Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #15,376 of 62,422
I actually had the original version with horrible hissing. They sounded great, except for the hissing, obviously.

Well...got the "new version" and well, they are actually the new version! Very faint hiss, but nothing extreme and very typical with most TWS. Very satisfied this time around AND these are a no-brainer with the promo code. Even at full price, a solid recommendation. SQ is among the best out there, regardless of price.

Cool, thanks for the Promo...it worked direct from Anker/Soundcore direct also. Hopefully I find these worth the $120. I have the MW07+, Sony WF-1000XM3, and Sennheiser MTW right now from Best Buy to evaluate if am OK keeping any of the $200+ options that interest me. So far suspect I will return all. MW07+ sounds really nice and like controls, but at $300 the SQ, noise cancelling and ambient mode aren't far enough over these Shanling to justify the dosh. Really the Shanling aren't far off when EQed some. I suspect there is some good DSP something going on with the MW07+ and something about how they go in your ear that give them a more open sound than these others I am checking. The sony are just super uncomfortable for me. Hoping Anker is better. Sony are probably near parity with the Shanling EQed once I match response....seems to depend on song and music type which I prefer. The Sennheiser are just super uncomfortable and something about them seems cheap for the price...while to me being a bit boomy somehow. The MW07+ at least seem premium built in all ways. I will say the MW07+ might be a bit to sharp on the highs with some music for me. So by not means perfect for $300. Definitely the MW07+ has a more universally great sound vs the Shanling though. I can find some music that exposes weakness of the shanling easier where it sounds ever so slightly like under water vs the MW07 which is more like using open back cans almost and sorta rare in IEM. Hopefully the app and such with the Soundcore get me exactly what I am after and only are a bit more than the shanling. I can do without Ambient if it's only going to be halfazzed anyhow. The Sony it's really nice setup, but biggest issue with them was fit and also the controls on the headset are minimal and seemed to often beep and then not do what they were supposed to. Seems pretty jacked up for the price when the shanlings just work with the touch controls.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #15,377 of 62,422
Cool, thanks for the Promo...it worked direct from Anker/Soundcore direct also. Hopefully I find these worth the $120. I have the MW07+, Sony WF-1000XM3, and Sennheiser MTW right now from Best Buy to evaluate if am OK keeping any of the $200+ options that interest me. So far suspect I will return all. MW07+ sounds really nice and like controls, but at $300 the SQ, noise cancelling and ambient mode aren't far enough over these Shanling to justify the dosh. Really the Shanling aren't far off when EQed some. I suspect there is some good DSP something going on with the MW07+ and something about how they go in your ear that give them a more open sound than these others I am checking. The sony are just super uncomfortable for me. Hoping Anker is better. Sony are probably near parity with the Shanling EQed once I match response....seems to depend on song and music type which I prefer. The Sennheiser are just super uncomfortable and something about them seems cheap for the price...while to me being a bit boomy somehow. The MW07+ at least seem premium built in all ways. I will say the MW07+ might be a bit to sharp on the highs with some music for me. So by not means perfect for $300. Hopefully the app and such with the Soundcore get me exactly what I am after and only are a bit more than the shanling. I can do without Ambient if it's only going to be halfazzed anyhow. The Sony it's really nice setup, but biggest issue with them was fit and also the controls on the headset are minimal and seemed to often beep and then not do what they were supposed to. Seems pretty jacked up for the price when the shanlings just work with the touch controls.
It sounds strange, I’m extremely sensitive to High and always go with Warm, recessed high headphones. I don’t have any problem with MW07 + Spinfit CP360. I tried with Spiral Dot, but it makes MW07 brighter to me.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #15,378 of 62,422
Damn, you made me want to try these L2P, because MW07 is currently my champion after trying other hyped TWS. I hope Amazon won’t ban me because of returning too much.

After hearing Sennheiser, I don’t think MW07 has forward vocal at all, so maybe L2P has very recessed vocal.
Comparison of the mids was in the context those 2 units only, but generally speaking, the mids are not forward on the MW07. The good thing about the L2P is that there are 22 presets, and most find the "Piano" preset to be very good.

My brief comparison was based solely on out-of-the-box sound.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #15,379 of 62,422
Comparison of the mids was in the context those 2 units only, but generally speaking, the mids are not forward on the MW07. The good thing about the L2P is that there are 22 presets, and most find the "Piano" preset to be very good.

My brief comparison was based solely on out-of-the-box sound.
Ok, I just ordered a used pair from Amazon. I hope this is the last TWS I need to buy.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #15,380 of 62,422
I found them to have good fit, decent bass but strident highs with unpleasant sibilance.
Not to my liking, but YMMV.
OH no sibilance is my enemy. Thanks HiFlight!

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #15,381 of 62,422
It sounds strange, I’m extremely sensitive to High and always go with Warm, recessed high headphones. I don’t have any problem with MW07 + Spinfit CP360. I tried with Spiral Dot, but it makes MW07 brighter to me.

It's not too bright at all. It's just lots of cymbal crashes and such in some songs can become too harsh for my ears. I suspect they are slightly over emphasized in some what to get the open effect. Overall can sound way better in music the Shanlings struggle with. Like some distorted electric guitars come across way more proper on the MW07+. So I can sorta see many finding the price totally acceptable. Oh an this is stock MW07+ Tips and at higher volume than I can get the Shanling. Would be curious how much of the Shanling weakness is in the AAC vs AptX. It's weakness do seem like what you often get from compression related things.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #15,383 of 62,422
It's not too bright at all. It's just lots of cymbal crashes and such in some songs can become too harsh for my ears. I suspect they are slightly over emphasized in some what to get the open effect. Overall can sound way better in music the Shanlings struggle with. Like some distorted electric guitars come across way more proper on the MW07+. So I can sorta see many finding the price totally acceptable. Oh an this is stock MW07+ Tips and at higher volume than I can get the Shanling. Would be curious how much of the Shanling weakness is in the AAC vs AptX. It's weakness do seem like what you often get from compression related things.
Actually what you described is what I avoid in all of my phones and speakers, I can’t stand them at all. Can you give me some songs where those are more prominent? I haven’t tried stock tips but looks like CP360 thick silicon dampens the sound of MW07 to me.

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #15,385 of 62,422
Nice. Ldac too. But that price is ridiculous for a BT cable. ES100 does LDAC for like 80 bucks.

Agreed.
And with PS you would be paying for a boutique cable as well. That might matter if you were a cable believer, and to them who are, it may be worth it.

IMO not to me.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #15,386 of 62,422
Just ordered the Jabra Elite 75t through the early sale going on right now at Best Buy. They should be here by Thursday! Early reviews seem promising. Will be doing a full review and direct comparison with the Airpods Pro and MW07 (old version and what I remember from the Plus version). Curious to see if they make me want to return my APPs loll.

Anxious to hear what you think!

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #15,387 of 62,422

I had a similar reaction to the sound of the MW07 Go as you did with the MW07+. I didn't think it was overly bright but also not what I would call mid-forward. The highs were more emphasized than I was used to coming from more warmer sounding IEMs (which I enjoy but others may find "boring"). While listening to some songs, I did wish M&D had included an app with an EQ. I did think the SQ was excellent however and was (and still am) after a different sound signature than what I have in my Senn MTWs to complement them. Probably just differences in taste and styles of music.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #15,388 of 62,422
Ok, I just ordered a used pair from Amazon. I hope this is the last TWS I need to buy.

LOL! In that case, you better quit reading this thread then. And maybe even stay off Head-Fi completely! :ksc75smile:

PS: Sorry about your wallet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back