Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #15,347 of 62,109
Didn't someone just recently say the Kissral sound quite different / very low on bass? Might want to do a search. I can only confirm that SSK ufo sounds the same as the much lauded Anbes 359, and I recommend those a lot

Cheers for the help bro! Narrowed it down to that SSK for $44 AUD from AliExpress with longer postage or a Mpow T5 (I think it'd the older model without upgraded software) for $69 AUD with fast postage on eBay. Guess it's just time to decide if I want to wait and save money or not aha!

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #15,350 of 62,109
Hi dudes! Anyone getting the TRN T200? I'd like someone to compare them to the Anbes/SSK. For 33 $ale they look intriguing. Merci.

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #15,351 of 62,109
Flossy is very entertaining, but not really someone to watch for audiophile recommendations. He listens to everything at max volume, so, you know, science ‘n all.
Since Tyle retired, is there any video reviewer to watch for audiophile recommendations?

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #15,355 of 62,109
I sent the MW07+ back because I have only Apple devices and the MW07+ don’t support AAC. I can’t really speak to the sound of the MW07+ because I was only able to connect them via SBC and I don’t think that codec allowed the earphones to show their full sonic capabilities. I think M&D misstepped by not including AAC.

M&D mentioned that they expected to enable AAC through a firmware update, but they didn’t know the timing, or whether the firmware would be able to be updated without sending the earphones back to the manufacturer. If/when they do update the MW07+ to include AAC, I may repurchase them. Having said that, there are several other TWEs with better ANC that have recently hit the market (like the APPs and the Echo Buds), so the MW07+ are a harder sell now. Every earphone has its moment, I guess — and it’s a tough market.

The L2Ps do connect via AAC and are really nice sounding — arguably the best sounding TWEs on the market now. (Obviously, a very subjective judgment, and your mileage may vary.)

I’m aware the codecs are only part of the story — but it irked me to spend $299 on a pair of earphones that didn’t include the only high quality codec that Apple supports.

The L2P's are getting a lot of good comments. Are you saying the L2P is even better than the MW07, and in what way? Or are your comments somewhat biased because you are "irked" about the lack of your Apple codec? I have Android so that wouldn't concern me.

Nov 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #15,357 of 62,109
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back