Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #15,361 of 62,422
The L2P's are getting a lot of good comments. Are you saying the L2P is even better than the MW07, and in what way? Or are your comments somewhat biased because you are "irked" about the lack of your Apple codec? I have Android so that wouldn't concern me.

I’m saying that since I only have Apple devices I could only listen to the MW07+ via SBC, which is possibly not a fair representation of how good those ‘phones can sound — so I don’t think it would be meaningful for me to compare them directly to the L2Ps. If you want a meaningful/fair comparison, it would be better ask someone with an Android phone who has both sets of earphones.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #15,362 of 62,422
I’m saying that since I only have Apple devices I could only listen to the MW07+ via SBC, which is possibly not a fair representation of how good those ‘phones can sound — so I don’t think it would be meaningful for me to compare them directly to the L2Ps. If you want a meaningful/fair comparison, it would be better ask someone with and Android phone who has both sets of earphones.

That would be me. The L2ps are very good, but the MW07+ over aptx in Android is the best wireless I have heard.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #15,363 of 62,422
@voicemaster - Gamesky it seems. I agree, I had subscribed but unsubscribed, he goes through the motions, not very useful...

Good catch. Decent review, can't see too many reasons to upgrade from the 65Ts, if anything the call quality is a tad inferior.

Yeah, gamesky is overall a terrible reviewer of sound quality. Literally every other iem, he starts saying meaningless stuff like "these are the most dynamic set yet" or "they boosted the bass a ton, but they also boosted the mids and the trebles to bring it all level". (yes, he says "trebles"). Its like he's going through the same meaningless script.

His reviews are still (unfortunately) one of the best sources of information, he records good b-roll footage etc, he demonstrates fit and mic quality etc very well. He's a good enough youtuber that unfortunately he's going to become the default source of information for tws chifi iems for normies.

if you know how to parse through the bull, you can still get a basic idea of some aspects of the sound (mainly whether or not there is harshness, whether or not the iem lacks bass extension).

Its still disappointing.... I wish we had our very own "crinacle" for the tws iem world.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #15,365 of 62,422
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #15,366 of 62,422
The thing I like about gamesky is the mic tests :D
The one thing I wonder, however, is if the mic test is just over the voice recorder on the phone OR if it's actually a phone call to another device that's being recorded from that device. The performance will differ in each of those situations. Generally speaking, mic quality over the the voice recorder will be better than mic quality over an actual call.

Best thing to do is recorder yourself over the voice recorded, then compare that with a call to yourself (leave yourself a voice message).

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #15,367 of 62,422
Since Tyle retired, is there any video reviewer to watch for audiophile recommendations?
I follow about 15 different headphones reviewers. They all are good on some areas and kind of lack on other. I like about Gamesky his dedication to bring us cheap bud reviews. Not because he does that mean he is milking Chinese brands. That doesn't even work, specially on YT. He was the fist reviewer to call the APP by what really believes they actually are (stay away from reviews fro MaxTech, Brian Tong, UraverageConsumer and any other YTber that only sticks to the #teampopular only for views). They Also hurt startups and competition badly. Anybody who knows YT and their algorithm wouldn't want to be away from apple, samsung etc... as no other brand generates them as much money, but there dies the quality and objectivity.
Now for The most objective reviewer that understand audio
this is my favourite https://www.youtube.com/user/HiFiHeadphones

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #15,368 of 62,422
The one thing I wonder, however, is if the mic test is just over the voice recorder on the phone OR if it's actually a phone call to another device that's being recorded from that device. The performance will differ in each of those situations. Generally speaking, mic quality over the the voice recorder will be better than mic quality over an actual call.

Best thing to do is recorder yourself over the voice recorded, then compare that with a call to yourself (leave yourself a voice message).
Too many variable with that situation that you cannot monitor in terms of signal quality, cell tower conditions, etc. as the networks have their own noise reduction and compression algorithms. Recording to the device is much more consistent as a point of comparison between different earphones, though it will differ from eventual phone calls.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #15,369 of 62,422
Since Tyle retired, is there any video reviewer to watch for audiophile recommendations?
Tyll was great, but I did have some issues with his strong budget recommendation for the Ausdom M05, which was complete trash. I couldn't even EQ that to anything enjoyable. Sooo muffled...

I mean, I don't always agree with Jimmy (Jim's Review Room), but I think he keeps it pretty straight. I also find GYMCADDY to be solid. He seems to keep things honest. I like EBPMAN as well.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #15,370 of 62,422
Nov 12, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #15,371 of 62,422
Hi dudes! Anyone getting the TRN T200? I'd like someone to compare them to the Anbes/SSK. For 33 $ale they look intriguing. Merci.
I found them to have good fit, decent bass but strident highs with unpleasant sibilance.
Not to my liking, but YMMV.

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #15,372 of 62,422
I just test Sony WF1000XM3, Sennheiser True Wireless and MW07, and the MW07 just destroyed Sennheiser, while Sony is a step down from MW07. With Sony, the amazing bass really make the sound more musical, while Sennheiser more focus on vocal. The MW07 vocal and bass are so good, vocal is smoother than Sony, and more musical than Sennheiser. The soundstage of Sony is higher and more 3D than Sennheiser, while Sennheiser wins in width. The MW07 soundstage just destroyed them all.

However, I can see Sennheiser is suitable for vocal only lover, the forward vocal is really attractive and detail, but you lack a lot of whistle and bells in MW07.

About the comfort, Sennheiser wins but Sony and MW07 are not bad, the difference in SQ is totally too much that I don’t care much.

I think I can replace my old IE80 and go full wireless with MW07. The sound is just so good, and so satisfying to me. I had a chance to buy MW07 Go for 140€, so MW07 Plus is not worthy 2x the price for me, but I may buy it for a discount, or look for an upgrade from MasterDynamic next year.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #15,373 of 62,422
Just ordered the Jabra Elite 75t through the early sale going on right now at Best Buy. They should be here by Thursday! Early reviews seem promising. Will be doing a full review and direct comparison with the Airpods Pro and MW07 (old version and what I remember from the Plus version). Curious to see if they make me want to return my APPs loll.

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,374 of 62,422
The L2P's are getting a lot of good comments. Are you saying the L2P is even better than the MW07, and in what way? Or are your comments somewhat biased because you are "irked" about the lack of your Apple codec? I have Android so that wouldn't concern me.
I have the original MW07 (which by almost all accounts sound the same as the Plus version) and the L2P. SQ alone, they are very close. There is a bit more precision with the L2P, which is no surprise given the Knowles BA. The MW07 has a bit more warmth and the mids are a little more forward when compared to the L2P. Bass sounds a little cleaner on the L2P. For me, comfort is about the same. Mic for calls better on the L2P.

IMG_2359.jpg

Nov 12, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #15,375 of 62,422
I have the original MW07 (which by almost all accounts sound the same as the Plus version) and the L2P. SQ alone, they are very close. There is a bit more precision with the L2P, which is no surprise given the Knowles BA. The MW07 has a bit more warmth and the mids are a little more forward when compared to the L2P. Bass sounds a little cleaner on the L2P. For me, comfort is about the same. Mic for calls better on the L2P.

Damn, you made me want to try these L2P, because MW07 is currently my champion after trying other hyped TWS. I hope Amazon won’t ban me because of returning too much.

After hearing Sennheiser, I don’t think MW07 has forward vocal at all, so maybe L2P has very recessed vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back