Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #5,596 of 62,400
Is the suggestion that these really compete with the Senns for $37 or is this hyperbole? I mean if they could hang with the Bose, Sony or RHA, that would be a reason enough to buy them.
I haven't found any Chi-Fi units I felt I could legitimately offer as comparison to the MTW or MW07. Some sound "good", but almost all are SBC and I can hear the compression "ceiling", so to speak, from a slightly more congested SBC presentation with inferior imaging. All else being equal, the value of codecs is readily apparent when using the same HQ source and toggling between SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC. Certainly, the driver, acoustic design, etc. play a primary role, but as I qualified, all else being equal.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #5,597 of 62,400
I haven't found any Chi-Fi units I felt I could legitimately offer as comparison to the MTW or MW07. Some sound "good", but almost all are SBC and I can hear the compression "ceiling", so to speak, from a slightly more congested SBC presentation with inferior imaging. All else being equal, the value of codecs is readily apparent when using the same HQ source and toggling between SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC. Certainly, the driver, acoustic design, etc. play a primary role, but as I qualified, all else being equal.
Looks like the Creative Air have potential - although they are $100 not $37. I started to buy them and then stopped because I currently have 4 TW earbuds in my rotation and I figured I would wait for more reviews. I'd love to take a flier on these chi-fi units just for fun but I feel like they'll never unseat the big boys. I've become fond of the Audio Technica sports even though are are probably $50 overpriced. Fun sound, excellent fit and easy to connect/use. I might hold out for those garish Klipsch and a sharpie to cover the gold...

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #5,600 of 62,400
Is the suggestion that these really compete with the Senns for $37 or is this hyperbole? I mean if they could hang with the Bose, Sony or RHA, that would be a reason enough to buy them.
Just buy them spaceship and you'll see. :beerchug:

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #5,601 of 62,400
Mar 18, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #5,602 of 62,400
Agreed fully. This thread now is in a prolonged fit of a chi-fi love, so out of curiosity I’ve got myself some famed qcy t1. Soundwise they’re indeed more or less in 65t class (more air, less meat). Not even remotely close to mw07 or e8 or, I suspect, mtw. Rest of the package is decidedly under $50 class - cheap and light plastic, no volume control, no auto pause, bulky case with no lid. But for $25 they are awesome, I guess. Btw, on my S9+ they play aac according to developer options.

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #5,603 of 62,400
I wish I could update my Senns. Ive tried at least 20+ times to no avail. Mine is still on 1.22. Ive tried deleting the app a few times and letting it sit for up to 20 minutes to see if it would recognize and nothing. You'd think updating would be the easy part.
Have you tried unpairing it by “forgetting “ them? I am also on android but updated with ios.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #5,604 of 62,400
Agreed fully. This thread now is in a prolonged fit of a chi-fi love, so out of curiosity I’ve got myself some famed qcy t1. Soundwise they’re indeed more or less in 65t class (more air, less meat). Not even remotely close to mw07 or e8 or, I suspect, mtw. Rest of the package is decidedly under $50 class - cheap and light plastic, no volume control, no auto pause, bulky case with no lid. But for $25 they are awesome, I guess. Btw, on my S9+ they play aac according to developer options.
I find myself buying Chi-Fi units out of curiosity (and trying to hit a jackpot) to see if some at least use AAC and sound like magic. Most of the sellers indicate these random Chi-Fi units support AAC, but alas, most are just SBC and the sellers are just full of sheet.

The Creatives look interesting, so I may pull the trigger, but I'm not really sure what niche they'll fit. People around me a are beginning to think I'm like a dope fiend.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #5,605 of 62,400
I wish I could update my Senns. Ive tried at least 20+ times to no avail. Mine is still on 1.22. Ive tried deleting the app a few times and letting it sit for up to 20 minutes to see if it would recognize and nothing. You'd think updating would be the easy part.
Have you tried unpairing it by “forgetting “ them? I am also on android but updated with ios.
I'm sure he tried that 19 attempts ago. :L3000:

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #5,606 of 62,400
I find myself buying Chi-Fi units out of curiosity (and trying to hit a jackpot) to see if some at least use AAC and sound like magic. Most of the sellers indicate these random Chi-Fi units support AAC, but alas, most are just SBC and the sellers are just full of sheet.

The Creatives look interesting, so I may pull the trigger, but I'm not really sure what niche they'll fit. People around me a are beginning to think I'm like a dope fiend.

QCY QS2 supports AAC. Since people seem to be bonkers over the QS1, why not give the QS2 a try?

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #5,607 of 62,400
I order that anbes model we will see, I have used a lot true wireless over the years. I will tell you if they sound good or not, I hope its a sleeper hit! I like those kinds of gems. guys I wanted to say I was comparing my Jabra 65t and Samsung galaxy buds yesterday and I am beginning to think the galaxy buds are much better than people want to admit, the online reviews are not giving them justice, I think they sound, smoother cleaner and go deeper in bass, mids are good and treble is a lot better more natural overall, less processed to my ears than the 65t active! I have to do more critical listening. they are definitely a lot more comfortable, lighter in ear and the controls just work better too. I don't understand way the reviews are not so good for the galaxy buds.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #5,608 of 62,400
It's amazing how much an eartip can change the sound and experience of an in-ear headset. I'm glad I'm such a "nerd" that I don't just use the standard included tips...
Have tested a lot of different tips on my B&O E8 2.0.
Comply Ts-200 Medium/Large, T-200 M/L, Symbio by MandarinEs M/L, Spinfit CP-100 M/L and Spinfit CP-100Z L. (and of course briefly tried the default silicon tips that's included)
The best fit is the Spinfit CP-100Z L for me, very comfortable, with good seal and tight punchy bass. BUT the highs are a bit too sharp. The "s-sounds" are too sharp, especially on female vocals. Sadly :frowning2:
So after intense testing :) my choice fell on the Ts-200 Mediums. (The large ones pushed the buds too far out of the ear, and did not fit in the charging case). Good seal, good bass and the highs are warmer than with the Spinfits.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #5,609 of 62,400
The only annoying thing, when I had B&O E8s was that half second disconnection on the left bud. Did they fix it with E8 2.0s?

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #5,610 of 62,400
I order that anbes model we will see, I have used a lot true wireless over the years. I will tell you if they sound good or not, I hope its a sleeper hit! I like those kinds of gems. guys I wanted to say I was comparing my Jabra 65t and Samsung galaxy buds yesterday and I am beginning to think the galaxy buds are much better than people want to admit, the online reviews are not giving them justice, I think they sound, smoother cleaner and go deeper in bass, mids are good and treble is a lot better more natural overall, less processed to my ears than the 65t active! I have to do more critical listening. they are definitely a lot more comfortable, lighter in ear and the controls just work better too. I don't understand way the reviews are not so good for the galaxy buds.

They are much better than the Jabra 65t I posted that a couple of times earlier. They are a solid set. They almost sound as good as my Mavin's but neither is nearly as good SQ wise as the Senn's and I would assume the MW07. The Senn's had to many issue's for a 300 set so I returned them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back