Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 19, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #5,613 of 62,168
have you received your qcy yet?
Not yet hoping sometime this week. Edit looks like they are in San Francisco(I'm in Florida) so should be here any day now hopefully. I can't wait to compare the soundstage of the Anbes spaceship to them. I'll be sure to post when I get them.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #5,614 of 62,168
I order that anbes model we will see, I have used a lot true wireless over the years. I will tell you if they sound good or not, I hope its a sleeper hit! I like those kinds of gems. guys I wanted to say I was comparing my Jabra 65t and Samsung galaxy buds yesterday and I am beginning to think the galaxy buds are much better than people want to admit, the online reviews are not giving them justice, I think they sound, smoother cleaner and go deeper in bass, mids are good and treble is a lot better more natural overall, less processed to my ears than the 65t active! I have to do more critical listening. they are definitely a lot more comfortable, lighter in ear and the controls just work better too. I don't understand way the reviews are not so good for the galaxy buds.
:D Great news can't wait to see your thoughts on them. Are you in the US?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #5,615 of 62,168
Yes in the USA.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #5,616 of 62,168
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #5,617 of 62,168
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #5,618 of 62,168
I saw these and said to myself these look a lot like the anbes, what do you think?
https://www.target.com/p/jbl-free-x-true-wireless-earbuds/-/A-75575605

anyone know what true wireless models that are coming down the pipe? I saw these and thought this looks cool, but no specs yet.
https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/03/klipsch-true-wireless-earbuds-stainless-steel-charging-case/
Nope the case is different. I bet the Anbes are just as good or better than the JBL.

Mar 19, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #5,619 of 62,168

I don't think it's that bad. They are rating these as "closed back headphones" and I don't think Rtings deducts for things like "truly wireless". That said, I am personally surprised by all the rave reviews about the MTM SQ. To me, the MTW is a very good well-rounded TW headset. It checks many boxes - good fit, good SQ, good app, decent battery. But, in terms of SQ, I would place it closer to the Bose, Sony and RHA than the MW07. Sound is subjective and a ton of reviews say that they beat the MW07 but those surprise me because at least to my ears, it's not that close. IF you look at Rtings, they actually like the SQ right up to the treble response. I boost my treble on the app to help this but the MTW do not sparkle or shimmer like the MW07. Be nice if Rtings put the MW07 through a test drive.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #5,620 of 62,168
In search of the best low cost TWE, I just bought this one. Don't expect much of it though - Bluedio's sound quality disappointed me before - but lots of people seem to like their products, so why not?

0B541633-8400-4B8D-89A6-C0E8CAF5CB70.jpeg

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #5,621 of 62,168
Hi everyone . i just bought qcy t1c and quite impressed with the sound quality . But i am searching for tws with better bass . Currently i am looking at sabbat x12 pro. Is sabbat x12 pro have greater bass than qcy t1c ? *i am a basshead

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #5,622 of 62,168
Hi everyone . i just bought qcy t1c and quite impressed with the sound quality . But i am searching for tws with better bass . Currently i am looking at sabbat x12 pro. Is sabbat x12 pro have greater bass than qcy t1c ? *i am a basshead

Is EQ an option?

You could also try tips with the narrowest bore possible, like Olives or Sony Hybrids.

Finally, if you lift up the nozzle mesh, you can put a small piece of acoustic foam down in the nozzle. Then stick the nozzle filter back into place. That will boost the low end of any IEM.

You’ll have to experiment with different sizes and densities of foam, since I don’t know the exact size of the nozzle. You don’t want it packed too dense or it will choke the sound. You don’t want it loose and bouncing around inside either. You want just enough where it stays in place and the foam is partially compressed.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #5,623 of 62,168
No, the Sabbat is the bass lightest of the eight pair I have. The Tronsmart Encore Spunky Buds is the most bass heavy one, still maintaining a fairly detailed sound.

Really. The Spunky Buds just pump in your ear.

Ahum. :p

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #5,624 of 62,168
guys check your Samsung gear app, Samsung released another update for the Samsung galaxy buds, even though I am having zero problems since I received them they have been flawless, I am starting to get a little attached to these, for example the Jabra 65t active are actually gargantuan and feel heavy in ear, the galaxy buds are nice, light and small in ear. a very solid set of true wireless good job Samsung.

the update still didn't fix the thing when you have ambient mode on, and you take a bud out and put it back in and it turns ambient mode off, it should stay on until you manually shut it off. I use this in office a lot, its a pain,

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #5,625 of 62,168
So I tried the Anbes flying saucer, and I have to say that while pretty good for the money, I'm not a great fan. I have put these into the "not going to use - will make a great gift" pile. Not sure exactly what it is. Sounds a little thin? Or maybe too V-shaped for me? Thought I heard a bit of bass distortion as well (I don't play music particularly loud).

Admittedly, I didn't give them much of a try-out, I just thought "These sound pretty damn good for $36, but I can't see myself listening to them".

YMMV

If pressed to identify why I really don't care for them, I would have to give them more head time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back