Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #62,162 of 62,453
Decided to buy these as had a relative good experience with their previous offerings.

They have improved tuning and is great to see maintaining and improving their price points.

App is very good and their tuning is a bit different but both appealing.

If you like stem type TWS give these a look

1000007824.jpg

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #62,164 of 62,453
I returned MTW4 didn’t work for me I didn’t like it personally wasn’t comfortable somehow and I couldn’t get good seal ANC performance and I couldn’t get to enjoy the sound fully some good details with sound personalization but it won’t beat either az80 or b and ex in my opinion ,if you don’t like the stems then go with az80 I d say some people really like mtw4 it’s also every persons sound preferences and ear shapes are different keep in mind lol
I like the az80 due to better build quality. The mtw4 doesn't have great build quality, and I don't know if I want to take the risk of opening it. I can get more selling it brand new unopened.

Would you still choose the az80 over say the field like the two noble buds you can get for inside 350? Triumph and mystique. I don't know what else the options are. Triumph might be a bit outside my budget tbh and seems sold out anyways.

So many options out there tbh. I like the aviot reviews/specs but zero chance I would buy something imported with warranty requiring shipping to Japan. Too dangerous bet for something costing 320 usd.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #62,165 of 62,453
I would keep the MTW4 for now as nothing excites me when it comes to new TWS nowadays.
It feels like many of them just provide a different “flavour” and some new features but not always a huge jump in the sq department. Back to your MTW4, if they fail again just get them replaced and flipped them then.
I still would have warranty until summer 2025. I just find myself wondering if it's worth the hassle. By moving onto another tws with better build quality, I would have fewer potential headaches. The sound on mtw3 was amazing, but this goes beyond sound. It's luck of the draw for when you open the box.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #62,167 of 62,453
I like the az80 due to better build quality. The mtw4 doesn't have great build quality, and I don't know if I want to take the risk of opening it. I can get more selling it brand new unopened.

Would you still choose the az80 over say the field like the two noble buds you can get for inside 350? Triumph and mystique. I don't know what else the options are. Triumph might be a bit outside my budget tbh and seems sold out anyways.

So many options out there tbh. I like the aviot reviews/specs but zero chance I would buy something imported with warranty requiring shipping to Japan. Too dangerous bet for something costing 320 usd.
I sold the az80 and kept the MTW4 and the Jabra elite 10.

I pretty much found everything Superior about the MTW4 for over the az80 except for the size of the case, And phone call quality outside.

The technics app is good but the MTW4 is better. The volume is better on the Sennheiser and to me the sound quality was a little better. The ANC is slightly better too in my opinion. Also the MTW4 fit better as they are a smaller bud. I didn't see issues with the build quality and I've had them since day one so far.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #62,168 of 62,453

If you asking me personally I ll go with sz80 over mtws I didn’t own any noble products yet I will receive the triumph 29th and I also gambled and purchased zx-1 from Japan also waiting for shipping maybe middle of may for me ANC and top notch sound quality ( with very good details ) I experienced this with b and o ex and denon perl pro ( in my opinion demon Perl pro has the best sound because of Massimo sound customization and the difference is it does it automatically like magic )

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #62,169 of 62,453

I had the AZ-80s and kept the MTW4s. After extensive A/Bing I think built quality is good on both, I like the way the MTW4s sound better than the AZ-80s.
The Senn's customization program took 3 times to work and after it did WOW. I have the MTW4s since intro date.

2 weeks ago I listened to the AVIOT TE~ZX1 for 1st time .......FULL STOP. MTW4's are put away. Search the thread for my and other's impressions.
I can add now, that functionally it performs as it should. No drops, good range, stays paired, ANC excellent, and obeys touch commands smoothly.
I am looking forward to getting the ZX1~PNK model and hearing the differences!

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #62,170 of 62,453
I had the AZ-80s and kept the MTW4s. After extensive A/Bing I think built quality is good on both, I like the way the MTW4s sound better than the AZ-80s.
The Senn's customization program took 3 times to work and after it did WOW. I have the MTW4s since intro date.

2 weeks ago I listened to the AVIOT TE~ZX1 for 1st time .......FULL STOP. MTW4's are put away. Search the thread for my and other's impressions.
I can add now, that functionally it performs as it should. No drops, good range, stays paired, ANC excellent, and obeys touch commands smoothly.
I am looking forward to getting the ZX1~PNK model and hearing the differences!
Are there any differences zx1-pnk and aviot te zx1 ? Where did u order it ? You think aviot zx-1 better. Then triumph ?

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #62,172 of 62,453
Aviot seems like a stand-up company. I had a config related glitch and got a good human response plus a follow-up. When they released the product from the indiegogo everybody got it overnight shipped from Japan. Most importantly, I haven't heard of anyone with real problems.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #62,173 of 62,453

I wouldn't worry about shipping to/from Japan tbh. I have bought more than 10 watches ($300 - $1200) from Japan and none have any issues so far other than in some cases, I need to pay for import tax. It is also fairly quick with average delivery time in at most a week time. Also, when buying from Japan, they really really really packing it very nicely. If you've been to Japan, they took another level of packaging for all their stuffs.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #62,174 of 62,453
I still would have warranty until summer 2025. I just find myself wondering if it's worth the hassle. By moving onto another tws with better build quality, I would have fewer potential headaches. The sound on mtw3 was amazing, but this goes beyond sound. It's luck of the draw for when you open the box.
I think the reliability is going to come from more than just build quality. Things you can’t see, such as the components chosen, the design implementation, the quality of the firmware, the capability and usability of any app, all play into what we perceive as “quality”.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #62,175 of 62,453
Hmm aviot has a store on Amazon but no te-zx1 yet. I will email them to ask if they will be releasing on Amazon. Indiego is sold out and I don't see it on their shop. I would definitely buy if it was on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back