Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 26, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #62,146 of 62,447
Just raised a warranty return for my MTW3's -- the left bud is perpetually draining despite multiple factory resets
Will see what they do --- i do like the MTW's so if they do happen to upgrade then i'll likely keep but disappointing on the quality for £300 buds
Sennheiser is really overpriced. I had the MTW3 and they broke down twice before I just asked for a refund. The Aviot TE-ZX1 was only 230€ after shipping and taxes and it does everything better than the MTW3, except for size.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #62,148 of 62,447
Not even a week in and my left earbud on the triumph is malfunctioning. Just blinking blue :frowning2:

I think that's a loss connection situation.

Try this:

Leave the left side outside of the charge case

Keep the right side in the charge case

Press and hold the reset button for approximately 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #62,149 of 62,447
I have a decision to make, ya'll.

I sent my defective MTW3 for warranty. They are sending me an MTW4. Should I keep it or sell and get something better?

I can sell it for $250 new and add $100 to get something even better. I was looking at AZ80 and B&O EX for inside 300 after suggestions on here last week (I was leaning AZ80 because EX has a stem). Budget just went up to $350. Any suggestions for inside $350 usd?

My requirements:
-good sound quality
-comfortable
-decent build quality
-halfway decent call quality
-$350 max
-must have an app
-Not imported from off-seas with no chance of warranty support

If I didn't mention something like ANC, it means it doesn't matter to me. I used to care about codecs but no big deal these days - aptx/ldac/aac, all work on my android phone. Thanks.
I returned MTW4 didn’t work for me I didn’t like it personally wasn’t comfortable somehow and I couldn’t get good seal ANC performance and I couldn’t get to enjoy the sound fully some good details with sound personalization but it won’t beat either az80 or b and ex in my opinion ,if you don’t like the stems then go with az80 I d say some people really like mtw4 it’s also every persons sound preferences and ear shapes are different keep in mind lol

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #62,150 of 62,447
I returned MTW4 didn’t work for me I didn’t like it personally wasn’t comfortable somehow and I couldn’t get good seal ANC performance and I couldn’t get to enjoy the sound fully some good details with sound personalization but it won’t beat either az80 or b and ex in my opinion ,if you don’t like the stems then go with az80 I d say some people really like mtw4 it’s also every persons sound preferences and ear shapes are different keep in mind lol
Why even talk about the sound if you couldn't get a seal? You can never know how it sounds then.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #62,152 of 62,447
lol even without proper seal you can tell it has better details and deeps then jabra elite 10 with proper seal
IMHO the seal is important as it could or even should have an impact on overall balance and perception of sound. Ear tips can also impact perception of detail and/or tuning as some can e.g. hold IEMs deeper in ear canal changing it's resonance.

Your brain have to have some time to adjust especially if you are switching between totally different types of tuning.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #62,153 of 62,447
I really like my MTW4s with Flexifit foam. (A little shallow tips, with great comfort and sound)
Sound with some "Sound Personalization" is great!
BT range and stability is great.
Anti Wind mode works well.
ANC is good, so is transparency mode.

MTW4: A really good allrounder IMO!

Attachments

• IMG_4748.JPG
    IMG_4748.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #62,156 of 62,447
IMHO the seal is important as it could or even should have an impact on overall balance and perception of sound. Ear tips can also impact perception of detail and/or tuning as some can e.g. hold IEMs deeper in ear canal changing it's resonance.

Your brain have to have some time to adjust especially if you are switching between totally different types of tuning.
I am still learning and a lot more to learn great info any recommendation on buying ear tips / brands ? And let’s say how will you know you got the perfect fit seal ear tips etc my one ear is different then other one like small medium etc outer shape different also I have to mix and match ?

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #62,158 of 62,447

Users who are viewing this thread

Back