Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #5,641 of 62,590
Hello guys, I love TW and don’t see myself going back to wired setup for on the go music but I found this on a Head-fi group on Facebook:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/wireless-headphones-like-apple-airpods-pose-cancer-risk-052504674.html

https://www.radiationhealthrisks.com/bluetooth-technology-radiation/

Thinking that BT bad frequencies going directly in the head is something that beginns to worry me... Because I listen to TW several ours per day... immagine the effect after years... We already know that taking a call and speaking in a phone is not better but when you do, you don’t expose yourself staying 4 hours per day, 7 days per week like some of us do while listening to music with TW...

What do you think about that?

Is it the cable lobbys that are trying to strike?....:)

This is nothing new.

They’ve been reporting this since WiFi 1st came out decades ago, and then again when Bluetooth came out (both 2.4Ghz; the exact same frequency as a microwave oven). And when pagers came out. Then cell phones. Then smart phones. Now 5G is the big ooga booga boogeyman.

The point is that we as a civilization are bombarded with EM radiation every day. Whether it’s your Bluetooth buds, WiFi in Starbucks, the Bluetooth in your car, the cell phone towers covering every square mile, RFID scanners in every store and elsewhere, AM/FM radio stations, TV stations, dental X-rays, CT scans, satellite TV, GPS, solar radiation, your Apple watch, Alexa/Echo speakers, wireless video cameras, wireless security system, etc.

I’m not saying that none of these things aren’t bad for you; they are. But good luck trying to get away from it all. In the grand scheme of things, Bluetooth is extremely low power, and your cell phone puts out hundreds (or thousands) of times more radiation, especially when roaming.

I guess you could always walk around with a faraday cage wrapped around yourself. I’ve thought about it, believe me.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #5,642 of 62,590
This is nothing new.

They’ve been reporting this since WiFi 1st came out decades ago, and then again when Bluetooth came out (both 2.4Ghz; the exact same frequency as a microwave oven). And when pagers came out. Then cell phones. Then smart phones. Now 5G is the big ooga booga boogeyman.

The point is that we as a civilization are bombarded with EM radiation every day. Whether it’s your Bluetooth buds, WiFi in Starbucks, the Bluetooth in your car, the cell phone towers covering every square mile, RFID scanners in every store and elsewhere, AM/FM radio stations, TV stations, dental X-rays, CT scans, satellite TV, GPS, solar radiation, your Apple watch, Alexa/Echo speakers, wireless video cameras, wireless security system, etc.

I’m not saying that none of these things aren’t bad for you; they are. But good luck trying to get away from it all. In the grand scheme of things, Bluetooth is extremely low power, and your cell phone puts out hundreds (or thousands) of times more radiation, especially when roaming.

You could always walk around with a faraday cage wrapped around yourself.

Thank you. Of course I know all of that but what stress me a little bit more is the direct radiations in the ears (head) for several hours...and almost everyday... Even if the power is less than phones, wify and so on, it’s direct and exposition is for hours. But it’s surely psychologic.

Mar 21, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #5,643 of 62,590
Thank you. Of course I know all of that but what stress me a little bit more is the direct radiations in the ears (head) for several hours...and almost everyday... Even if the power is less than phones, wify and so on, it’s direct and exposition is for hours. But it’s surely psychologic.

I’d be more worried about the lithium battery in the buds going nuclear and catching fire while they’re in your ears.

The videos of cell phones, vape pens, and hover boards going nuclear have me much more concerned about wireless buds than the minuscule amount of microwave radiation they put out.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #5,644 of 62,590
I’d be more worried about the lithium battery in the buds going nuclear and catching fire while they’re in your ears.

That actually happened before, and to make things worse it was on a plane: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/woman-s-headphones-explode-during-flight-china-australia-n733836

I guess those were full sized headphones which would have a larger battery. But on the other end they are not inserted inside your ear canal - no matter how small I wouldn’t like a battery to explode almost inside my ear.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #5,645 of 62,590
Just got my galaxy buds yesterday and have been using it for about 5 hours so far. At first, the treble is kind of piercing which is normal for Dynamic Driver. After about 2-3 hours of music playing, the treble has settled to non piercing at all. Also, it is noticeable if you turn on the EQ option on the app. I am using the "clear" setting as I find it pretty balance. Without EQ, it sounds kinda similar to QCY T1 (I have 2 of these which I love). Connection is good, ambiance mode is pretty much useless (wish its ambiance mode is like my Sony MDR1000X). Call quality is fine, but I only used it in my bedroom so not much noise going on.

I'm going to try right now with my ipod touch.

Well, Sennheiser Apps Suck!
It took 10 times to connect to ipod and now literally playing music and it won't connect to the App after manually trying at least 50 times.
Thank you for all those impressions. I guess I'm still reaaaally fine with my T1C. :)

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #5,646 of 62,590
I cancelled my order for the anbes, I have some sennheiser on the way to me, and wanted to focus on those to compare with my other true wireless.
I think you should reconsider they are fantastic. If I were to compare them I'd say close to the Sivga SV007 headphones SQ which are highly regarded around here.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #5,647 of 62,590
So I’ve reset the Sennheiser app. Even deleted it and reinstalled it, forget device and re-paired the earphones and the damn app still won’t update. Plus I used the earphones yesterday for not even two hours and put it back in the case and this morning it was dead. This is a huge fail from Sennheiser.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #5,648 of 62,590
So much trouble with those Senns. Glad I didn't have the funds to buy them. I'm so happy with my Anbes 359(spaceship), Funcl W1 and HonShoop. Too bad the Sabbat x12 does not sync together anymore. Not that the SQ was great. It was just ok. I got two other models on the way and hopefully I'm done.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #5,649 of 62,590
So much trouble with those Senns. Glad I didn't have the funds to buy them. I'm so happy with my Anbes 359(spaceship), Funcl W1 and HonShoop. Too bad the Sabbat x12 does not sync together anymore. Not that the SQ was great. It was just ok. I got two other models on the way and hopefully I'm done.
On the Sabbat's, I assume you've done a reset on them? I had a hell of a time to get them to connect initially. I held the buttons for quite a while, until I got some lights blinking. Then pulled out only the left to sync with my device before pairing the two earbuds together. Pulling them both out, having them sync together first, and then connecting to my phone wouldn't work for whatever reason.

Mar 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #5,650 of 62,590
On the Sabbat's, I assume you've done a reset on them? I had a hell of a time to get them to connect initially. I held the buttons for quite a while, until I got some lights blinking. Then pulled out only the left to sync with my device before pairing the two earbuds together. Pulling them both out, having them sync together first, and then connecting to my phone wouldn't work for whatever reason.
I have tried just about everything and they won't sync at all. I tried to find a way to get a warranty replacement but have not found any info to send them to. I bought them used on ebay and they were good for a week and now nada.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #5,651 of 62,590
So I’ve reset the Sennheiser app. Even deleted it and reinstalled it, forget device and re-paired the earphones and the damn app still won’t update. Plus I used the earphones yesterday for not even two hours and put it back in the case and this morning it was dead. This is a huge fail from Sennheiser.

That's really strange, I had zero issues updating on the day the FW was released. I saw the update for the app in the app store, updated it, then I was prompted for the FW update right when I opened the app.

Using an iPhone XS on iOS 12 if it matters.

Mar 21, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,652 of 62,590
So after having one earphone fall out of my ears in the pouring rain and spending 10 minutes trying to find it (thank god it didn't break), I finally caved and bought comply tips for my Sennheiser Momentum True wireless.

Best decision ever. They have completely changed the fit and the sound is also much better. The seal that I'm getting with the comply's are infinitely better than the awful stock tips. Would recommend anyone else dealing with fit issues to also get the complys.

Mar 21, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #5,653 of 62,590
You're using it with Apple? Its not available for Android yet, only Apple for now.

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #5,654 of 62,590
That's really strange, I had zero issues updating on the day the FW was released. I saw the update for the app in the app store, updated it, then I was prompted for the FW update right when I opened the app.

Using an iPhone XS on iOS 12 if it matters.
Unless I’m doing something wrong. I’m on latest iOS 12 and using iPhone X. I just open the app and tap on firmware and it says it’s current

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5,655 of 62,590
I might get the anbes later, I am trying to focus on these messing with these sennheiser mtw, pretty good but the Samsung give them a very good go sound wise, I am still playing with ear tips and eq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back