Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #5,282 of 62,729
I returned my Sabbat E12 for the Mavin's. I love the Mavin's sound clarity and instrument separation compared to the Sabbat. The Sabbat's bass seemed bloated and sounded muddy when compared to the Mavin's in my opinion. The Sabbat's fitment though was outstanding.

Agree that the E12 needs some EQ to remove some of the bass bloat and add a bit more sparkle in the high end frequencies

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #5,283 of 62,729
mavin.jpg
Agree that the E12 needs some EQ to remove some of the bass bloat and add a bit more sparkle in the high end frequencies
I am interested in trying the X12 though. I heard that the sound signature is different.
Can you post some close ups of the Mavin?

Mavin's on top and the Jabra Elite Sport on the bottom. They are a lot smaller than what I was expecting.

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #5,284 of 62,729
This is a big thread to read from start to finish, so can anyone offer some summaries please for the current favourites?

Most of my listening is in the gym. Currently using a Sansa Clip+ and Sony XB90EX, previously used other fun, bass heavy IEMs such as Hippo VB etc.

Id like to start using my iPhone in the gym instead and want to explore if bluetooth headphones have matured yet.

Price is no concern despite them being for the gym. So what are the reccomendations guys, for something with quality sounds and leaning more towards the bass heavy sound for electronic music?

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #5,285 of 62,729
This is a big thread to read from start to finish, so can anyone offer some summaries please for the current favourites?

Most of my listening is in the gym. Currently using a Sansa Clip+ and Sony XB90EX, previously used other fun, bass heavy IEMs such as Hippo VB etc.

Id like to start using my iPhone in the gym instead and want to explore if bluetooth headphones have matured yet.

Price is no concern despite them being for the gym. So what are the reccomendations guys, for something with quality sounds and leaning more towards the bass heavy sound for electronic music?
Based on your preferences, look at the Sennheiser MTW and the Sony SP700n. While I haven't personally heard them, soundguys indicated the JBL ua flash apparently puts out a ton of bass.

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #5,286 of 62,729
Can anyone share a comparison between the Mifo o5, Mifo o5 Pro, mavin air-x, focuspower f16, and the sabbats e12 and x12 (pro?)?

which one would you say is best overall, and which one is a better bang for buck?

so far just heard a lot of good things about the sabbats (dont know the difference between the e12 and x12), mifo with the most amount of charge, mavin with the longest playback time, f16 for the best form factor

thanks!
This was the same list that I had. It came down to the MiFo o5 and F16, so I decided on the F16 since I thought the form-factor was better for me. If you do go for the F16, keep in mind that you might have difficulty pairing it with your phone. I had to factory reset them 2 or 3 times to get both synchronized with my phone. Once I got pass this minor annoyance, it was smooth sailing. I have no connection issues whatsoever.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #5,287 of 62,729
The volume control is better on the W1(HonShoop) than the X12. Gotta check on battery life as well on both. Call quality is decent on the W1, but not the best. I heard them good, but they said it was a small delay on their side. I'm using my wireless sets for music, TV shows and movies only. I rather use my phone without any type of headsets.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #5,288 of 62,729
This was the same list that I had. It came down to the MiFo o5 and F16, so I decided on the F16 since I thought the form-factor was better for me. If you do go for the F16, keep in mind that you might have difficulty pairing it with your phone. I had to factory reset them 2 or 3 times to get both synchronized with my phone. Once I got pass this minor annoyance, it was smooth sailing. I have no connection issues whatsoever.

thanks for the heads up! I ended up going with the mifo MOSTLY because it was more accessible where I was and it would ship to me sooner, and its waterproof (I'll be working outside this summer with it). would you know if the mifo had any connection issues??

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #5,289 of 62,729
thanks for the heads up! I ended up going with the mifo MOSTLY because it was more accessible where I was and it would ship to me sooner, and its waterproof (I'll be working outside this summer with it). would you know if the mifo had any connection issues??
I think you made a good choice. I don't hear of any issues with Mifo, same goes for the massdrop TFZ version. The only negative comment that I've seen about the Mifo's was someone saying that they sounded "compressed". But, I personally believe that comes with the territory unless you buy the more "premium" TWE's.

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #5,290 of 62,729
I think you made a good choice. I don't hear of any issues with Mifo, same goes for the massdrop TFZ version. The only negative comment that I've seen about the Mifo's was someone saying that they sounded "compressed". But, I personally believe that comes with the territory unless you buy the more "premium" TWE's.
How is the tfz?

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #5,291 of 62,729
How is the tfz?
I havent tried them out personally, but based on what other members have said, it sound similar to the Mifo's. I think in the $40-$100 price bracket, the sq tends to lean more towards a more consumer friendly sound. That works out for me since I don't focus on the overall soundscape nearly as much as I do at home.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #5,292 of 62,729
Just received the rebranded Sabbat X12 I ordered on Amazon Spain, and they sound great. They show as Sabbat X12 when connected to the phone, but the manual says they use Bluetooth 4.2 instead of 5.0 like the "original" Sabbat X12. Is there any way to check if that's true?

By the way, anyone also experiencing lag when watching video with their Sabbat X12? They seem to have more delay than the QCY QS1.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #5,293 of 62,729
I just tried with my Sabbat X12 Pro/Note 8 and experienced literally next to nothing lag when streaming on NetFlix. Just to be sure, I have the one with Type-C charging, and not a rebrand. (From what I understand, there is a version also with micro-USB charging)

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #5,294 of 62,729
I have no lag on my X12(micro USB charging). maybe try resetting the them as per manual.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #5,295 of 62,729
Has anyone ever heard of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9PJJX1

A fellow HeadFier loves them, but they’re almost double in price compared to the QCY Q1S. I’m wondering which one might be better.

I need not only music, but good performance for phone calls. I know that’s asking a lot for TWS IEMs, as the microphone is so far away from your mouth. But I already have a TWS setup I’m happy with (TRN BT20), so I need to justify getting yet another Bluetooth IEM.

Or is there another one I should consider that has superior phone calling performance? I’m primarily going to be using it when driving, so there would be typical in-cabin road noise and such.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back