1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365
Next

Last
  1. Bartig
    Ok that's quite a long story and not very cool to post referral links here, but I just happened to order the Mpow T6 on Ali.

actorlife likes this.
  2. Slater
    449584F7-BCBC-468B-B34F-B9BA72C169A7.gif

hifi80sman, RobinFood and actorlife like this.
  3. albau
    Ditto that, provided battery life isn't a priority. My MW07 last at most on 2.5 hours on a charge before starting to annoy with battery warnings. Otherwise they pump the sound worthy of a good $150+ dynamic driver IEM. Also look good, reliable and are quite comfortable in my case. Note they are no-nonsense - no things like app, updateable FW and transparency mode

4. Bartig
    Received one of my test twe's to see if the QCY QS1 has got àny competition at all for their staggering price of 20 dollar.

27B20211-048C-4948-8383-383BB0203B7D.jpeg

Well, it's not this one. Connectivity is good and there's no audio lag on the DFOI AirBuds even on my hard to get right iPhone X, but you won't hear much voice or detail over that insane overpowering bass. With the equalizer toning the bass down all the way, it's okay and mids get some room, but there's still so much of it.

And this one was praised for their sound quality by so many user reviews... more so than the others I'm getting. Oh boy.

SyCoTiM and hifi80sman like this.
  5. BigZ12
    I think Beoplay E8 2.0 can compete with Senn' MTW on every level, except range (BT 4.2 vs 5.0).
    I got a fantastic fit with Spinfit CP100Z Large tips. (thank you Marek, at Audioheaven in Poland :) )
    Comfort, looks, build quality, SQ, battery use and the case is soo sexy (not just because of the wireless charging)
    I get some dropouts walking in my apartment (when iPhone is placed in the living room), and some dropouts with Apple Watch 4 4G when the watch is on the left arm. Tried putting the watch on the right wrist, and then I had no dropouts.
    I paid about $285. (2490 NOK)

Edit: The mic is quite good to, especially in silent places. Everyone I've talked to say the sound is good. Sadly no noise reduction outdoors, but still my friend heard me alright when I was out walking earlier (in traffic)
    The Senn' was awful, but they say they will fix in the famous firmware update that was due in January. Now it's delayed to late March?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Bartig, hifi80sman and howdy like this.
  6. actorlife
    Too bad about the overwhelming bass. What do you think about the call quality on the X12? I still have not tested them for calls.

7. howdy
    Now that the honey period has worn off on the MW07 and the Senns I have been listening to nothing but E8s and have been really enjoying them. I have the V1 but I'm trying to get B&O to get me the new case under warranty as my case has never held a charge like it's supposed to.

8. hifi80sman
    Did you try the original E8? If so, how would you compare the call quality between the two? There was a B&O store "review" in the U.K. indicating the sound and mic were improved, but B&O never advertised this in their marketing materials.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  9. Nocturnal310
    hey guys
    hey guys so i returned the jabras. there was some mild distortion in the bass and i tried turning it down in EQ but still many poppy, edm tracks, the bass was quite muddy. Although I am being unfair as used Westone W30's as reference which handles all kinds of music beautifully and bass is handled with great precision.

Do you think that particular unit of jabra 65t had dynamic driver damaged/defective or do you notice distortion in the bass also?

I am thinking of getting a replacement unit but I am wondering how much better will Sennheiser momentums be? $300 is a lot of money for earphones with battery drain issues and for commuter use..they also pop out a lot as opposed to jabra which sits nicely inside the ear and very sleek.
    I am not enjoying going back to wired headphones for subway commute

10. BigZ12
    I haven't tried V1, sorry. So cannot compare them. Thought my 2.0 bud was the same as 1.0, except from the case. But hopefully they are a little better. They've had some time to improve them.
    Would have given them 9 out 10 with BT 5.0 and the same range as the Senns. 8 of 10 with BT 4.2.

hifi80sman likes this.
  11. KarimLeVallois
    I used to have the E8 and gladly sold them for the MW07. I personally found that they just sounded thin and lifeless in comparison, the MW07 on the other hand have so much body and they still bring a smile to my face on the London commute (that takes a lot! lol).

Jazzi likes this.
  12. nc8000 Contributor
    There is not supposed to be any difference between the buds in 1.0 and 2.0, only the charging case

hifi80sman likes this.
  13. mico1964
    A new update for the Sennheiser Smart Control app on the Apple Store and a new firmware (1.25) for MTW.

pitsel likes this.
  14. howdy
    Mine don't sound anywhere near thin at all, maybe you had one of the defective ones as some people have reported. I to enjoy the sound of the MW07 but like I noted the E8s are no slouch either.

TYATYA, Strodinck and Bartig like this.
  15. KarimLeVallois
    Thin maybe not the right expression. I liked them, but the MW07 have that special something about them and I couldn't sell the E8 fast enough lol

howdy likes this.
First

Back
345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354
356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365
Next

Last