Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #11,476 of 62,728
The Ofusho F16s are $30 on lightning deal on Amazon US for about 5 more hours.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #11,477 of 62,728
The Ofusho F16s are $30 on lightning deal on Amazon US for about 5 more hours.

Wowee what a freaking bargain. Guys do yourself a favor and get these. 9hr battery(60% vol) & aptx. I highly recommend them. Thanks for posting gib.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #11,478 of 62,728
The TREBLAB arrived and I've been testing it for the past hour or so. As far as size, the case is quite compact and roughly half the size of the MTW.

PROS
- Comfortable. Compact. Fit securely.
- Bass is nice and deep with slightly forward mids and rolled off highs. Definitely a fun, warm tuning that works well for workouts. I would not describe it as "muffled". The drivers sound like they're a quality set and the sound is a specific result of tuning.
- Case and earbuds feel well build and fabrication is nice. No rough edges. Buttons click nicely and have a consistent click on each side (one side is not softer than the other).
- No driver flex.
- AAC support.

CONS
- Not for those that enjoy a crispy, bright sound signature.
- No aptX.
- Micro USB.
- Despite what the description indicates, there are no volume controls. The manual does not show any multi-function button presses for volume. A little disappointed here, so I sent the seller an email informing them this issue. Hopefully they update it so nobody else has to discover this surprise.

PENDING
- Still need to test out call quality.

If the call quality is good, I could recommend these at $49 for those that enjoy a warm, bass-forward signature, even with the lack of volume control. I'm actually enjoying them quite a bit, think they look very sleek, and are very portable. Aside from the Tiso i4, there is another pair that looks exactly the same for $20 cheaper, but it has an IPX5 rating vs the TREBLAB's IPX6. As far as the SoC, I'm not sure what each use.

Thanks for that mini-review. Sounds like well worth $30 price I actually paid. If I end up not using them as much, I can give them to someone in the family. Did you do any EQing in terms of the treble? Just curious if they respond to EQ, since the Kaiser Tune app has a very good 20-band option. Maybe can punch up the highs a bit without destroying the SQ.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #11,479 of 62,728
Some more good deals
16.99 very interesting with 5hr battery. Hmmm
Nivava D9 True Wireless Earbuds, Bluetooth 5.0 Headphones, 3D Stereo Sound, IPX5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLPQZ79/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_OnMCDbW6GCQSE

Another UFO with number LED $39
Ultra Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds, 15H Playtime, Volume Adjustment, Touch Control, Built-in Mic, Small in Ear Wireless Earphone Bluetooth Headphone w/Magnetic Charging Case, Sweatproof, LED Indicator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCFQKZX/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_yaNCDb9XRA60V
$79
Edifier TWS5 True Wireless Earbuds - Up to 32 Hour Battery Life with Mic and Charging Case, Bluetooth v5.0 aptX, IPX5 Splash & Sweatproof, Easy Pairing - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXH51LR/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ovMCDbBC0A66M

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #11,480 of 62,728
To follow up on the question "Fostex TM2 or BT20S plus the best $250 IEMs": I recently got my BT20S and a pre-production unit of the upcoming $250 JVC FDX1:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem-available-in-the-us.912737/

These aren't water resistant, of course. But the FDX1 are among the best DD IEMs I know. And the BT20S + FDX1 combo sounds better than the stock TM2 imo. Not head and shoulders superior, but noticeably. Actually, it's the best sounding TWS configuration I have tried so far.

gbJcksB.jpg
The Drop officially announces FDX1. Now that I have spent some time with BT20S and am willing to try more, could you tell me if there is any hiss with this combo?

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #11,481 of 62,728
@hifi80sman - thanks for the review, did you manage to get a good seal ? And if you did how well do they isolate ?

@RobinFood - was wondering other earbud designs the other day and chinmie pointed me to a model but it looks like a rework of the X12. I find them perfect for running as there is zero "thumping" as with isolating IEMs and the sound is quite pleasant with a nice bass response which is unusual for earbud design (think Airpods !). They are also very comfortable for everyday use although for listening in a quiet environment you can indeed tell they lack some refinement. When I really want HQ listening with IEMs I pull out my wired (or on a KZ BT module) TRN-80 but must admit I rarely do it...I find it easier to pull out my ATH-AD1000 cans that I can just drop on my head.

Sounds like something similar to what I have now. I use the x12 for movies or quick listen and they have decent mid bass but not much sub bass and cut off treble. That I can live with but they are also muddy and lack detail compared to my other stuff.

I can't stand over ear headphones anymore, I live in a hit and humid climate and get hot ears after 2 or 3 songs and iems give me pain if I use them for days heavily. Also wife and kids and coworkers are often trying to get my attention.

Recently I have been using the Smabat ST-10 but the comfort and ease of use of the x12 is do great I use them a lot out of laziness.

I considered the bt20 for the Smabat but they are still missing something in the comfort department...

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #11,482 of 62,728
The Drop officially announces FDX1. Now that I have spent some time with BT20S and am willing to try more, could you tell me if there is any hiss with this combo?

With quiet classical pieces and the volume turned all the way up, I can hear some faint static noise. But nothing that would really bother me, and all the less when I'm out and about.

(Tested with my LG V30 via aptX)

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #11,484 of 62,728
Sounds like something similar to what I have now. I use the x12 for movies or quick listen and they have decent mid bass but not much sub bass and cut off treble. That I can live with but they are also muddy and lack detail compared to my other stuff.

I can't stand over ear headphones anymore, I live in a hit and humid climate and get hot ears after 2 or 3 songs and iems give me pain if I use them for days heavily. Also wife and kids and coworkers are often trying to get my attention.

Recently I have been using the Smabat ST-10 but the comfort and ease of use of the x12 is do great I use them a lot out of laziness.

I considered the bt20 for the Smabat but they are still missing something in the comfort department...

Nillkin Go! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #11,485 of 62,728

Wow ... never seen 'join waitlist' ... and that's 3h before deal is over ... maybe they only had 20 sets? :)

Not that they ship to my location anyways :D
Wowee tells you something when they sell out before time. If you can find them at a good price definitely get them. Never saw a wait list before either interesting.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #11,486 of 62,728
I agree! This morning I took these out and immediately put in the Mpow T5s and thought “whoah, these are too tinny and bright! Where is my thic bottom?” Maybe for critical listening I’d reach for Astrotec Momentum or Mpow T5’s, but for running around and playing I am really enjoying the F16’s.

(Of course “critical listening” is a relative term in the TWE space.)
I pulled mine out again and i'm having all sorts of issues with the touch response, the right bud doesn't seem to want to do anything other than play and pause and the left bud will only adjust the volume down if the right bud is connected. It's not like this on any other pair I own. maybe I got some dudes, swapping them out for replacement.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #11,488 of 62,728
Wowee tells you something when they sell out before time. If you can find them at a good price definitely get them. Never saw a wait list before either interesting.

Tells me that either they had only a very limited number set aside for flash deal OR that way too many people blindly buy what we suggest on Head-Fi :D

Guess I have to scroll back and read the reviews again ... after seeing that it looks like the Havit i93 and just skimming some impressions, I took them off my radar ... didn't someone say 'size of battle ships' ? :D

Still having fun with those QCY T3 (really depends on the tips) ... and some more little boxes arrived in country today AND 'left inward office of exchange' ... but I doubt they reached wife's office in time, gotta wait the whole weekend! really curious to get my hands on that Chi-Fi ANC model :D

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #11,490 of 62,728
The TREBLAB arrived and I've been testing it for the past hour or so. As far as size, the case is quite compact and roughly half the size of the MTW.

PROS
- Comfortable. Compact. Fit securely.
- Bass is nice and deep with slightly forward mids and rolled off highs. Definitely a fun, warm tuning that works well for workouts. I would not describe it as "muffled". The drivers sound like they're a quality set and the sound is a specific result of tuning.
- Case and earbuds feel well build and fabrication is nice. No rough edges. Buttons click nicely and have a consistent click on each side (one side is not softer than the other).
- No driver flex.
- AAC support.

CONS
- Not for those that enjoy a crispy, bright sound signature.
- No aptX.
- Micro USB.
- Despite what the description indicates, there are no volume controls. The manual does not show any multi-function button presses for volume. A little disappointed here, so I sent the seller an email informing them this issue. Hopefully they update it so nobody else has to discover this surprise.

PENDING
- Still need to test out call quality.

If the call quality is good, I could recommend these at $49 for those that enjoy a warm, bass-forward signature, even with the lack of volume control. I'm actually enjoying them quite a bit, think they look very sleek, and are very portable. Aside from the Tiso i4, there is another pair that looks exactly the same for $20 cheaper, but it has an IPX5 rating vs the TREBLAB's IPX6. As far as the SoC, I'm not sure what each use.

Great Impressions! Do you have the Tiso i4 to compare? I honestly have similar feelings about my Tiso, well made, quality driver, not muffled, tons of bass etc. They actually sound similar to the OFUSHO F16, with a little more punch and less sub-bass, but I think the sound quality Is Really nice on the Tiso. I get the most definition with my spiral dots. I'd recommend checking them out. If Treblab misrepresented the volume controls, they may have also done so with the ipx rating and you're basically paying an extra $30 for a different case and branding on the buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back