Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #11,446 of 62,573
And so... I have Monster's version of the Anbes 359. Sound quality is pretty much the same as the white box "Air" version. Volume is louder than the Air and it has volume control, the buttons on the Monster is stiffer.
How much did you pay for them? I see them for 99$ CAD on Amazon. Are they still prone to driver flex when the buttons are pressed and is there still those voice messages (primary/secondary, forward/reverse)?

I have never heard of those They haven't even gotten the other ones to market. Strange
The T5 seems to be available on Amazon but via a third-party seller. London Drugs and Gibbys have them listed but don't seem to be in stock.

I have received confirmation from Klipsch that the S1 only has microUSB, so it's a typo on the site :frowning2:. Probably won't be a dealbreaker to many of you, but I find it disappointing considering the T5 uses it. It's just as perplexing as JBL still using microUSB when Samsung Galaxy Buds as Type C.

As for the Jabras, should have called it the 65x or something, but maybe they're holding out on another one like an active version or one with ANC. So you're mainly paying for a new case and improved seal (which I loathe on the original). Nice to see a magnetic case and Type C, but very disappointing that the wireless charging case is coming separately after release ("early 2020"). They could have just made a case for the original 65t with Type C and Qi charging but it's another means of planned obsolescence.

What needs to be addressed is the channel imbalance and high noise floor on the left bud at higher volumes on the 65t.

Sep 5, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #11,447 of 62,573
And so... I have Monster's version of the Anbes 359. Sound quality is pretty much the same as the white box "Air" version. Volume is louder than the Air and it has volume control, the buttons on the Monster is stiffer.

DS77PSl.jpg
These look cool. So in your picture, The black pair on the right are the Monster Airlinks? What is on the left? the Anbes 359? I found some monsters on ebay for $60, just wondering how the sound compares to the 359.

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #11,448 of 62,573
Because the Tiso i4 is so affordable, that was my initial reaction as well. However, I'm hoping they share less with those and share more with the Mavin Air-X. We'll see. No mention of codecs, but I'm OK with AAC because my primary device is an iPhone.

Does the Tiso i4 have AAC support?
So I had a $22 credit on Amazon, bought these for $30. Look interesting. If they sound like the Air-X, $30 is a nice price.

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #11,449 of 62,573
Because the Tiso i4 is so affordable, that was my initial reaction as well. However, I'm hoping they share less with those and share more with the Mavin Air-X. We'll see. No mention of codecs, but I'm OK with AAC because my primary device is an iPhone.

Does the Tiso i4 have AAC support?
According to the Tiso Official Store on Aliexpress they support SBC/AAC. They are also on sale for $19.92. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

Edit: Meant AAC

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #11,450 of 62,573
❤️❤️❤️OFUSHO F16 update. Highs are a bit more crispy after doing 18hrs of music on my Cayin N3 last night. I'm getting ((((9hrs)))) at 60% volume. I'm shocked. These are rated at 6-8hrs. Got on my bike today and experienced a bit of breakups during my ride, but not enough to complain. Doing another 18-24hrs today/tonight. These for sure are a keeper, especially for Movies and Music is fine I think they will open up even more. I did notice highs are better.

I got the Tranya B530 delivered at my family's house last night. I need to pick them up this weekend. :beerchug: I'm also interested in getting some tips perhaps in Oct.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #11,451 of 62,573
❤️❤️❤️OFUSHO F16 update. Highs are a bit more crispy after doing 18hrs of music on my Cayin N3 last night. I'm getting ((((9hrs)))) at 60% volume. I'm shocked. These are rated at 6-8hrs. Got on my bike today and experienced a bit of breakups during my ride, but not enough to complain. Doing another 18-24hrs today/tonight. These for sure are a keeper, especially for Movies and Music is fine I think they will open up even more. I did notice highs are better.

I got the Tranya B530 delivered at my family's house last night. I need to pick them up this weekend. :beerchug: I'm also interested in getting some tips perhaps in Oct.
Well, looks like i'm pulling mine out again for a burn in. :ksc75smile:

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #11,452 of 62,573

I agree! This morning I took these out and immediately put in the Mpow T5s and thought “whoah, these are too tinny and bright! Where is my thic bottom?” Maybe for critical listening I’d reach for Astrotec Momentum or Mpow T5’s, but for running around and playing I am really enjoying the F16’s.

(Of course “critical listening” is a relative term in the TWE space.)

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #11,453 of 62,573
Well, looks like i'm pulling mine out again for a burn in. :ksc75smile:
I'm gonna try the large tips tonight. Like you said they look too small to be medium. Edit wait these came with small installed from factory no wonder. Just put on the medium size way better. I'd like to hear your thoughts with movies. I could not believe how spacious they sound with movies even more than the Anbes. Wow did I just say that?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #11,454 of 62,573
Where do you get the ANC from? Not seeing it ...
Hmm you're right, guess I got fooled by the initial pitch: "Forget the wind and background noise — with BackBeat PRO 5100 true wireless earbuds, you’ll hear only what you want to hear." this coupled with the 4 mics and I assumed it was ANC but apparently not.

Sep 5, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #11,455 of 62,573
I agree! This morning I took these out and immediately put in the Mpow T5s and thought “whoah, these are too tinny and bright! Where is my thic bottom?” Maybe for critical listening I’d reach for Astrotec Momentum or Mpow T5’s, but for running around and playing I am really enjoying the F16’s.

(Of course “critical listening” is a relative term in the TWE space.)
These have good thick bass and no boom if you get a great seal. Are you using other tips on these? I'm thinking for $35 (on sale) these are amazing and my recommendation when asked. That aptx makes a big difference in making those movies sound great in my Sony Z2. Too bad I don't own other Android devices with aptx. Enjoy them Lord. The SQ on these TWS are getting so much better, cheaper and convenient.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #11,457 of 62,573
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #11,458 of 62,573
These have good thick bass and no boom if you get a great seal. Are you using other tips on these? I'm thinking for $35 (on sale) these are amazing and my recommendation when asked. That aptx makes a big difference in making those movies sound great in my Sony Z2. Too bad I don't own other Android devices with aptx. Enjoy them Lord. The SQ on these TWS are getting so much better, cheaper and convenient.

Stock tips work perfectly for me. As I said before, the fins on these are in just the right spot for my ears, so this is the most secure- fitting pair I have.

Sep 5, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #11,460 of 62,573
The colors are lovely, but no military green! I’d pay a $25 premium for an olive green set.
I like the Black (of course) and think the Blue looks pretty good. The Peach and Tan/Light Pink are clearly directed toward a certain market segment, while the Super Bright Red borders Red/Hot Pink. Kind of like Red and Hot Pink had a kid. That's it.

Nevertheless, if the price (US) is at least $50-$70 less than the WF-1000XM3, it's worth considering. I assume it'll still have app control, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back