Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #11,491 of 63,207
Tells me that either they had only a very limited number set aside for flash deal OR that way too many people blindly buy what we suggest on Head-Fi :D

Guess I have to scroll back and read the reviews again ... after seeing that it looks like the Havit i93 and just skimming some impressions, I took them off my radar ... didn't someone say 'size of battle ships' ? :D

Still having fun with those QCY T3 (really depends on the tips) ... and some more little boxes arrived in country today AND 'left inward office of exchange' ... but I doubt they reached wife's office in time, gotta wait the whole weekend! really curious to get my hands on that Chi-Fi ANC model :D
No aptx on the havit and only 4-6 battery. I have small ears and they stick out a bit, although not overly so. Wish they made the Ofusho in blue.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #11,492 of 63,207
Tells me that either they had only a very limited number set aside for flash deal OR that way too many people blindly buy what we suggest on Head-Fi :D

Guess I have to scroll back and read the reviews again ... after seeing that it looks like the Havit i93 and just skimming some impressions, I took them off my radar ... didn't someone say 'size of battle ships' ? :D

Still having fun with those QCY T3 (really depends on the tips) ... and some more little boxes arrived in country today AND 'left inward office of exchange' ... but I doubt they reached wife's office in time, gotta wait the whole weekend! really curious to get my hands on that Chi-Fi ANC model :D
I sure did. they are some biggens, man. They feel very bulky in my ears, which is odd because the t3 is probably around the same size if not bigger, but it fits much better. Imagine the T5, larger without any angle to the port. I have a really hard time keeping them in my ears, with my spinfit 360s, but I'm going to get them replaced take the stabilizers off and try again. because for $35 the do sound really nice, that is if I can get mine to open up, like the other guys on here say they did,

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #11,493 of 63,207
I am having trouble getting my Tranya B530 to connect to one another. This has happened a few times to me. Is there a procedure to follow to repair them? Thanks.

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #11,494 of 63,207
Yes, I was able to get a good seal with the L tips. I’d say the isolation is decent for most situations if you get a good fit. They get fairly loud and have great bass with rolled off highs, so if you need to pump up the volume, it won’t pierce your ears with sharp highs.
Sounds good, thanks. It seems like they make a good addition to my small stable of TWS :wink:

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #11,495 of 63,207
I've been out of the loop for a while. I have really been enjoying the sabbat x12 for movies. I think that style is the most comfortable and easy to use, but the sound quality just isn't there for enjoying music.

Has there been any developments on open air true wireless earphones or is it still the best choice if I don't want to jam foam or silicone up my ear canal?

There is the Mifo 02 iirc. It is also an earpod'ish shape. No one here that I know of has it and I haven't seen any trusted reviews.

Recently I have been using the Smabat ST-10 but the comfort and ease of use of the x12 is do great I use them a lot out of laziness.

I considered the bt20 for the Smabat but they are still missing something in the comfort department...

I really like my ST-10 and BT20S combo. Mine is now more comfortable with modified connectors. If you have some soldering and modifying skills, you could put straight non-memory wire connectors like I did.

20190825_172741.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #11,496 of 63,207
Thanks for that mini-review. Sounds like well worth $30 price I actually paid. If I end up not using them as much, I can give them to someone in the family. Did you do any EQing in terms of the treble? Just curious if they respond to EQ, since the Kaiser Tune app has a very good 20-band option. Maybe can punch up the highs a bit without destroying the SQ.
Yes, I was able to increase the highs via Spotify EQ with no issues. I do, however, enjoy the sound out of the box and bounce around from sound signature to sound signature, depending on mood. However, I will say that I do not enjoy overly bright signature.

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #11,498 of 63,207
Last thoughts on the Ofusho F16
Hint F16 are the best TWS I own. The champ Anbes has been dethroned. Yesterday I noticed that the F16 had the small tips from factory, which I why I wasn't getting a great seal. I put on the medium tips and voila great seal. I played music overnight again. Went on a bike ride with them again. Got one break up when I turned my head. Whoa. Before I left I turned down the bass two notches on my Cayin N3. Music sounds way better and crispy with drum cymbals. Played Presley's It Now or Never and it way crystal clear. With his background singers "The Jordanaires" sounding clear as well. Not sure if it was the burn-in or turning down the bass, but these are fantastic. I mean $35(sale) for aptx, phone charger, crystal clear highs, bumping Bass without fatigue and 9hr battery is amazing. Highly recommended for Music, Movies, audiobooks, etc. Congrats to Ofusho for making a great product without over charging consumers. Bravisimo. ✌️

Hopefully the Tranya B530 can compete. Picking them up tomorrow and will give my thoughts tomorrow or Saturday.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #11,499 of 63,207
I think my AREABI might be same as TREBLAB, specs and description are similar, even if AREABI claim to be a 100% italian brand.
Yeah, there are a lot of variants floating around. I'm not sure if the others support AAC, but the TEBLAB does and it's advertised on the box.

I found another variant for $35.

I also sent a message to TREBLAB regarding the volume controls that are advertised. They said they'll get the marketing department to update the listing and offered me a 15% discount, which is good enough for me.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #11,500 of 63,207
Last thoughts on the Ofusho F16
Hint F16 are the best TWS I own. The champ Anbes has been dethroned. Yesterday I noticed that the F16 had the small tips from factory, which I why I wasn't getting a great seal. I put on the medium tips and voila great seal. I played music overnight again. Went on a bike ride with them again. Got one break up when I turned my head. Whoa. Before I left I turned down the bass two notches on my Cayin N3. Music sounds way better and crispy with drum cymbals. Played Presley's It Now or Never and it way crystal clear. With his background singers "The Jordanaires" sounding clear as well. Not sure if it was the burn-in or turning down the bass, but these are fantastic. I mean $35(sale) for aptx, phone charger, crystal clear highs, bumping Bass without fatigue and 9hr battery is amazing. Highly recommended for Music, Movies, audiobooks, etc. Congrats to Ofusho for making a great product without over charging consumers. Bravisimo. ✌️

Hopefully the Tranya B530 can compete. Picking them up tomorrow and will give my thoughts tomorrow or Saturday.

Are these on Aliexpress too?

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #11,501 of 63,207
Sep 6, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #11,502 of 63,207
After the hiss with the TFZ No.3, I decided to test drive the Moondrop KSSX with the BT20S. On the positive side, the hiss is reduced substantially. They moondrop is definitely a step up from the already very good No. 3. They do require more power to drive and my BT20S is close to max volume. I do not think any TW headset can beat this set up for purely SQ. They do sound much better paired with my ES100 likely due to the increased power. So the question becomes, do you go cables and ES100 or stick with BT20s? For reference, the BT20S plus moondrop is a roughly $230 investment which is in line with other TW headsets. You have the advantage of being able to run them wired and the disadvantage of no sweatproofing.

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #11,503 of 63,207
Nillkin Go! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Btw, I was wondering if you listened to your go without any eartips given that they seem to have a guard to stop them from inserting too deep.

Maybe the most important question is if it has annoying blinking LEDs when listening to music or connected but in standby mode. The X12 never blinks after connecting and that is perfect. The Nuarl doesn't blink when playing music but blinks when not playing music but connected to my phone. That is annoying but not a deal breaker. If it blinked playing music though I would have never kept them.

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #11,505 of 63,207
The TREBLAB arrived and I've been testing it for the past hour or so. As far as size, the case is quite compact and roughly half the size of the MTW.

PROS
- Comfortable. Compact. Fit securely.
- Bass is nice and deep with slightly forward mids and rolled off highs. Definitely a fun, warm tuning that works well for workouts. I would not describe it as "muffled". The drivers sound like they're a quality set and the sound is a specific result of tuning.
- Case and earbuds feel well build and fabrication is nice. No rough edges. Buttons click nicely and have a consistent click on each side (one side is not softer than the other).
- No driver flex.
- AAC support.

CONS
- Not for those that enjoy a crispy, bright sound signature.
- No aptX.
- Micro USB.
- Despite what the description indicates, there are no volume controls. The manual does not show any multi-function button presses for volume. A little disappointed here, so I sent the seller an email informing them this issue. Hopefully they update it so nobody else has to discover this surprise.

PENDING
- Still need to test out call quality.

If the call quality is good, I could recommend these at $49 for those that enjoy a warm, bass-forward signature, even with the lack of volume control. I'm actually enjoying them quite a bit, think they look very sleek, and are very portable. Aside from the Tiso i4, there is another pair that looks exactly the same for $20 cheaper, but it has an IPX5 rating vs the TREBLAB's IPX6. As far as the SoC, I'm not sure what each use.

- Confirmed call quality with several people and they said I sounded "good".
- Sync on iPhone is good (YouTube, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back