Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 6, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #11,506 of 63,207
Btw, I was wondering if you listened to your go without any eartips given that they seem to have a guard to stop them from inserting too deep.

Maybe the most important question is if it has annoying blinking LEDs when listening to music or connected but in standby mode. The X12 never blinks after connecting and that is perfect. The Nuarl doesn't blink when playing music but blinks when not playing music but connected to my phone. That is annoying but not a deal breaker. If it blinked playing music though I would have never kept them.
The Go only blinks when in pairing mode. It does not blink when playing music or when in standby. Without tips, there would likely be very little bass present. Well-fitting tips are essential with any in-ear monitor that is designed for use with tips.

Sep 6, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #11,507 of 63,207
I am having trouble getting my Tranya B530 to connect to one another. This has happened a few times to me. Is there a procedure to follow to repair them? Thanks.
I haven't had that problem with mine. Only thing I can suggest is the reset in the manual. 20190906_204229.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #11,508 of 63,207
Hmm, Jabees Firefly 2 coming soon:
70185158_1095416337332364_3795301529611665408_o.jpg

Looks like the same case as the Firefly Pro (no telling if there will be wireless charging though). Not a big fan stem designs (negative-fit is my top preference), charcoal one looks nice.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #11,509 of 63,207
Moondrop KSSX with the BT20S. They do require more power to drive and my BT20S is close to max volume. I do not think any TW headset can beat this set up for purely SQ. They do sound much better paired with my ES100 likely due to the increased power. So the question becomes, do you go cables and ES100 or stick with BT20s? For reference, the BT20S plus moondrop is a roughly $230 investment which is in line with other TW headsets. You have the advantage of being able to run them wired and the disadvantage of no sweatproofing.

agreed. for someone who happens to have multiple detachable IEMs already, the BT20S is the way to go (as long as the combo don't produce too much hiss). even if there is an increase SQ on the ES100 amp compared to the BT20S, it will only noticeable on a direct side by side comparison. that difference would easily forgotten because of the increased mobility and convenience.

for information, from my collection only the DM6 that produce quite a bit of noise, the B5+ has really low noise, and the others (earbuds included) have no noticable noise.

Btw, I was wondering if you listened to your go without any eartips given that they seem to have a guard to stop them from inserting too deep.

Maybe the most important question is if it has annoying blinking LEDs when listening to music or connected but in standby mode. The X12 never blinks after connecting and that is perfect. The Nuarl doesn't blink when playing music but blinks when not playing music but connected to my phone. That is annoying but not a deal breaker. If it blinked playing music though I would have never kept them.

@HiFlight has already nicely answered the question :ksc75smile:

I'm using whirlwind tips, and because it's almost flush with the nozzle's edge, the insertion is quite shallow. just think of it like the X12 deep, but the pointy part is more snug because of the silicone. so isolation is just slightly above the X12, but still lets in conversation in.

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #11,510 of 63,207
agreed. for someone who happens to have multiple detachable IEMs already, the BT20S is the way to go (as long as the combo don't produce too much hiss). even if there is an increase SQ on the ES100 amp compared to the BT20S, it will only noticeable on a direct side by side comparison. that difference would easily forgotten because of the increased mobility and convenience.

for information, from my collection only the DM6 that produce quite a bit of noise, the B5+ has really low noise, and the others (earbuds included) have no noticable noise.

@HiFlight has already nicely answered the question :ksc75smile:

I'm using whirlwind tips, and because it's almost flush with the nozzle's edge, the insertion is quite shallow. just think of it like the X12 deep, but the pointy part is more snug because of the silicone. so isolation is just slightly above the X12, but still lets in conversation in.

Sold. Just purchased it.
It doesn't help that it's so cheap at 26.50 USD.
Do you have a link for the whirlwind tips? Is it just the awful tips that came with the kz zs6 I bought years ago?

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #11,511 of 63,207
Sold. Just purchased it.
It doesn't help that it's so cheap at 26.50 USD.
Do you have a link for the whirlwind tips? Is it just the awful tips that came with the kz zs6 I bought years ago?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32808506339.html

the trick for me is to remove the ribs. it became my favored wide bore tips after that. when i ordered from that shop i can request to have all of the with the same size and choose the color combinations

Sep 7, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #11,512 of 63,207
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32808506339.html

the trick for me is to remove the ribs. it became my favored wide bore tips after that. when i ordered from that shop i can request to have all of the with the same size and choose the color combinations

Hah, they are a third of the price of the earphones, but I guess if you get a 3 pack instead of 18 pack it will be cheaper.

What size do you recommend?
I use small foams with my er4xr but otherwise go small or medium.

How do you take out the ribs? Do you just skip them on both sides?

Sep 7, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #11,513 of 63,207
Hah, they are a third of the price of the earphones, but I guess if you get a 3 pack instead of 18 pack it will be cheaper.

What size do you recommend?
I use small foams with my er4xr but otherwise go small or medium.

How do you take out the ribs? Do you just skip them on both sides?

it depends on your usual eartips size. what do you use on regular iems?

i use a small and pointy scissors to snip them, turn it inside out, then carefully remove the remaining ribs. you may not even need to remove them, it's just my personal preference

Sep 7, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #11,514 of 63,207
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #11,515 of 63,207
Sep 7, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #11,518 of 63,207
Oh, have a gander at these beauties coming up for a Lightning Deal tomorrow morning at 4 am:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TWPS..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=KM2XSZ3A391D2S0NWZF7

PANFREY, apt-x, “8-12 hour battery life”, volume control. Alas, merely IPX5, though that hasn’t been a problem for my Jabra 65t’s in the two years I’ve owned them. Speaking of which, these look to have a similar form factor, which I really dig.

As long as the deal beats the current coupon and drops the price below $41 I may give them a shot.

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #11,519 of 63,207
Whats the best sounding iems with a wireless facility I can buy at the moment?

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #11,520 of 63,207
Whats the best sounding iems with a wireless facility I can buy at the moment?
Pretty loaded question. Do you mean true wireless? There are lots of high end iems that offer bt cable options. Audeze offers wireless for its isine series. Beyerdynamic offers it for its xelento. RHA offers it for the CL2. If you can be more specific, folks can try to answer. This thread is for true wireless meaning no behind the neck cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back