Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #6,526 of 62,168
I wanna try the
Acoustune AET07 Eartip
Anyone here have them? Seems to be my kind of sig with sparkly treble, tight bass and big soundstage.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #6,527 of 62,168
No info on AAC or AptX? I feel many manufacturers don't think it's important for the consumer to know what codec their products support.... I find this really annoying, cause buying a BT headset with just SBC is out of the question.
Here are the Model X's specs from Indiegogo

Sound
Driver Diaphragm: Graphene
Driver Unit: 10mm Custom-Tuned Dynamic Transducer
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 32 Ohms
Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1kHz
Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
High-Fidelity Sound
Passive Noise Isolation up to 20dB

Connections
Bluetooth Version: 5.0
Bluetooth Protocol: HFP 1.7 / HSP 1.2 / A2DP 1.3 / AVRCP 1.6 / SPP1.2 / PBAP 1.0
Supported Codec: AAC-LC / AAC / SBC
True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth

User-Interface
Capacitive Touch Gesture Control
Supports Volume Control, Music Playback, Answer / End Call, Control Voice Assistant (Siri / Google Assistant)
IPX5 Sweatproof

Microphones
cVc Noise Cancellation for Clear Call
Dual Omni-Directional Microphones

Battery and Power
Model X with Charging Case: Up to 25 Hours Listening Time
Model X (single charge): Up to 5 Hours Listening Time @ 70% Volume

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,528 of 62,168
I guess I’m not getting a good seal then, because I don’t get thump when jogging. Or maybe it’s the physical way I’m running (like my stride or not coming down on my feet hard). In any case, I’m glad I don’t get a thump with every step - that would be very annoying.

I do get wind noise when cycling (on a closed trail), which is annoying enough.
It's because you run with the stride of a Gazelle. :p

The SoundSport Free and perfect for running, as I can easily stay aware real-time vs. exterior ambient mics, and they flat out stay in place, even during elite ninja moves. For active, physical exercising, Bose are my top choice. Even those I have that fit well, I still have to readjust every now and then to maintain optimum seal.

Apr 30, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #6,529 of 62,168
It's because you run with the stride of a Gazelle. :p

The SoundSport Free and perfect for running, as I can easily stay aware real-time vs. exterior ambient mics, and they flat out stay in place, even during elite ninja moves. For active, physical exercising, Bose are my top choice. Even those I have that fit well, I still have to readjust every now and then to maintain optimum seal.

Agreed. The Bose never need readjustment. I have experienced a few very brief dropouts while running.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #6,530 of 62,168
I received the Model X last night also. Well worth the backed price. Sound is close to MTW’s. Touch controls work well and might even be better then the Senn’s in that regard. I still think the Tiso and Qcy’s are a nice bargain since they perform really well but the Model X are close to the high end level for much cheaper. I found the bass to be a little boomy and the highs slightly peaky last night but today they have settled in nicely to give an excellent sound.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #6,531 of 62,168
Any Samsung Note 9 Exynos users here who use AAC with their TWS? Trying to figure out whether Astrotec S60 simply doesn't work well with it using AAC, or if other BT4.2 TWS AAC earbuds cut out the same way. The Jabra 65t is quite reliable but occasionally cuts out in a similar manner when going underground or walking around - the hear around function cuts out a lot though.

Looking for something with USB type C charging, wireless charging would be nice as well. I tried Galaxy Buds briefly and though they sounded good but were tuned lean and bright. Looking for something more mid- and bassy.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #6,532 of 62,168
Any Samsung Note 9 Exynos users here who use AAC with their TWS? Trying to figure out whether Astrotec S60 simply doesn't work well with it using AAC, or if other BT4.2 TWS AAC earbuds cut out the same way. The Jabra 65t is quite reliable but occasionally cuts out in a similar manner when going underground or walking around - the hear around function cuts out a lot though.

Looking for something with USB type C charging, wireless charging would be nice as well. I tried Galaxy Buds briefly and though they sounded good but were tuned lean and bright. Looking for something more mid- and bassy.
Sounds like you're looking for the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless.

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #6,534 of 62,168
Apr 30, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #6,536 of 62,168
Creative Outlier Air?

Usb-c charging, 10 hours battery life, aac/aptx, ipx5 - not too sure how they sound only going by reviews. @DigDub has a pair, said they're mid centric
Based on the measurements, they may meet your expectations. I too have never heard them, but SoundGuys likes them. Take that with a grain of salt, however, since they seem to like a lot of stuff (they probably get for free).

If you can do without AAC, I actually rather enjoyed the JBuds Air True Wireless for $49 USD. I would definitely recommend those as a non-Chi-Fi sub-$50 pair. They also have Class 1 BT 5.0, so distance is no problem.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #6,537 of 62,168
Any good tip recommendations? I've seen the Comply's mentioned in this thread but would love to see some other favourites here.

Just got my QCY T1's and do have to say I'm really impressed by the sound of these bad boys. From a straight SQ perspective, I enjoy them over my Jabra 65t's; just wish they were louder. Jabra's are a much brighter/energetic sound (which I prefer when I'm at the gym) but the QCYs sound stage and bass are amazing. Waiting for my Anbes' in the mail to compare further!

Thanks for all the great insight from everyone sharing in the thread!

I too just got my QCY T1C yesterday. For the price they sound very surprisingly good. I haven't compared them directly (and probably won't) to my other wired or wireless headphones and earphones, but I can sense that these are less detailed, a bit loose in the bass and lack a bit of sparkle. However, the freedom provided by true wireless earbuds cannot be matched.

The medium tips that come with them is a slightly loose but kind of work for me. The Sony medium tips seem to seal better but I'll have to wear for a longer period to confirm.

Battery life seems good so far, but I listen at low volume.

Do any T1C owners use its microphone? I found that Siri cannot pick up my voice adequately to understand my command, even in a quiet environment. I either have to take the right bud off and speak directly to the mic, or leave it on but cup my right hand over the bud as a sound reflector for the mic to pick up my command. Granted I didn't speak loudly but still. The quality of sound recording made through this mic is pretty bad. Do you have the same experience?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #6,538 of 62,168
@DigDub Any further impression on your part with the Creative Outlier Air? Trying to decide if I should stick, or twist for the Model X
Like it so far. Very long battery life, I'd reckon it will last for at least 8 hours on a single charge. Comfort is excellent, no hotspot pain on my ear anywhere. The profile is low and does not stick out much when in ear, I'd say the shape and fit is similar to the MTW. Connection is ok, about same as my Galaxy buds. The buttons are a tad hard to press, as the clicky part is underneath a solid piece of plastic instead of an actual moving button. The lights do not light up when there is music playing. They do light up when nothing is playing and the lights are pretty when they do light up in blue/red.

The sound is mid centric with a warm mid bass. Wide left-right soundstage. Front-back soundstage not so much. Highs are present and defined, but does not dominate due to the prominent mids. No sibilance as far as I can tell. On my pixel 3 phone, it defaults to aptx.

Apr 30, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #6,539 of 62,168

Users who are viewing this thread

Back