Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 1, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #6,541 of 62,458
I used the model x for several hours today including a long bike ride. Really enjoying them. If you told me they cost 200, I wouldn’t be surprised. The sound quality is way up there. The base can boom a bit but it doesn’t get muddy. In some ways, I prefer them to the mtw. They have more energy and are more dynamic. Less clarity for sure and less “audiophile”. They remind me of the Bose but without the leakage. Fun is the right description. I did notice some fussiness connecting to my phone that I need to investigate. That shouldn’t happen in 2019. Minor complaint at this point.

May 1, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #6,542 of 62,458
Like it so far. Very long battery life, I'd reckon it will last for at least 8 hours on a single charge. Comfort is excellent, no hotspot pain on my ear anywhere. The profile is low and does not stick out much when in ear, I'd say the shape and fit is similar to the MTW. Connection is ok, about same as my Galaxy buds. The buttons are a tad hard to press, as the clicky part is underneath a solid piece of plastic instead of an actual moving button. The lights do not light up when there is music playing. They do light up when nothing is playing and the lights are pretty when they do light up in blue/red.

The sound is mid centric with a warm mid bass. Wide left-right soundstage. Front-back soundstage not so much. Highs are present and defined, but does not dominate due to the prominent mids. No sibilance as far as I can tell. On my pixel 3 phone, it defaults to aptx.

thanks for the updated impressions

May 1, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #6,547 of 62,458
Here are the Model X's specs from Indiegogo

Sound
Driver Diaphragm: Graphene
Driver Unit: 10mm Custom-Tuned Dynamic Transducer
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 32 Ohms
Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1kHz
Proprietary Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
High-Fidelity Sound
Passive Noise Isolation up to 20dB

Connections
Bluetooth Version: 5.0
Bluetooth Protocol: HFP 1.7 / HSP 1.2 / A2DP 1.3 / AVRCP 1.6 / SPP1.2 / PBAP 1.0
Supported Codec: AAC-LC / AAC / SBC
True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth

User-Interface
Capacitive Touch Gesture Control
Supports Volume Control, Music Playback, Answer / End Call, Control Voice Assistant (Siri / Google Assistant)
IPX5 Sweatproof

Microphones
cVc Noise Cancellation for Clear Call
Dual Omni-Directional Microphones

Battery and Power
Model X with Charging Case: Up to 25 Hours Listening Time
Model X (single charge): Up to 5 Hours Listening Time @ 70% Volume

these sound interesting, can you post picks of them? what do these cost US dollars? are they available in the USA?

keep those aptx models coming in definitely in the market for a set!!!

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #6,550 of 62,458
APTx is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Here in Japan, Nuarl's main competition is Aviot for Japanese based TWEs. They have been pumping out quite a few sets in rapid succession lately and have something very interesting here...

https://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000236358/

It is pretty cheap for having APTx, with a QCC3020 chip in them, a small case (other cases were all HUGE), and a waterproof rating of IPX7!!!
They also claim to have graphene coated drivers, a 10 hour battery on SBS/AAC (7-8 on APTx), and fast charge (10 minutes charge for 3 extra hours). No idea if quick charge on a 10 hour battery is practical...but it's in there.

There other products are said to have a close sound quality to the Nuarls, but more V shaped. Some people said the highs on other models were sometimes too piercing and sibilant. They also apparently have the hiss in their other models...but I don't know if this one is different.

May 1, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #6,551 of 62,458
Is it true the standard is better than the professional? And do you think its a worthy upgrade over the lower priced TWS? Like QS1 and Anbes 359?
I have the Mifo o5 standard, which I read has better extension in the highs and lows as compared to he professional. It has a warm sound signature. What I do not like about it is that the buttons are tiny and hard to locate when they are in my ears, so there's a lot of fumbling around when trying to skip tracks, change volume, answer call etc. And the light keeps blinking when in use.

May 1, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #6,552 of 62,458
I went for a run with the Anbes 359 this morning. I did 4 miles and was quite pleased with the fit - I sweat like crazy and they stayed in - and the connection didn't drop out at all. I normally run with Bose Soundsport Wireless or the Bose Soundsport Free and both of these exhibit a few "micro-dropouts" during a run.

I am usually using the Bose Soundsport Free as well as my main running buds, but I am always looking for cheap alternatives (I do have a version of the X12, but how anyone can keep them in their ears while running eludes me :wink: love the earbud style and the sound stage that comes with it!)

I had not even heard about the Anbes 359 until like 1h ago (When looking for info on the Whizzer TWS) and now they are already in my shopping cart :wink: Thanks for the runner specific encouragement!

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #6,553 of 62,458
I just ordered the Whizzer TP1 TWS (sort of EarPod/iem style) ones. I’ve got a pair of Whizzer Kylin (wired) that I love, so I’m blind buying this one.

Already looking fwd to your impressions ... in .. like 2 weeks maybe? Tempted to also blindbuy them, instead I might hit 'buy' on the Andes 359 tonight ... and keep the Whizzers for later ...

Someone mentioned TWEA? :wink:

May 1, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #6,554 of 62,458
I am usually using the Bose Soundsport Free as well as my main running buds, but I am always looking for cheap alternatives (I do have a version of the X12, but how anyone can keep them in their ears while running eludes me :wink: love the earbud style and the sound stage that comes with it!)

I had not even heard about the Anbes 359 until like 1h ago (When looking for info on the Whizzer TWS) and now they are already in my shopping cart :wink: Thanks for the runner specific encouragement!

You are welcome. I went for a 3.1 mile run this morning and they performed well again. It was hot and humid and the wind was gusting but I had no fit issues, no dropouts, no wind noise and the sound was more than adequate.

BTW, I never even tried them with the stock eartips. I installed the Auvio eartips right out of the box so that may be a contributing factor to how much I like them. I just placed an order for a 2nd pair for my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back