Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 30, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #6,497 of 62,111
The creative outlier air arrived today. Comfortable in my ears. Luckily the one-size-fits-all ear gels fit my ears well. Initial impressions are they are mid-centric. No pairing issues so far.

20sd0ts.jpg
Ooo nice presentation box could be better looks cheap. Do let us know how you get in with them. Also curious where you ordered from as I was under the impression they’re not out till May 8th?

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #6,498 of 62,111
Ooo nice presentation box could be better looks cheap. Do let us know how you get in with them. Also curious where you ordered from as I was under the impression they’re not out till May 8th?
I'm liking them so far. I ordered from the Singapore website. I stay in Singapore, creative has been selling them here since April in limited quantities.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #6,500 of 62,111
I am so upset today, my anbes 359 case is not charging for some reason. the lights on the case no longer light up when I plug them in. I contacted seller already. anyone else run into this problem?

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #6,502 of 62,111
Initial impressions of Advanced Model X.

Fit - fit is great. They are VERY low profile once in your ears. They disappear with nothing sticking out. Profile is similar to MW07 once in the ear but even smaller.
SQ - Terrific. I wasn't sure what to expect. Advanced has a good pedigree but at the $79.99 price point I was concerned that SQ wasn't a priority. I was wrong. These things hit hard and have a nice treble sparkle. Definitely a v-shaped fun signature - these are ideal gym buds. What sticks out the most is that there is noticeable sub bass impact without any muddiness that I have heard in other TW headphones. Advanced did a nice job and I'm sold that the graphene drivers make a difference. They remind me of Sony SP700n but with less bass muddiness and a little warmer sound signature. That's a complement because I enjoy the Sony. These punch above their price point. Better than Jabra, as good as Bose and Sony (maybe better than both), not quite there with Nuarl, Senn or MTW but at 1/3 to 1/4 of the price I have zero complaints.
The Rest. Charging case is fine. It feels cheap but at least it's very small. Connected quickly to my iphone. Stability shouldn't be an issue since these use BT5.0

Overall, I highly recommend these for $79.99. They are a steal. I have not heard any other cheap versions so I can't offer a direct comparison but I would be surprised if these did not outperform the chi-fi models at least for pure SQ. I did some reading on Indiegogo and people were complaining of harsh treble and hiss. I have not noticed either on mine.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #6,503 of 62,111

Fit - fit is great. They are VERY low profile once in your ears. They disappear with nothing sticking out. Profile is similar to MW07 once in the ear but even smaller.
SQ - Terrific. I wasn't sure what to expect. Advanced has a good pedigree but at the $79.99 price point I was concerned that SQ wasn't a priority. I was wrong. These things hit hard and have a nice treble sparkle. Definitely a v-shaped fun signature - these are ideal gym buds. What sticks out the most is that there is noticeable sub bass impact without any muddiness that I have heard in other TW headphones. Advanced did a nice job and I'm sold that the graphene drivers make a difference. They remind me of Sony SP700n but with less bass muddiness and a little warmer sound signature. That's a complement because I enjoy the Sony. These punch above their price point. Better than Jabra, as good as Bose and Sony (maybe better than both), not quite there with Nuarl, Senn or MTW but at 1/3 to 1/4 of the price I have zero complaints.
The Rest. Charging case is fine. It feels cheap but at least it's very small. Connected quickly to my iphone. Stability shouldn't be an issue since these use BT5.0

Overall, I highly recommend these for $79.99. They are a steal. I have not heard any other cheap versions so I can't offer a direct comparison but I would be surprised if these did not outperform the chi-fi models at least for pure SQ. I did some reading on Indiegogo and people were complaining of harsh treble and hiss. I have not noticed either on mine.

Thanks for the review. I wasn't aware they were an indiegogo production, so that might put me off somewhat. It' spossible the pair you received are of a different batch, whereas the indiegogo ones were first batch, and thus prone to fault?

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #6,504 of 62,111
Thanks for the review. I wasn't aware they were an indiegogo production, so that might put me off somewhat. It' spossible the pair you received are of a different batch, whereas the indiegogo ones were first batch, and thus prone to fault?
Advanced is a well known existing company. This isn’t an indiegogo start up. They often use indie to fund projects. I expect that you will get excellent customer service from them. They aren’t going anywhere. I was one of the first backers so I’m sure I got the first batch.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #6,505 of 62,111
Advanced is a well known existing company. This isn’t an indiegogo start up. They often use indie to fund projects. I expect that you will get excellent customer service from them. They aren’t going anywhere. I was one of the first backers so I’m sure I got the first batch.

Thanks for the additional information, I would consider them if I didn't order the Creative's, still I may look at it again if the Creative's don't fit the bill. Thanks

OH I wonder can you tell me if the foam tips included are comply or proprietary as they seem similar in size and shape to the creative outlier air, and I wonder if I could get similar foam tips for the creative

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #6,506 of 62,111
And you're certain that you put them in the right position? They fit in both places/sides, but charge only in one...

yes, it looks like the case is not charging no longer lights up when I plug them in, and now I see only one ear bud is turning on, and even though its on it doesn't want to connect anymore. I'm sad...

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #6,507 of 62,111

No info on AAC or AptX? I feel many manufacturers don't think it's important for the consumer to know what codec their products support.... I find this really annoying, cause buying a BT headset with just SBC is out of the question.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #6,510 of 62,111
No info on AAC or AptX? I feel many manufacturers don't think it's important for the consumer to know what codec their products support.... I find this really annoying, cause buying a BT headset with just SBC is out of the question.
I feel like I investigated this when I bought and at least have Aptx and AAC. Will see what I can find. Edit. You beat me to it. I'm using an iphone so should be AAC. As far as aptx v aac, jury's out on that one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back