Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 13, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #4,636 of 5,506
We're not going into the whole $200 Monster HDMI cable vs a $1 - $5 HDMI cables discussion again...

Are we?
deadhorse.gif

Let's just leave that with a few statements to settle this one.

A $60 Rocketfish or Belkin Highest grade HDMI cable (latest Standard) would perform the same as a $200 - $250 Monster HDMI cable. 
Monster jacks up everything they sell... EVERYTHING.. and to double to triple the worth value.  We all know this.

A $1 - $7 Cheap-***** cables from some no-name brand makers simply won't have the same quality. And I'm not discussing signal transfer or image+sound quality, rather durability and longevity. And I'm also not discussing a $60 Value cable that is marked down to $10... but rather a $10 value cable.   After all, if you find a $60 RocketFish cable for $10, it wouldn't perform as a $10 cable now would it.  (That's not the argument here).

Other than that...  Let's just say that there are 3 schools of thought about this one:

1. Those who follow Strict science about the Technology
2. Those who believe that more expensive and brand name cables will automatically perform better (and convince themselves of it)
3. Those who actually let their eyes and ears make the judgement call and decide whether it's worth spending $50 - $60 on a cable as opposed to a $10 one.

And with that...

Back to the beats vs the World....   

Ah... where is Scott Pilgrim when we need him?

That said, someone else mentioned before that Sennheizies are commercial...  
I think that they partially are, and partially are not.  Their lower end models are more commercial.. You see those models quite frequently at best buy and other places.. The likes of HD202-II, 205-II, 418 at $70 - $100 pricetags... (overpriced and don't deliver the premise)
The HD201 (which are fair in pricing, but don't sound all that great)... and that range...

But then... You get those 598's 558's, 518's, 650's, 555's, 595's,HD25's, 280's, AND.....  the 800's...

Two different levels of headphones..

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #4,639 of 5,506

Quote:
Then you belong to school of thought #1.  It's that simple.

Bit blunt, but yes lol

I have noticed a difference in my optical cables, (interconnects coming in and i'll make my judgement on that soon), and seen a difference with HDMI cables - that said none of the ones listed were any more than £20

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #4,640 of 5,506
well... look at my arm haha!

i have an anarchy symbol and thats my right arm which is the last line of Sic Semper Tyrannis, "thus always to tyrants"

but i stand firm to data cables, if its copper and 5 bucks or ******* palladium and insulated with moon rocks for 5000 bucks its the same picture, id focus more on the TV and the video quality.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #4,642 of 5,506

Quote:
Bit blunt, but yes lol

I have noticed a difference in my optical cables, (interconnects coming in and i'll make my judgement on that soon), and seen a difference with HDMI cables - that said none of the ones listed were any more than £20

Well, previously being the antagonist of derailing this thread from Beats bashing to HDMI discussion, the less we argue about that point, the better it serves everyone.  I wasn't trying to be rude, really I wasn't, just wanted to make that point firm.. We're not discussing whether Earth Has gravity or that it is round as opposed to being a square shaped.  Those are empirical foundations that were seen, observed and proved.  The HDMI technology is not at that point where scientific claims can encompass every single aspect of the digital world.  And the biggest support to this claim is the constant iterations of those Cables (i.e. versions over the years.) If all of a sudden a new HDMI comes out that adheres to higher display standard... that means that it's a higher quality cable then the previous one. ..  period. 

By the way, since you've mentioned The U.K. currency, what is the current exchange rate?   What is it? Every 1 British Pound is about a $1.6 U.S/CDN or so?

You should experiment... get one of those Brand names that claim the highest dynamic transference and compare it to those you mentioned.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #4,644 of 5,506
DaiM dude..
I was fairly close wasnt I?

So let me ask this.
I would like to see different price brackets for basshead  portable headphones.
and I'm talking retail prices. 

Lets say $50 - $80
$80 - $140 
$150 - $220. And do forth ...

Doesnt have to the exact match pricing, but you get the idea

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #4,645 of 5,506

Quote:
DaiM dude..
I was fairly close wasnt I?

So let me ask this.
I would like to see different price brackets for basshead  portable headphones.
and I'm talking retail prices. 

Lets say $50 - $80
$80 - $140 
$150 - $220. And do forth ...

Doesnt have to the exact match pricing, but you get the idea

sorry I'm lost - what do you want me to look at or see?

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #4,648 of 5,506

Quote:

What I meant was:

I want to know what headphone companies
can offer in terms of basshead headphones,
At different price ranges. And they have to be portable.

This wasn't just to you, but everyone else. 

Oh right! Lol sorry :p

I'm no headphone guru, although after some research:
XB500, XB700, Ultrasone PRO 900, Beyers, D2K, XB1K, VModa

Are just the few headphones I know/heard/read about.

Earphone wise: (these I have all experience with, and recommend)
TFTA 1v/1xb, mtpg, denon c710, ex500, monster turbine

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #4,650 of 5,506
My manager ragged on me for not wearing Beats. He let me listen to them, and they sounded awesome! Of course all I had to compare them to were my $10.00 sony clip ons. I bought Studio Beats, and then did the research. I'm already regretting it, and am considering the Audio-Technica H50's as a low cost alternative. PM me with other suggestions in the $150.00 price range if you don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back