Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #4,666 of 5,506
A friend offered to sell me a genuine pair of Beats Solos for $50, but it only comes with one pad; pads cost a little less than $20. 

Are they even worth this price, or should I just take them and sell them on ebay?

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #4,668 of 5,506
So some of you asked about how the mixr sounds.. I listened to them at my local best buy (its like 2 blocks from my dorm and is the only nearby places that has CDs) and they didn't sound too bad though I think they sounded a lot like the Solos. The build is very good though the spinning portion is a little wriggling it doesn't feel as though it would break easily. 
I will mention I listened to them for like 1 minute only.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #4,672 of 5,506

Quote:
Sounded like the solos?
Straight in the bin they go!

Hahahahahaha!!!

I was gonna say...  first I read the line that they didn't sound too bad... and I was like 'hmm... okay'...

and then... 'Solos'.....  (Expectations flushed down the toilet..)

So what do we have basically... glorified Solo+Pro at Solo's retail pricetag= Mixrs.

Hmmm...

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #4,673 of 5,506

Quote:
Hahahahahaha!!!

I was gonna say...  first I read the line that they didn't sound too bad... and I was like 'hmm... okay'...

and then... 'Solos'.....  (Expectations flushed down the toilet..)

So what do we have basically... glorified Solo+Pro at Solo's retail pricetag= Mixrs.

Hmmm...

I see what Monster did there - they "mixed" the two together.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,674 of 5,506
I'm not going to apologize for derailing. This thread is a re-hashing of opinions. One I like very very much, but still a re-hashing nonetheless

If all of a sudden a new HDMI comes out that adheres to higher display standard... that means that it's a higher quality cable then the previous one. ..  period. 

Again, that's a different technology. HDMI 1.2 isn't the same as 1.3. Our scientifical claim is that any same-standard HDMI cable (like 1.3) will be the same. The only change between different standards is the kind of signal they carry (the lastest version, 1.4, carries ethernet for example). Some people are taking a very normal occurrence (adding the ability to carry a new kind of signal) and extrapolating that into something completely different (there can actually be a difference between 2 same-standard digital data transfers).

On another post you said you're doing the same as when another member expressed his opinion. This sentence alone explains why I don't think you fully understand this: it's not an opinion. E=mc^2 is either true or false. There are no grey areas in science, it's either true or false. I can't find the words to really explain what I mean, but taking something as objective as a digital transfer and saying it's like a subjective sound opinion (i.e. "I think it has a warm signature" or something) just doesn't apply. In this case it's actually dangereous, because newcomers will read it and spend their money on unnecessary cables instead of things where there is actually a difference. We're taking people's placebo-induced visions and putting them on the same level as hard science from the people who created the HDMI transfer!

Tribestros good use of Condescending Wonka. Remind me again which field of engineering you went to?
For someone who complaints about this thread's existence, you sure post a lot on it
wink.gif

EDIT: I'm open to the idea of moving this debate into a new thread. It's very obvious this is a reoccurring topic, and we want to discuss it, so instead of risking having this closed we create a place to talk about it. I'm not sure if there's already a HDMI thread, if not I can create one. It could be something like "HDMI debate", basically something neutral.

Feb 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #4,675 of 5,506
I agree with LizardKing -- we should probably continue this discussion of HDMI or cables elsewhere, preferably the sound science forum, where scientific topics are not taboo.

Tribestros good use of Condescending Wonka. Remind me again which field of engineering you went to?

I too am curious.

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #4,676 of 5,506
I hope you all noticed that was an impression after listening for a total of maybe 1-2 minutes. They might be better but I wouldn't think it would be a huge difference as in they still have that beats sound which makes all music sound kinda flat and lifeless with a thump of bass riding over the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back