Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #3,784 of 5,506
Walked home in the snow with my D2000's on listening to the Moon OST, got some strange looks. But I could care less that was beautiful!

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #3,785 of 5,506
After the winter break, my roommate and I were driving back to school and my roommate tells me that he got one of the best headphones out right now. He showed me beat solos and I was like ~.~... Cool

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #3,788 of 5,506
So...i got back one of my final examn essays in business. It was just a short essay after the multiple choice. most people wrote one paragraph in like half a page of paper or less. i wrote one. i explained many things about demograhics and gave an example of high end audio and target markets and how teens like colorful fashion and stuff

. i get a teacher's comments about disagreement with the part on teens with it saying that "Teens buy $500 Beats these days"

OMG. if only i could express what i was feeling, she was implying that teens are the high tech audio peeps of today...the comment on beats being specifically $500 showed that she doesn't knw the market.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #3,789 of 5,506
the comment on beats being specifically $500 showed that she doesn't knw the market.
 ​
Or maybe that you don't know that there are models of Beats that do in fact cost exactly $499.99​

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #3,791 of 5,506

Quote:
the comment on beats being specifically $500 showed that she doesn't knw the market.
 ​
Or maybe that you don't know that there are models of Beats that do in fact cost exactly $499.99​

yeah the Detox. but she was refering to and only knows of the Solo's and Studio's..heck doesn't even know the names..just big and small one.

Quote:
I'd still disagree with what the prof was implying.

yeah that's what i was going for :)

ANYONE...so do you guys think the Detox is a good improvement over the others? Any first hand experience with the sound?

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #3,792 of 5,506

Quote:
yeah the Detox. but she was refering to and only knows of the Solo's and Studio's..heck doesn't even know the names..just big and small one.

yeah that's what i was going for :)

ANYONE...so do you guys think the Detox is a good improvement over the others? Any first hand experience with the sound?

It sounds better than the Studios/Solos and about the same as the "normal" Pros. It's probably the kind of sound you'd expect for ~100 dollars.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #3,793 of 5,506

Quote:
Subtract the 150 and maybe I would consider them.

Sounds like you're saying that they're worth $0....

Many who've actually listened to the Pros will admit that they actually do worth $200 - $250 retail (not sure about street price though)
They actually sound significantly better than Solos/HD and studios. Better bass extensions, overall more balanced sound spectrum, cleaner and clearer sound and actually have a substantial respectable soundstage.  If you take that+Construction and packaging values, at $200 - $250 retail, for their intended sound-signature, target demographic and usage, they'd be really hard to beat in terms of value.    

$100.00 in my opinion is actually selling them short.  $450 - $500 definitely no..

Though they could be more comfortable.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #3,794 of 5,506

Quote:
It sounds better than the Studios/Solos and about the same as the "normal" Pros. It's probably the kind of sound you'd expect for ~100 dollars.

let's give it some more credit. Maybe around my HFI 580 levels or pro 700MK2's?...ok..for a second there maybe i gave it too much credit >_<

does it need amping(probably not) and did you/were you able to use an amp on it to demo?

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #3,795 of 5,506
I've heard the value $150 stated much more frequently in context of the Pros. You're the only one I've heard say they're worth as high as $250. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back