Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #3,005 of 5,506
lol nah, that's never happened to me. I'm the type of person who will see one of the kids at my old high school wearing um and go up to them and say to them "you know those suck right?". They always say "says you," and then I whip out my Sony ZX700's which are a third of the price of beats and I can see the dismay in their faces. Then just to save face, they retort with "But the Beats are sexier/look better/whatever ******** excuse,"... and that's when I dig into my bag and pull out my B&W P5's. Case closed. Victory achieved.

Dec 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #3,006 of 5,506
^This never happens. If you really did this your ZX700 would be destroyed rather than listened to...unless your a big guy and the type no one would mess with to begin with :p

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #3,008 of 5,506
The strangest thing happened while I was on IMVU. (This is going to be one of the nerdiest posts ever..) I bought a pair of AKG K701 for my character. But that's just the beginning. 
While joining random chatrooms with my brother, we happened upon someone who was wearing a pair of Beats Studio around his neck IN THE GAME. I was amazed to see someone else with headphones, but my brother was feeling completely different.
Immediately, he begins to debate with this random guy about them, even though they're just polygons and textures!

So basically, my brother called a computer-generated character out for wearing computer-generated Beats...Without even making sure that they didn't put new drivers into them >.>.
I am very surprised by how anti-Beats my brother is.

PS: Those Tron headphones are so beautiful...
eek.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #3,009 of 5,506

Quote:
lol nah, that's never happened to me. I'm the type of person who will see one of the kids at my old high school wearing um and go up to them and say to them "you know those suck right?". They always say "says you," and then I whip out my Sony ZX700's which are a third of the price of beats and I can see the dismay in their faces. Then just to save face, they retort with "But the Beats are sexier/look better/whatever ******** excuse,"... and that's when I dig into my bag and pull out my B&W P5's. Case closed. Victory achieved.

You do realize for the money paid a P5 isn't much better right?? I should know I owned one for a year.

Dec 22, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #3,010 of 5,506

Quote:
The strangest thing happened while I was on IMVU. (This is going to be one of the nerdiest posts ever..) I bought a pair of AKG K701 for my character. But that's just the beginning. 
While joining random chatrooms with my brother, we happened upon someone who was wearing a pair of Beats Studio around his neck IN THE GAME. I was amazed to see someone else with headphones, but my brother was feeling completely different.
Immediately, he begins to debate with this random guy about them, even though they're just polygons and textures!

So basically, my brother called a computer-generated character out for wearing computer-generated Beats...Without even making sure that they didn't put new drivers into them >.>.

eek.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #3,011 of 5,506

Quote:

eek.gif

I can't decide wether this is awesome or just weird...

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #3,012 of 5,506
Quote:
I can't decide wether this is awesome or just weird...

I'd say it is...weird. o.O. Yeahh...
Now about FYE. I can't believe they actually have the porta-pro and KSC75. I've been trying to find a store that had them in stock. It's weird how such cheap cans can be hard to find.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #3,013 of 5,506

Quote:
Studio's. i don't remember the graph. :/ just know that it was decent..but...definatley a no for the price

Who started this flavor of the month saying?
I got a chance to use the beats a few days ago from a person I have known for a while. They still sounded just as terrible as ever. Bass-mud sludged all over everything, a hissy sibilant top end, and no mid range to be heard. They definitely are not decent and for the price this should be considered robbery.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #3,014 of 5,506

Quote:

eek.gif

I would do the same thing. I have no problem with that what so ever (rather the opposite, i would encourage that sort of behaviour)

Quote:
You do realize for the money paid a P5 isn't much better right?? I should know I owned one for a year.

I have tested the P5 and i found them to be better than the Beats (Note: For me Beats are among, the worst headphone i have tried)
I do agree that (massive) lack of treble/airiness makes them sound dull after a few minutes.
Despite of that, i would take the P5 over a pair of Beats any day. 

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #3,015 of 5,506
Wait wait wait. Slow down.

You bought yourself a real-world pair of headphones for your virtual chatting service avatar? How does that work? (I feel old and out-of-touch. And slightly... intrigued?)

Quote:

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back