Frustrated with Clip+
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 26
All my iTunes AACs work through MM with my Walkman.
Also keep in mind a Rockboxed Clip will play AACs.
Now my rule of thumb is everything i buy digitally, i do not transcode.
If its 320kbs or 256 AAC its stays that way.
Anything i rip from a CD i do as Lame V0 for my walkman.

Quote:
When I load my CDs into MM, what format is it? I couldn't send some of my music to the Walkman after importing it from iTunes. When I converted it to MP3, I was able to send it to the Walkman.

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
I converted a bunch of music from mp3 (for walkman) to FLAC this morning. When I tried to put on my Clip, only about half of it would write to it.

I've tried disconnecting the Clip from my computer and reconnecting it, checked to make sure the card wasn't full (still has over 6Gig free), converted it back to mp3. Nothing worked. I'm using Media Monkey. Seems to be random. After some wouldn't write, others did. I went back and tried to transfer the files that previously wouldn't write, same results.

Any suggestions?

*facepalms* you can't turn lead into gold, brother

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 26
ROCKBOX!

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 26
It's a great gym player, MUCH better sound quality than any iDevice. That said, you have to rockbox it to play AAC (works great) unfortunately the rockbox UI is tiny and complicated. Still, a $50 device that makes you want to dance & sounds better than a $250 Apple product, you have to expect some compromises.

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #20 of 26
On a lighter note, try converting from (lossy) WMA back to WAV - the file sizes are unbefriekinglievable :)

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 26

It's a great gym player, MUCH better sound quality than any iDevice. That said, you have to rockbox it to play AAC (works great) unfortunately the rockbox UI is tiny and complicated. Still, a $50 device that makes you want to dance & sounds better than a $250 Apple product, you have to expect some compromises.

um... What all players by apple have years and compared? Because I know for a fact the 4G touch sounds a lot better on a flat EQ than the clip+ does.

Compared to that, the sound quality between my iPad and the old 4G Touch was very close and I love the sound of the new 6G Nano, more so thathe iPad.

So from my experiences, all three are better than the clip + in both driving power, sound quality, and durability/design.

The IEMs that I used with all players listed were the Shire SE535s.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 26
don't you know it is cool and gives one audiophile street cred by trashing idevices 
wink.gif
...seriously tell us that you are  just teasing us by defending  icrap?? 
eek.gif

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #23 of 26
I have an iPod classic 7G, iPhone 4, and a clip+ - the clip+ has the better SQ un-EQ'd. IMO, as YMMV. Of course, I have Rockbox on my clip+, so it's got an unfair advantage I'm afraid - soon to become smaller when RB is completed for the classic!!! I can't wait.
popcorn.gif

SQ is subjective after all, especially judging how many threads seem to go horribly wrong here on Head-Fi lately.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:

um... What all players by apple have years and compared? Because I know for a fact the 4G touch sounds a lot better on a flat EQ than the clip+ does.Compared to that, the sound quality between my iPad and the old 4G Touch was very close and I love the sound of the new 6G Nano, more so thathe iPad.So from my experiences, all three are better than the clip + in both driving power, sound quality, and durability/design. The IEMs that I used with all players listed were the Shire SE535s.

I should be able to compare them in a week or so......I'm hoping to get a 32GB  Touch 4G after I get my next paycheck.

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #25 of 26
another point to consider in sansa vs ipod comparisons is that a number of headphones/IEM seems to be made to synergize well with ipod.
just my opinion though, as I haven't been able to compare the two.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #26 of 26

don't you know it is cool and gives one audiophile street cred by trashing idevices 
wink.gif
...seriously tell us that you are  just teasing us by defending  icrap?? 
eek.gif

Lol I'm not saying theyree amazing, just better than the Clip+; I also have the T51/sflo2 and it sounds a lot better.

However li use the iPods right now because I'm in the process of getting all of the old crap off of my computer and iTunes is making that moderately easy as of right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back