Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #481 of 867
Mar 28, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #482 of 867
Quote:
@uelover : totally agree :wink:)

@anak : Have just heard fitear 335DW yesterday in fully custom shell and i was shocked that my ear almost the same as my friend nearly 100% xD , treble and mid are brilliant and significant upgrade from 334 but it has too much low bass ............ still feel the C4s more airy due to the lesser bass. but now i'm interested in fitear monet more than 335 :wink:) any impression or suggestion about the fitear monet ??

Monet vs 334 vs 335: kinda OT so I'll PM you. But it's good to know where the C4 lies w.r.t. the 335's. Have you tried the 334's? Does the C4 have less bass than the 334's?

Quote:
@AnakChan

further re C4 vocals and sound stage.  I was just listening to Paul Simon 'Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes'.  Opening a capella section was stunning -- all those voices in well-defined locations with lots of detail. Ditto Beach Boys 'God Only Knows'. Ray LaMontagne voice very forward & present on 'Beg, Borrow or Steal'.

Also, upon further listening, it's not that the bottom end is deficient, but rather that the tuning is giving more energy at the top, relatively. For example the solo bass that starts Hendrix' Born Under a Bad Sign is great -- it just gets a bit overwhelmed by the guitar & drums when they come in. With the 'Bass Booster' eq, the balance seems better.

All 'to my ears' of course.

I'm familiar with Paul Simon's track you're referring. That's a good reference which I can relate to. In fact these track examples you've provided with the description of portions within the music I'm familiar with paint a good picture of what the C4 could potentially "sound" like. Cheers.

UEL, have you received your C4 since they were ready over a week ago? Are they delivered?

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #484 of 867
Quote:

Monet vs 334 vs 335: kinda OT so I'll PM you. But it's good to know where the C4 lies w.r.t. the 335's. Have you tried the 334's? Does the C4 have less bass than the 334's?

I'm familiar with Paul Simon's track you're referring. That's a good reference which I can relate to. In fact these track examples you've provided with the description of portions within the music I'm familiar with paint a good picture of what the C4 could potentially "sound" like. Cheers.

UEL, have you received your C4 since they were ready over a week ago? Are they delivered?

Could you Pm me also about the comparison? I'm thinking of Fitear as my next CIEM in the far future.

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #485 of 867
Quote:

Monet vs 334 vs 335: kinda OT so I'll PM you.

Quote:
Could you Pm me also about the comparison? I'm thinking of Fitear as my next CIEM in the far future.

If you wouldn't mind, would you please PM me about this, too, AnakChan?

I'm also interested to hear your thoughts about the Monet! :)

Thankyou!

...and, back to the topic at hand, can any of you offer comparisons of the C4 (or C5) vs. UM Miracle, please?

Cheers.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #486 of 867
Quote:

If you wouldn't mind, would you please PM me about this, too, AnakChan?

I'm also interested to hear your thoughts about the Monet! :)

Thankyou!

...and, back to the topic at hand, can any of you offer comparisons of the C4 (or C5) vs. UM Miracle, please?

Cheers.

for C4s vs Miracle you can look back in many pages you i'll find my impression . but i missed one point in that impression is Miracle has more sub bass than C4s.

@anak : yup , the C4s has lesser bass compare to my 334 , but you can still feel a fine bass body on C4s

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #487 of 867
**** yeah... mine are complete! Hallelujah, Alhamdulillah, praise the lawd!
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #489 of 867
Quote:
i've heard miracle before . luckily , my friend's miracle fit my ear almost over 90 percent .......... quick impression compare to my C4 , the miracle has a bit more bass but do not impact as my c4 , treble extend slightly more on my C4 . To my ear , miracle has a vast soundstage ...... however C4 has even bigger sound stage and C4 become the CIEM  which has the biggest soundstage i've ever heard ( i heard JH13 Pro freqphrase , miracle , Mage , Rooth LS8 , UERM , UE18 and coming up will be Fitear MH335 DW ) .......... as the result , my friend sold his miracle and become a new C4 owner ( i swear it is true :wink:) )
for my taste , i even prefer the UERM to miracle .......... and about the C5s , sry i can't help you , don't have any experiment about C5s

I am sorry, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I am interested in Frogbeats and it seems you are comparing you C4, actual customs, with Miracles who are someone elses customs you have tried and many other ciems in demo versions... so I do not see how this is a really fair comparison, as fit is 50% of SQ in a custom...

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #490 of 867
Quote:
I am sorry, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I am interested in Frogbeats and it seems you are comparing you C4, actual customs, with Miracles who are someone elses customs you have tried and many other ciems in demo versions... so I do not see how this is a really fair comparison, as fit is 50% of SQ in a custom...

+1 i don't think that FB can be better than miracle, else we would be seeing more posts and reviews by big head-fiers, Project86 own one yet he keep switching from A.8 to miracle from time to time. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #491 of 867
Quote:
+1 i don't think that FB can be better than miracle, else we would be seeing more posts and reviews by big head-fiers, Project86 own one yet he keep switching from A.8 to miracle from time to time. 

I am not saying it cannot be better. It might be, but the basis for the comparison here is quite flawed IMO. If it is better than great, I will buy it. But it would have to be a comparison with extensive listening with TWO CUSTOMS iems.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #493 of 867
Quote:

So if all the big name Head-Fiers bought Beats Solo and raved about it, you'd think it was great too? You'd rather have tons of hype heaped on a product by people who simply have 1500+ posts? Don't even go down that route. You just compared two CIEMs, of which 1 you haven't even heard before.   

Quote:
I am not saying it cannot be better. It might be, but the basis for the comparison here is quite flawed IMO. If it is better than great, I will buy it. But it would have to be a comparison with extensive listening with TWO CUSTOMS iems.

In context, I believe the poster was responding to someone who was curious how the Miracle stacked up to the C4. That being the case, his impressions may still be helpful to someone who understand that a universal fit of a custom will not have the same level of bass, etc etc. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #495 of 867
Quote:
Impressions received 3/14, notification of completion on 3/29. So that's like... 15 days for rush order? Takes about another week for shipping I think, so about 23 days total.

This photo kind of confirms my suspicion that rush order are Made in UK while normal orders are routed to China. See the difference between my photo and yours. I asked for clear shell as well and obviously the difference is drastic. Omphalopsychite did not opted for rush order and received a photo in exactly the same format as mine.

I have yet to receive mine and the photo below is the photo I received 2 weeks ago informing me that my custom was completed (for privacy reason I have removed my name and serial number)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back