Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Oct 31, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,546 of 2,017
  For me it does affect the sound.

Ah I am sorry, i hope it affects in a positive way. I can't hear much of a difference myself.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #1,547 of 2,017

Ah I am sorry, i hope it affects in a positive way. I can't hear much of a difference myself.

Not in a good way for me.
Stock pads of the mk3 are best for the sound.
For me the only mods that really make a positive change overall was:
- add a headband comfort (the original is unbearable)
- add some plasticine on strategic places to lest and eliminate vibrations
- cover one of the eight bass vent in the earcup
- control the mid bass by partially close external bass vent

I made the changes with two t50rp mk3 one untouched and the other modified. So I can subjectively compare the result.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,548 of 2,017
  Not in a good way for me.
Stock pads of the mk3 are best for the sound.
For me the only mods that really make a positive change overall was:
- add a headband comfort (the original is unbearable)
- add some plasticine on strategic places to lest and eliminate vibrations
- cover one of the eight bass vent in the earcup
- control the mid bass by partially close external bass vent

I made the changes with two t50rp mk3 one untouched and the other modified. So I can subjectively compare the result.

What do you think should I add some plasticine to my t20rp mk3? Would it be usefull?

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,550 of 2,017
It has been over 16 weeks Lol for me, I just submitted the inquiry on rapidrebates. It did shoe my rebate on file. I will update when I get the check... If ever. Lol

Mhh, So they emailed me today after my web form inquiry at http://rapidrebates.com/ yesterday. And they said ...

"records show that your rebate check has been printed. We expect this to be mailed out shortly for you."

Sheesh... I wonder if everyone that is still waiting for this rebate HAS to email them in order for them actually do something. Yes I hate rebates. But such is life. lol

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,553 of 2,017
Anyone found a good deal on new Mk3s in the UK ?

(Best I've found is £115 free shipping for T20RP Mk3s)

Trying to get my friend turned on to the planar sound.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #1,554 of 2,017
  Mhh, So they emailed me today after my web form inquiry at http://rapidrebates.com/ yesterday. And they said ...

"records show that your rebate check has been printed. We expect this to be mailed out shortly for you."

Sheesh... I wonder if everyone that is still waiting for this rebate HAS to email them in order for them actually do something. Yes I hate rebates. But such is life. lol

GUESS WHAT? Check arrived in the mail today!! 
After so many months! Only after the recent above inquiry was this check printed, if you are wondering when if ever... 
go to the above quoted link to see if they will then take quick action and print it.

I am good with headphones and accessories for headphones,,, so going to deposit that money to make up for those expenditures lol.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,555 of 2,017
This week I want to a demonstration store to check out the Meze 99 classics.

I like "flat" headphones and Innerfidelity just celebrated the Meze as the new NAD Viso HP50.
Yes there were good, a bit better than the NAD, but I was simply not impressed compared to my current RE-600 hifiman.
I tried a couple of other dynamics and I just didn't see any price justification.

But then I saw the orange cables... and gave a shot to the T50rp mark 3. Wow just wow.
Everything was smooth, clear, details, good bass without bloat, and surprinsingly, not harsh trebles at all for me, and I have very sensitive ears ( I considered the M50x very tiring for that reason).

So I bought them instantly but on the first day I realized I seem to have a connection/cable problem, basically I loose the right-ear signal when I twist/move the cable. 
Anyone has that problem?
Should I ask for a replacement cable or just get the whole headphones back? Or maybe buy another cheap cable?

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #1,556 of 2,017
This week I want to a demonstration store to check out the Meze 99 classics.

I like "flat" headphones and Innerfidelity just celebrated the Meze as the new NAD Viso HP50.
Yes there were good, a bit better than the NAD, but I was simply not impressed compared to my current RE-600 hifiman.
I tried a couple of other dynamics and I just didn't see any price justification.

But then I saw the orange cables... and gave a shot to the T50rp mark 3. Wow just wow.
Everything was smooth, clear, details, good bass without bloat, and surprinsingly, not harsh trebles at all for me, and I have very sensitive ears ( I considered the M50x very tiring for that reason).

So I bought them instantly but on the first day I realized I seem to have a connection/cable problem, basically I loose the right-ear signal when I twist/move the cable. 
Anyone has that problem?
Should I ask for a replacement cable or just get the whole headphones back? Or maybe buy another cheap cable?

The included cable is crap. The most common replacement cable is the $15 V-MODA audio only cable. It's the same cable Mr.Speaker's Mad Dogs ship with.

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #1,557 of 2,017
The included cable is crap. The most common replacement cable is the $15 V-MODA audio only cable. It's the same cable Mr.Speaker's Mad Dogs ship with.I totI t

I totally agree. the V-Moda cable is such an upgrade, super light and super out-of-the-way-don't-even-know-its-there. Only negative is the lack of an orange color :)

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,559 of 2,017
Guys, thanks for the extremely quick reply!

Is signal loss a common problem? I am usually a IEM guy, so I cant really judge the quality of a full-size cable, but what im experiencing is literally loss of signal on one side while moving my head ! 

Thats more than a cumbersome or bad to the touch defect :frowning2:

EDIT: Is the v-moda cable entirely compatible or I need to mod something? There is a lock mechanism on my T50rp

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #1,560 of 2,017
  I totally agree. the V-Moda cable is such an upgrade, super light and super out-of-the-way-don't-even-know-its-there. Only negative is the lack of an orange color :)

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Oh, but there is an orange color! Granted it's the microphone cable. However, with a little 90 degree adapter it totally works and looks great!

Guys, thanks for the extremely quick reply!

Is signal loss a common problem? I am usually a IEM guy, so I cant really judge the quality of a full-size cable, but what im experiencing is literally loss of signal on one side while moving my head ! 

Thats more than a cumbersome or bad to the touch defect :frowning2:

EDIT: Is the v-moda cable entirely compatible or I need to mod something? There is a lock mechanism on my T50rp

No mods necessary. You basically just flip the cable upside down and insert the 45 degree end into your T50rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back