Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Jun 30, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #122 of 2,017
It seems they've modified the driver compared to the mk2, right ?

Gah, I sure hope so. I'm getting mixed messages from everywhere. That part of the article is sure hopeful

Guys the drivers are the same as before. The changes are just the cosmetics and the pads.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #123 of 2,017
add in damping of some kind likely.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #124 of 2,017
Guys the drivers are the same as before. The changes are just the cosmetics and the pads.

But when they throw a quote like

"The driver unit incorporating the key Fostex proprietary Regular Phase (RP) Technology diaphragm has been refined to achieve sharper audio reproduction for more accurate monitoring"

Cups, damping, pads (not that pads matter, I'll still change them out) ect aren't drivers or part of drivers. The baffle maybe you can say that's part of the driver, but that's a bit of a stretch. A driver is a driver,

The driver mixed with all the rest, damping, cups, vents ect, is what makes a speaker.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #125 of 2,017
possible it is the diaphragm with the changed traces from the TH500 run

Jul 2, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #127 of 2,017
Alright, new post on their Facebook page

"We start shipping the renewed Fostex professional headphones, model T20RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T50RPmk3 internationally. Check the new web page to see how they have been improved"

The real question is how do we get them

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #128 of 2,017
Reminds me I have to share my impressions of them. I've had them for a month (and borrowed a friend's older T50RP side by side to it).

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #131 of 2,017
Refined Fostex proprietary Regular Phase (RP) diaphragm driver using copper foil etched polyimide film and powerful neodymium magnet

Exactly, many quotes saying it's changed, but then people from Fostex saying it's not.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were on the fence about actually changing it. Then they realized the market is largely going to be people who already own a pair of t50rps (probably modded too) so they need more reason then covered cables and headband to bring people to buy a new pair.

Although, with the comfort changes, and pre-modded versions, should bring in new customers and narrow the market for professional modding businesses

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #133 of 2,017
That could also be goofy translation or slight miscommunication / misunderstanding, would be nice to hear 100%.
though unless serious changes were made it might be incremental . Sorry if stating the obvious here :p

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #135 of 2,017
  Reminds me I have to share my impressions of them. I've had them for a month (and borrowed a friend's older T50RP side by side to it).

aww man.... what a post 
frown.gif
...please do tell... and also tell how you got them if you are able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back