Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Aug 2, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #151 of 2,017
  Very strange. Lot of hype about them but no official information by Fostex.

official information here: http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/New_RP-Series.shtml

any word on final price points yet?

Aug 3, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #154 of 2,017
I was hoping it'd be closer to $150 (or less). Mk2 is currently $130 but don't know what the original msrp was.

The average I've seen for the mk2s was about 130 USD. From converting YEN to Canada dollars, it ended up being just slightly over 200. Of course that doesn't say much, but we have an idea

I'm guessing for the t50rpmk3, 170-200 usd. In reality, I would just go cheap and dapen and close vents my self, so I'd buy the t20s (if they end up being cheaper)

Aug 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #158 of 2,017
  Will these be sold along side the mk2? Or will they be discontinued at the end of the month.

they are already discontinued, Fostex have some t40/50 leftovers plus distributors have some left. I ordered 4 pairs and Im still waiting for real sale. But yes they are discontinued. mk2 will be available till all of them will be sold, that might be also reason mk3 arent there yet

Aug 4, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #160 of 2,017
Has someone done a comparison of the 3 series models?

We don't have any reviews of any of the models yet, never mind a comparison

Although if you are curious, you can look up the incremental mods and measurements thread for the current model. The t20s are fully vented and little or no damping (I'm assuming) t40 I forget, and the new t50rps will be like the DBV. (Again all assumptions, but we have confirmation the drivers are more or less the same)

As a whole it's safe to just say they are like the mk2s but modded from factory (or effectively anyways)

Of course take this with a grain of salt, we simply have no idea of anything really until we get our hands on them

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #164 of 2,017
The review of the t50rp3 was up a while back in case you missed it. Anakchan did the comparison of the old and new t50rps

It was more of a first quick thoughts. From someone (although very skilled) who never actually heard of the mk2s before.(the reason why I bring that up is I'd like a more direct comparison, especially to modded cans) I do really look forward to his full review for sure.

And I agree with beedee.... heh where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back