Former Audiophile looking for IEM
Sep 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #47 of 81
Quote:

Although I have disagreed (quite strongly) with AsdtroTurf on a couple of occasions, and it's true that his love for Etymotic products can be said to be a bit extreme, AstroTurf, as far as I know, is not an Etymotic rep, and this time I fully agree with his post. This is not the first time FullCircle does this in the main forums. From the Terms of Service:

Member of the Trade Rules

"Member of the Trade" includes (but is not limited to) manufacturers; individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; individuals selling items acquired (or made by the individual and/or his associates) for the primary purpose of resale; individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; dealers; distributors; manufacturer's representatives; importers; magazine and e-zine writers.

Main Forums" are those forums within Head-Fi not specifically designated as areas for commercial advertising by Members of the Trade.

Is he a Member of the Trade though music? I thought Member of the Trade was a status for sellers who are not Sponsors (or do not pay to advertise here on headfi).

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #48 of 81
Totally running off topic here, but just for an update

I flagged this thread, and sent an e-mail over to the staff of Head Fi. As most people know, I am a newb when it comse to being a sponsor and I am glad to see other not too clear about the rules as well!

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #49 of 81
Honestly from reading this it's hard to really tell. It could go both ways.

Sponsor - A Member of the Trade who has fewer restrictions as to where or what they can post as a result of paying for sponsorship.
Member of the Trade - A person who has a financial interest of some kind in an audio-related business and is subject to addition rules in the Terms of Service. MOTs cannot post without being tagged so that people are aware of their affiliation. If you find someone clearly from a company posting, please report one of their posts so we can tag them.

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #50 of 81
I honestly think this is something to take up in PM now...  

@OP: hopefully you see this XD

A few suggestions I can make that aren't on your list would be the Phonak PFE 0xx + grey filters (or 1xx if you can afford it).  The Brainwavz M5 may be of interest to you as well.  But I'd pick up an M3 before I went M5 (IMO).  Final note, you may not want to overlook the MEE A161P.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #51 of 81
I've heard a few IEM's, both universal and custom. I am assuming you are going the universal route. If I had to give away all of my IEMs and keep one, it would be a toss-up between the Klipsch X10 or Grado GR10. Ironically, both are single armature. The Klipsch wins the comfort hands down. They are the most comfortable pair of IEMs I have ever used, even more comfortable than customs.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #52 of 81

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #54 of 81
Quote:

Sorry, even with my age, experience and command of English, I don't understand your point.

Quote:

After having read many of your posts, please allow me to doubt that.

That's it from this end. I will not respond to any more posts.

hahaha... 
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #55 of 81
My apologies to Heir Audio aka the Wiz...

I have been corrected !!!

I am sorry... Spam Away !!!

LOLz, Jim

Moderators response to me... Quote:

I thought you might like to know, they are allowed to post (excepting commenting on competitors products) but, most don't, as they also risk hanging themselves. There is no protection for them against replies such as yours.
:)

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #57 of 81
Westone 4R  /Ultimate ears 900 /  Etymotic ER4S /  or Heir Audio 4.Ai,( pssst... hahaha) OR a cheeper solution would be GR07-MK2

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #59 of 81
Quote:
I have £300 to spend on a pair of IEMs, my request is similiar to the poster of this thread.  Can anyone recommend a pair of IEMs within my price range?

Can't see that you can go wrong with the w4. I would make them R if you would like the option of going nuts in the future.
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #60 of 81
If you were into tubes, pick up the Ortofon E-Q7.  Their sound signature reminds me of Cain & Cain Abbys driven by a SET amp.  Very musical.

For extreme isolation and great clarity, go with the Etymotic ER4P (since you're going amp-free).

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back