flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #9,121 of 39,414
I heard both DAPs with the EE Zeus-XR, with the MS x EA Eos via 4.4mm balanced to the modded WM1A, and a 4-wire 1960s via 4.4mm balanced to the modded WM1Z. No problem, man! :D

dan , if you ever feel like selling it shoot me a PM bro

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #9,123 of 39,414
OTOH, my wife fell hard for the Trio. So, it's not like I won't get a chance to appreciate them more :)

Must...resist...making...inappropriate...joke....aaarrrg

giphy.gif

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #9,124 of 39,414
Good to know! I really am not a huge fan of foam tips so I don't plan on using them, but now if something sounds off to me I'll know what to look at haha.

I was tossing the idea of getting the K mod done to my WM1A, do you find it worth the money? How long did the mod take for you?
As another owner of the K-modded WM1A, I too think it's worth the price of admission. The modded WM1A gives a spacious, analog, effortless presentation. It's very easy to fade into the music. It is first and foremost a musical presentation, though detail levels are excellent as well. I don't have the stock WM1A to compare with, but at times I felt the stock 1A had a bit of digital glare, ie. accented treble that sounded unnatural, and the imaging/separation could be improved. The K mod brought improvements in that regard, and I can listen for hours without fatigue.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #9,125 of 39,414
As another owner of the K-modded WM1A, I too think it's worth the price of admission. The modded WM1A gives a spacious, analog, effortless presentation. It's very easy to fade into the music. It is first and foremost a musical presentation, though detail levels are excellent as well. I don't have the stock WM1A to compare with, but at times I felt the stock 1A had a bit of digital glare, ie. accented treble that sounded unnatural, and the imaging/separation could be improved. The K mod brought improvements in that regard, and I can listen for hours without fatigue.

What mod level Lau?

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #9,126 of 39,414
Are there mods for the AK380cu adn amp?

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #9,127 of 39,414

100% agreed. The lower-treble control plus added content in the sub-bass and lower-midrange add a beautiful analog feel that returns some of the weight and substance that the stock one lacked. Good call! :wink:

Are there mods for the AK380cu adn amp?

Vinnie Rossie used to offer the Red Wine mod, but I don’t think he does anymore. You can probably contact Ryuzoh of Musashi Sound technologies to mod it for you, but I’d first question the safety of the mod if I were you. His AK70 mod in particular wasn’t as reliable as i would’ve liked, but his other ones have a pretty good reputation, so YMMV.

Apr 17, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #9,128 of 39,414
What mod level Lau?
Highest tier. PW 1960s 8-wire balanced and 4-wire SE.

100% agreed. The lower-treble control plus added content in the sub-bass and lower-midrange add a beautiful analog feel that returns some of the weight and substance that the stock one lacked. Good call! :wink:
Thanks man! Haven't heard from other owners yet tho... Probably busy enjoying their music.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #9,134 of 39,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back