FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 19, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #166 of 4,896

Quote:
Don't tease, evolutionX I saw that. You'll have to give us a review now! pronto! 
etysmile.gif

tongue.gif
 sorry don't mean to tease but was told by another head-fier not to discuss japanese import openly.....in case others will have trouble importing one as it seems they are not meant for export.   

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #169 of 4,896

Quote:

tongue.gif
 sorry don't mean to tease but was told by another head-fier not to discuss japanese import openly.....in case others will have trouble importing one as it seems they are not meant for export.   

No worries, I thought as much. 

Just give us a review already haha

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #170 of 4,896

Quote:

Still waiting... 
tongue.gif

Hi Lillee, I will leave the review to the experts as I am not good in describing the sound.   my 1st impression is that it has a very detailed sound signature, great build quality and surprisingly good isolation.   it is more JH13 than JH16 and music is presented in its full details, especially playing 24/96 HD tracks.   

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #171 of 4,896
You're too modest EvolutionX, that was a great first impression. Good to hear they are detailed and for me, my preferences these days are for monitoring IEMs rather than anything coloured or leaning.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #175 of 4,896
@Muppet & @evolutionx, would be curious if you guys agree with my assessment I shared last week.

Hi AnakChan, i think you only provided a brief impression but most of the observations are pretty accurate. For a universal fit, i would say it sound pretty close to a custom fit iem. Soundstage is wide and everything is very upfront, you can hear all the details in well recorded source with little coloration. I notice that changing the tips give you slight difference sound signature as when you insert deeper, the sound stage change slightly. The Jh16pro sounded more punchy and bassy and so music sounded more "exciting". I guess the additional drivers on Jh16pro make the instruments sounded more pronounced and sometimes can drown the vocals. On MH334, the vocal seems to take center stage while on Jh16pro, the vocal seems to be fighting with the instruments for your attention. Everything sounded more cohesive on the MH334 but i guess it is down to the genre of music you listen to. Rock and electronic/dance music sounded more exciting on the JH-16pro while Jazz and female vocal sounded more natural and cohesive on the MH334. Sorry that I am not so good in describing the sound and I look forward to read more reviews from others, especially from Joker who just got his MH334. And thanks to Lillee for your words of encouragement. Cheers.

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #177 of 4,896
Cheers! Yes you're right, I spent only 20-25 mins with it. Agreed with you that it's for certain genre.

I see you have the DX100 as a source too :).

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #178 of 4,896

Quote:
Hi AnakChan, i think you only provided a brief impression but most of the observations are pretty accurate. For a universal fit, i would say it sound pretty close to a custom fit iem. Soundstage is wide and everything is very upfront, you can hear all the details in well recorded source with little coloration. I notice that changing the tips give you slight difference sound signature as when you insert deeper, the sound stage change slightly. The Jh16pro sounded more punchy and bassy and so music sounded more "exciting". I guess the additional drivers on Jh16pro make the instruments sounded more pronounced and sometimes can drown the vocals. On MH334, the vocal seems to take center stage while on Jh16pro, the vocal seems to be fighting with the instruments for your attention. Everything sounded more cohesive on the MH334 but i guess it is down to the genre of music you listen to. Rock and electronic/dance music sounded more exciting on the JH-16pro while Jazz and female vocal sounded more natural and cohesive on the MH334. Sorry that I am not so good in describing the sound and I look forward to read more reviews from others, especially from Joker who just got his MH334. And thanks to Lillee for your words of encouragement. Cheers.

Excellent write up! I am now drooling over these... Thanks for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back