FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #197 of 4,896

Quote:

Yeah, I don't wanna get too OT either, but I'll reply quickly with the short answer: it's true that dichorionic, diamniotic twins have their own environments, but the composition is very similar simply because they are inside the mother at the same time. About the migration of NCCs, if you play with one of the cells and alter its chemotactic signals, it'll crawl whichever way you want it to. Facial cleft malformations and things of that ilk often happen because of interference of these signals, which are brought about in the first place by ectopic axis patterning expression.

Anyways, if you want to discuss more on DevBio/Embryology, feel free to PM me.
regular_smile%20.gif

I guess I was knocked out when he was discussing environmental factors :)

Quote:

I'd love to try out stuff like this. All this hobby does is serve as motivation for me to be successful. 

How would you say the 334 compares to your Fostex th900?

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #198 of 4,896
The IEMs forum's been looking a little better in the last couple of days. Literally.

-----------------------------------

MF,

I sometimes get the impression we hear things somewhat differently, and I do stress the part where I say "I sometimes get the impression" -- mostly because I know you quite enjoy the SM3, an IEM I frankly found quite flawed sonically, not that it was just not my cup of tea, but I really felt it was a pretty flawed IEM. However, AFAIK, you do find the EX1000 to be an excellent IEM, like I do. It's a shame you haven't yet tried the K3003 because that might give me a better idea of what it is you consider to be good/OK/bad SQ. (I'd also like to take the opportunity to to ask bizkit to please PM me and discuss his views on the EX1000s, FitEars & AKGs in his very own particular style, which I find quite refreshing.)

So, MuppetFace, a big, BIG favour: I know you appreciate Van der Graaf Generator, and I don't know if you have in your possession the 2005 remastered editions of The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other and H To He Who Am The Only One; if you do, could you please listen to the following tracks, "Darkness (11/11)" and "Emperor In His War-Room: The Emperor/The Room" with both your EX1000 & FitEars, and tell me what you hear? To these ears the SM3 made a whole mess of both tracks (pretty horrible, actually) while the EX1000s and, specially, the K3003s delivered stunning SQ.

Feel free to PM me if you think this may be more appropriate.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #199 of 4,896
Quote:

How would you say the 334 compares to your Fostex th900?

I haven't A/B'd them side by side yet, but both are still somewhat fresh on my mind for what that's worth. The TH900 is fairly neutral, but with a slight coloration in the form of a bit of bass emphasis which adds a sense of liveliness and robustness. The mids are also subtly recessed while vocals have a somewhat more forward placement.

By comparison, the TG334 is even more neutral and lacks the enhancements of the TH900, subtle though they may be. It strikes me as somewhat less holographic than the TH900, less airy and "open" in its presentation, though I'll need more time with the TG 334 to say with any degree of certainty. Both are exceptionally clear, accurate, and articulate. Both are well suited for critical music listening. The TH900 is like the ocean waters surrounding some exotic island, very clear but possessing a cumulative blue tint, whereas the TG 334 is closer to a crystal clear stream.

Quote:
So, MuppetFace, a big, BIG favour: I know you appreciate Van der Graaf Generator, and I don't know if you have in your possession the 2005 remastered editions of The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other and H To He Who Am The Only One; if you do, could you please listen to the following tracks, "Darkness (11/11)" and "Emperor In His War-Room: The Emperor/The Room" with both your EX1000 & FitEars, and tell me what you hear? To these ears the SM3 made a whole mess of both tracks (pretty horrible, actually) while the EX1000s and, specially, the K3003s delivered stunning SQ.

I'm fairly positive I have the 2005 remaster of H To He Who Am. Unfortunately most of my Van Der Graaf CDs haven't been ripped, and they're still in boxes from our recent move. Tonight I'll see if I can track it down and then let you know my findings. Failing that, I'll try to search for a decent quality upload online.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #201 of 4,896
@MuppetFace, thanks for your excellent first impressions of the TG334! You even managed to decoy musicbird out of his hiding place, that's quite an achievement.
wink.gif

Judging by your (early and provisional) assessment, there seem to be some striking similarities to how I perceive my UERM. Looking forward to further impressions and comparisons...

@music_4321, care to elaborate on the flaw(s) the SM3 showed with these tracks? I'd like to listen to them with some of my phones and know what to look for. Thanks.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #202 of 4,896

Quote:

I'm fairly positive I have the 2005 remaster of H To He Who Am. Unfortunately most of my Van Der Graaf CDs haven't been ripped, and they're still in boxes from our recent move. Tonight I'll see if I can track it down and then let you know my findings. Failing that, I'll try to search for a decent quality upload online.

Thanks! I look forward to your findings.

Quote:
@MuppetFace, thanks for your excellent first impressions of the TG334! You even managed to decoy musicbird out of his hiding place, that's quite an achievement.
wink.gif

:)

Quote:

@music_4321, care to elaborate on the flaw(s) the SM3 showed with these tracks? I'd like to listen to them with some of my phones and know what to look for. Thanks.
smile_phones.gif

From memory: a thick veil, very poor treble with virtually no sparkle, muddiness, boosted bass with severe lack of tightness & texture; cymbals sounded completely off, practically hidden / inaudible harmonics produced by the acoustic guitar on the second track, thick, unnatural mids.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #203 of 4,896
From memory: a thick veil, very poor treble with virtually no sparkle, muddiness, boosted bass with severe lack of tightness & texture; cymbals sounded completely off, practically hidden / inaudible harmonics produced by the acoustic guitar on the second track, thick, unnatural mids.

Possible amp / IEM incompatibility..? My UM Miracles sound totally off when driven poorly - so much so I was shocked

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #204 of 4,896

^ At the time, I did a direct comparison between the SM3, UM3X, SE535 & ES3X using the Sony X1060 & 4G iPod Nano, both unamped. It was only the SM3 that sounded as I described in my earlier post. Before that, I had an iPod Classic + LOD + RSA Mustang, and neither the W3, UM3X nor the ES3X (the 3 IEMs I tested the Mustang with at the time) benefited from the amp.

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #205 of 4,896
Thanks for the concise and detailed impressions Muppet. I look forward to hearing about them in further detail. I am also really curious to hear how the 334s will stack up to Joker's Miracle... Man... Just when you think you're done in HF-land, another phone comes along that forces you to reevaluate everything :l

Apr 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #206 of 4,896
Quote:

^ At the time, I did a direct comparison between the SM3, UM3X, SE535 & ES3X using the Sony X1060 & 4G iPod Nano, both unamped. It was only the SM3 that sounded as I described in my earlier post. Before that, I had an iPod Classic + LOD + RSA Mustang, and neither the W3, UM3X nor the ES3X (the 3 IEMs I tested the Mustang with at the time) benefited from the amp.

Well, I wasn't there at the time, and I haven't heard the SM3 or the Mustang, so I can't pass any actual judgment - I respect your own experience. Nonetheless, the comments about UE11+Mustang are interesting, in the first post in the following thread:

Quote:

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=8116.0

Anyway, no big deal 
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #207 of 4,896
The IEMs forum's been looking a little better in the last couple of days. Literally.

-----------------------------------

MF,

I sometimes get the impression we hear things somewhat differently, and I do stress the part where I say "I sometimes get the impression" -- mostly because I know you quite enjoy the SM3, an IEM I frankly found quite flawed sonically, not that it was just not my cup of tea, but I really felt it was a pretty flawed IEM. However, AFAIK, you do find the EX1000 to be an excellent IEM, like I do. It's a shame you haven't yet tried the K3003 because that might give me a better idea of what it is you consider to be good/OK/bad SQ. (I'd also like to take the opportunity to to ask bizkit to please PM me and discuss his views on the EX1000s, FitEars & AKGs in his very own particular style, which I find quite refreshing.)

So, MuppetFace, a big, BIG favour: I know you appreciate Van der Graaf Generator, and I don't know if you have in your possession the 2005 remastered editions of The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other and H To He Who Am The Only One; if you do, could you please listen to the following tracks, "Darkness (11/11)" and "Emperor In His War-Room: The Emperor/The Room" with both your EX1000 & FitEars, and tell me what you hear? To these ears the SM3 made a whole mess of both tracks (pretty horrible, actually) while the EX1000s and, specially, the K3003s delivered stunning SQ.

Feel free to PM me if you think this may be more appropriate.

It's going to be about a week before I have a chance to make it out to KL to pick up my FitEar's. I've been tip rolling the K3003i as of late, with spectacular results, so it should be to see how the TG's stack up against them.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #208 of 4,896
It's going to be about a week before I have a chance to make it out to KL to pick up my FitEar's. I've been tip rolling the K3003i as of late, with spectacular results, so it should be to see how the TG's stack up against them.

Yeah, battle of the 'Universal CIEMs' (you know what I mean).

K3003i vs. 334 TO GO! should be a very interesting comparison, particularly for those of us who want top-end IEM performance but don't want to go the 'full-custom' route (personally, I like the 'full-custom' route, but it is a hell of a lot more expensive, in terms of risk and resell value).

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #209 of 4,896
Then there's people like me that have gone the custom route but have had to sell them for one reason or another. For me, at this point in time at least, customs don't work because of problems related to TMJ I have. I'd be very interested in a universal IEM in the same class/price range as the JH13Pro.

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #210 of 4,896
Just when the TG334 hasn't even cooled yet, what's MH335DW?

https://twitter.com/#!/FUJIYAAVIC/status/194283955267178496/photo/1

I've seen it mentioned only once by average_joe back in December :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-iem-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-18-reviews-acs-t1-live-added-3-4-12/1050#post_8094596

Edit: DW apparently stands for "Double Woofer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back