First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Dec 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #241 of 269
Yeah, just go with the Brainwaves pads, save yourself some trouble.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #242 of 269
I'll have to try this... any tips on separating the focus pads from the glued plastic mounting clip? There seems to be a Brainwavz version of the Focus pads, wonder if they'd work the same way.

I got some of the Brainwavs focus pads in and they sound the same, they're an amazing upgrade for the T70/T70p. In all seriousness, they lift the T70 up into a whole new category, and make them one of my all-time favorite closed-back headphones.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #244 of 269
Removing the T70 stock pads? They just pulled right off.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #245 of 269
Guys, I have a pair of Pleather brainwavz pads. You figure they would sound the same on the t70 and the brainwavz focus pads? I am really enjoying these, but the seal is hard to get right and I could use a couple dB of bass.

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #246 of 269
The Pleather do help get a better seal and slightly bring out more bass. Very nice. I don't think their are any negative affects. Not an comfy, being Pleather. If I keep them I will get the brainwavz hybrid for comfort.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #247 of 269
You guys think it would be a good idea to cut out the fabric in the middle of the brainwavz pads? Not needed as the t70 already has felt for the ears installed and maybe it is impacting sound?

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #248 of 269
Yeah, this is a big deal. About the only thing lacking in the T70 was punch, and with these pads it has it.

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #249 of 269
These will most likely be my next pair of headphones.

They offer an incredible performance-to-price ratio at their current under-$300 pricing.

popcorn.gif

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #250 of 269
Yeah, this is a big deal. About the only thing lacking in the T70 was punch, and with these pads it has it.

Can't wait to try the Brainwavz. I found an extra set of earlier variant Jergmod for the HE560 modded Focus pads but again I don't know how well the pads will take to separating the glued mounting rings and how well the remaining pleather that hangs over will mount onto the T70.

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #251 of 269
Honestly, I like a nice, detailed, airy and sweet headphone. The t70 was that without any bass punch to speak of. The more I have worn then I realize it is a sealing problem on my head. The brainwavz get me the good seal everything I put them on, and just ever so slightly add some punch to the mix. The t70/brainwavz could be my perfect headphone. I have the alpha primes com8ng this week, it will be interesting to compare them.

Also, I find the t70 sound awesome from my cayin c5 amp. This is really good for me as I am trying to stick with a portable setup.

Soundsgoodtome, you are a jazz fan right? The t70 do it for me big time on jazz. I actually think I like them as much as the 400i (thought the timbre of the 400i is more perfect), and I think the soundstage is actually bigger!

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #255 of 269
You guys think it would be a good idea to cut out the fabric in the middle of the brainwavz pads? Not needed as the t70 already has felt for the ears installed and maybe it is impacting sound?

Mine are on the way. Are you guys referring to the Brainwavz pleather or the pleather/velour hybrids? I have the pleathers, but I'll spring for the hybrids if the difference is significant.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back