First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Jul 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #211 of 269

my 2 cents

NO. Its your 1399.99! And at that price it better be fantastic!

I've had my T70p for a about a year now. I've never noticed a change in sound after burn in though. But the little T7 letters on one of the earcups have fallen off.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #213 of 269
I'm currently seriously reflecting about T70P. As they reportedly are on the bright side of sonic spectrum, I'm a bit reserved and uncertain about how I can justify purchase of another pair of headphones. Are they ear-piercing bright? Do they have enough midbass for rock and IDM? I still remember extremely detailed AKG K550 with their uncomfortably peaky treble and thin sound.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #214 of 269
  I'm currently seriously reflecting about T70P. As they reportedly are on the bright side of sonic spectrum, I'm a bit reserved and uncertain about how I can justify purchase of another pair of headphones. Are they ear-piercing bright? Do they have enough midbass for rock and IDM? I still remember extremely detailed AKG K550 with their uncomfortably peaky treble and thin sound.

It is bright but not ear piercing. It has a tight slam in the bass but not a very impactful punchy bass. Whether you like them really depends on what sound you are used to. Also what kind of genre you are listening to. They have awesome detail and resolution and instrument separation. If you listen to bass-heavy music, that requires a lot of punch and slam you might want a sound with more body. On the other hand the sound of T70p is addictive and after a while and some getting used to its sound it is hard to find a better closed headphone with such technical performance. They are one of my favourite headphones. 

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #215 of 269

It is bright but not ear piercing. It has a tight slam in the bass but not a very impactful punchy bass. Whether you like them really depends on what sound you are used to. Also what kind of genre you are listening to. They have awesome detail and resolution and instrument separation. If you listen to bass-heavy music, that requires a lot of punch and slam you might want a sound with more body. On the other hand the sound of T70p is addictive and after a while and some getting used to its sound it is hard to find a better closed headphone with such technical performance. They are one of my favourite headphones. 

Thank you for your impressions. May I ask you how would you assess its longtime wearing comfort? At the moment I possess two sets of closed cans, Ultrasone Signature Pro and Fischer Audio FA-003Ti and I like the rather neutral sound signature of both, though giving preference to SigPros as the ones with more resolution. Unfortunately both have serious comfort issues and it's really challenging to wear them more than one hour.

As to my musical preferences, I listen to a large variety of music from ambient, IDM, dubstep to progressive rock, jazz, minimalism and classical. I suppose that T70p should suit better to jazz and classical music than dubstep. Are they universal enough to be able not killing listening pleasure if a track among others is bass heavier?

I think I should give them a try when a new credit limit will be available (never ending story).

Jun 8, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #217 of 269

Thank you for your impressions. May I ask you how would you assess its longtime wearing comfort? At the moment I possess two sets of closed cans, Ultrasone Signature Pro and Fischer Audio FA-003Ti and I like the rather neutral sound signature of both, though giving preference to SigPros as the ones with more resolution. Unfortunately both have serious comfort issues and it's really challenging to wear them more than one hour.

As to my musical preferences, I listen to a large variety of music from ambient, IDM, dubstep to progressive rock, jazz, minimalism and classical. I suppose that T70p should suit better to jazz and classical music than dubstep. Are they universal enough to be able not killing listening pleasure if a track among others is bass heavier?

I think I should give them a try when a new credit limit will be available (never ending story).

I know two other head-fiers who changed from Signature Pro to T70 becuase of wearing comfort and they are both satisfied with the T70. Signature Pro and T70(p) share the same bright signature. I would definitely say that wearing comfort on the T70(p) is great if you do not have very large ears. There isn't too much space in the depth inside the T70 but the cushion rests circumaurally. 

Regarding music genre I might suggest you should try T5p/T1 for a little more punch in the low end - if you budget allows. On the other hand if you are satisfied with EDM and dubstep when using Signature Pro then the T70p will be very close to that. 

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #218 of 269
  I know two other head-fiers who changed from Signature Pro to T70 becuase of wearing comfort and they are both satisfied with the T70. Signature Pro and T70(p) share the same bright signature. I would definitely say that wearing comfort on the T70(p) is great if you do not have very large ears. There isn't too much space in the depth inside the T70 but the cushion rests circumaurally. 

Regarding music genre I might suggest you should try T5p/T1 for a little more punch in the low end - if you budget allows. On the other hand if you are satisfied with EDM and dubstep when using Signature Pro then the T70p will be very close to that. 

I consider Signature Pro's treble rather balanced than bright sounding. So maybe T70p is what I'm looking for. Morover I find Signature Pro low freaquency response a little bit elevated to add so called "fun" factor.

Unfortunately my current budget is too short for T5p (reportedly very bass shy headphones).

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #219 of 269
I consider Signature Pro's treble rather balanced than bright sounding. So maybe T70p is what I'm looking for. Morover I find Signature Pro low freaquency response a little bit elevated to add so called "fun" factor.

Unfortunately my current budget is too short for T5p (reportedly very bass shy headphones).

Definitely not the t5p, that's the most bass shy beyer I've ever heard. The t70s comfort is a step up from the sig pros and quite a fun airy sounding can. The dt990 is also quite fun, quite V shaped which I think works quite well for dance music, electronic, classical and a few others. Definitely worth demoing both imo.

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #220 of 269
I really really liked my T70s.  They were amazingly comfortable and the sound was quite balanced, with maybe a little less bass impact.  +100 for comfort in my books.

I only got rid of them because I got some LCD-XCs.  The other headphones I'd add to your list are the Oppo PM-3s.

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #221 of 269
Definitely not the t5p, that's the most bass shy beyer I've ever heard. The t70s comfort is a step up from the sig pros and quite a fun airy sounding can. The dt990 is also quite fun, quite V shaped which I think works quite well for dance music, electronic, classical and a few others. Definitely worth demoing both imo.

I do not agree to that. To my ears the T5p is a bit more natural sounding than T70s. I do not find them bass-shy but neutral. Also I chose the T5p over the T70p after having both for some months. The T5p has a bit more body and refinement overall and just got more listening time of the two. That is not to say that there is anything wrong with T70p. They have a very addictive sound and I could listen to almost any genre on them without missing anything. But again it depends a lot on where you come from - soundwise. If you are used to bigger bass-impact it will take some time to adjust but once you get to that point you start hearing the spacy, airy and highly resoluted sound of the T70's and after that I found it difficult to appreciate darker sounding headphones. 

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #222 of 269
Decided. I'm tempted and curious enough to try T70p. As to T5p, a friend of mine has them. I once had a brief encounter with T5p but I should audition them one more time to have more impressions.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #223 of 269
The drivers look the same as the t90 and the T1.

T90

T1 

And T70

I just ordered the T70's used and sent them to Casper. He's going to do dual sided 3 pin XLR removable to 4 pin XLR. He's also going to mimic the mesh on the T90. The end result should be T90's at a fraction of the cost. 

Casper does some of the most AMAZING work ever. If you can dream up a headphone design he will make it happen and at a fair price. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #224 of 269
I accidentaly had a chance to demo T70p in a Hi-Fi shop in Frankfurt. First impressions: very detailed, airy, dry and a little bit bright sound signature, neutral and tight bass (clearly less than SigPros do), extremely comfortable (I felt they were almost non existent on my head) and not exactly rigidly built. Summing these impressions up, I bought a second hand T70p on Ebay yesterday (checking impatiently the DHL tracking site).

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #225 of 269
  I accidentaly had a chance to demo T70p in a Hi-Fi shop in Frankfurt. First impressions: very detailed, airy, dry and a little bit bright sound signature, neutral and tight bass (clearly less than SigPros do), extremely comfortable (I felt they were almost non existent on my head) and not exactly rigidly built. Summing these impressions up, I bought a second hand T70p on Ebay yesterday (checking impatiently the DHL tracking site).

I think you will like them even more once you get to spend time with them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back