First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Jun 21, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #226 of 269
Thought I'd be reviving a dead thread but I loved my T70ps while I had them (traded em for I wanted a great home setup) the detail in them is astounding (if you like the brighter sound).

https://youtu.be/9qTGRELShXE

My initial thoughts when I got them. Made the vid a long time ago but never uploaded it. Has anyone tried these on a tube amp thinking back I bet thatd really wake them up.

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #227 of 269
Speaking about amping, I will use them on the go with my temperamental AK100 Mk2, otherwise I would have bought open headphones like HD700 or HD800.

I haven't received them yet, but I'm already planning possible upgrades. Has anybody (former or actual owners of T70p) tried to replace original earpads? If so, which ones could provide better seal and maybe a little bit increase bass. If I'm not wrong, they share the cup size with T5p, T90 and Custom One Pro, but I'm not sure about DT 770, DT790 and other DT series headphones. Thanks in advance!

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #228 of 269
Sorry if I sounded rude. Of course there are situations when only closed cans can be used indoors as their sound leakage is quite limited compared to open headphones. Moreover a tube amp could give sonic benefits taming the HFs and making the overall sound a bit warmer.

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #230 of 269
Awesome pictures! I love the T70(p).

Aug 20, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #231 of 269
Mrman, how have these mods changed the sound? loving my T70p, especially with 901&minibox, can portable audio really get much better than this?

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #232 of 269
I have the chance to get these for about 270 USD.  You guys think it is worth it? My primary unit right now is the Shure 1540.  I am looking for something with a little more sparkle to compliment the 1540's which are amazing all rounder's.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #234 of 269
I just looked there and they are listed for 329.  I did end up getting them for 270, which I decided was a pretty good price as most new units cost about 330. I figure if I do not like them I can resell them for about the same price I got them for as an open-box item.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #239 of 269
Want ~2dB more bass & sub-bass? Want to cut that 8-10kHz "edginess" down a couple dB while maintaining clarity? Want to make them a little less seal and ear placement sensitive, while making them even more comfortable? Have some patience? Put some HiFiman Focus pads on your T70 and T70p.

It takes a little work getting them on, but if you're a frequent pad roller you'll be fine. I'm overjoyed with the improvement, makes their sound sig quite unique.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #240 of 269
Want ~2dB more bass & sub-bass? Want to cut that 8-10kHz "edginess" down a couple dB while maintaining clarity? Want to make them a little less seal and ear placement sensitive, while making them even more comfortable? Have some patience? Put some HiFiman Focus pads on your T70 and T70p.

It takes a little work getting them on, but if you're a frequent pad roller you'll be fine. I'm overjoyed with the improvement, makes their sound sig quite unique.

I'll have to try this... any tips on separating the focus pads from the glued plastic mounting clip? There seems to be a Brainwavz version of the Focus pads, wonder if they'd work the same way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZGGG3KY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back