Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 3, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #8,957 of 11,644
Selling your FInal B1 Already?:sweat_smile:

Don't like them?
Yes, they are for sale. I do like them, but my Fearless S8F has slightly better resolution and mids. If I want real good bass, I have the E5000. So, the B1 is a very pleasant IEM, but not the all-rounder I awaited. I actually hoped to get rid of S8F and E5000 after getting the B1. Once more, the B1 has good and tight bass, clear and present mids and nice treble, but it does not beat or equal the S8F and E5000 at their own game.

If someone is interested in a new B1:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/final-audio-b1-hybrid-dd-1ba-new.912171/

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #8,958 of 11,644
I sold my E4000 after missing depth too much, I tried the E5000 after but has the same problem. Its shame because these earphones are great value for money and if it wasnt for the 2D sound I wouldn't have purchased the IE800S again.
Treble sparkle and soundstage depth are the only things I miss from my E5K!

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #8,959 of 11,644
9A8D88DE-A37D-4BDB-8A01-0FB55E2F9223.jpeg
My humble Final Audio B1 review

Sorry to take so long in this review as I'm busy with work schedule also in my other commitments.

I'm honored & thankful to Final Audio to send me their latest B-series iems to review. I'm no way affiliated with them, Final Audio send me review unit and I got to return back to them. They just want my honest & unbiased reviews.

I'm quite a big fan of Final Audio's flagship FI-BA-SS & hold high regard of them and till now I still considered them to be the very best iems I heard so far. It's amazing what Final Audio had achieved with just a single vented BA driver, that's amazing!

The review unit does not comes with a retail box, so I can't comment much on the packaging. It comes with a cute little rubber holder & house the Final Audio B1 inside.

I use Astell & Kern AK240 for this review. On my initial listening, it still retain Final Audio house sound which is lush, spacious and very detailed. It's that sound that I'm familiar with & admire. I heard some people saying Final Audio trying out something new with B-series but I feel they still stay true to their roots (the only difference might be Final Audio attempt for multiple drivers in B1, is that what they meant?).

I feel however their tuning had slightly change, bass became more heavy (a tad too bassy for my liking) and the sibilance had gone (FI-BA-SS had such issues), the high pitch had quite a massive tone down.

The midrange is the main show in this B1, very organic (Final Audio's trademark), addictive and very seductive especially listening to female vocals.

Conclusion : besides it's beautiful, classy and well made housing (it's looks like a precious jewelry) very capable iem that are really well worth its price point at US$600 I believe it can rival most other iems at this price point, no doubts about that. Also cables are very well made as well and users will be glad that it's user replaceable MMCX connectors.

Aug 6, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #8,960 of 11,644
Aug 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #8,961 of 11,644
The bass tightens up with extended play time on the B1.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #8,962 of 11,644
It could have been my words :) happy E5000 owner too

Have only started the game earlier this year, started off with a few pairs of chi-fi iems to get warmed up, then got my first ever DAP FiiO M11 and then the E5000 (also bought the 4.4 cable from Final). Have to say that E5000 are always my go-to iems when I just want to kick back and enjoy some music. The chi-fi iems I own feature various combination and numbers of drivers but none come close when it comes to the overall combination of comfort, timbre, soundstage and musicality of the E5000. Surely there are more expensive iems out there that probably can outperform the E5000 in all aspects but I do find them unbeatable considering how much they cost.

One minor hiccup which I have been experiencing lately is that the left bud occasionally loses sound and need some force at the MMCX joint to restore the sound. Any E5000 user who is experiencing the same problem and found an easy fix for it?

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #8,963 of 11,644
That’s one of the reasons I don’t wear the E5000 with the cables down. I don’t like how it tugs on the IEM at the connection point. Definitely prefer the softer ear hooks though, especially with the E5000.

Aug 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #8,965 of 11,644
Have only started the game earlier this year, started off with a few pairs of chi-fi iems to get warmed up, then got my first ever DAP FiiO M11 and then the E5000 (also bought the 4.4 cable from Final). Have to say that E5000 are always my go-to iems when I just want to kick back and enjoy some music. The chi-fi iems I own feature various combination and numbers of drivers but none come close when it comes to the overall combination of comfort, timbre, soundstage and musicality of the E5000. Surely there are more expensive iems out there that probably can outperform the E5000 in all aspects but I do find them unbeatable considering how much they cost.

One minor hiccup which I have been experiencing lately is that the left bud occasionally loses sound and need some force at the MMCX joint to restore the sound. Any E5000 user who is experiencing the same problem and found an easy fix for it?

I had this problem with the new B3. I removed the cable and used Kontak cleaner to thoroughly clean the connection on both sides. This worked for awhile, but the problem reappeared. I then tried doing what you did which was to push the connection together with a bit more force, but again, it turned out to be a temporary fix. Final is sending me a new cable under its warranty.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #8,967 of 11,644
I had this problem with the new B3. I removed the cable and used Kontak cleaner to thoroughly clean the connection on both sides. This worked for awhile, but the problem reappeared. I then tried doing what you did which was to push the connection together with a bit more force, but again, it turned out to be a temporary fix. Final is sending me a new cable under its warranty.

Good idea. The cable is still under warranty, will see if I can get a replacement from Final as well. Thanks for your advice.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #8,968 of 11,644
My video review of the Final Audio B1 IEMs is live now! :)

I’ve followed your posts in this and the IE 800 thread for awhile now, so it’s nice to put a face to the name.

Aug 12, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #8,969 of 11,644
I’ve followed your posts in this and the IE 800 thread for awhile now, so it’s nice to put a face to the name.

Thank you!

I would say that my face in those videos is slightly different from my current face though lol, I have a slightly different haircut in the last series of videos, which will be processed in 2-3 weeks :) \

Hopefully I will look a bit younger... :)

Aug 12, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #8,970 of 11,644
So, i just finish the review of my favorite Final Audio B model wich is the B3.

You can take a look on headfi or my Review Blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back