Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 12, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #8,971 of 11,644
Have only started the game earlier this year, started off with a few pairs of chi-fi iems to get warmed up, then got my first ever DAP FiiO M11 and then the E5000 (also bought the 4.4 cable from Final). Have to say that E5000 are always my go-to iems when I just want to kick back and enjoy some music. The chi-fi iems I own feature various combination and numbers of drivers but none come close when it comes to the overall combination of comfort, timbre, soundstage and musicality of the E5000. Surely there are more expensive iems out there that probably can outperform the E5000 in all aspects but I do find them unbeatable considering how much they cost.

One minor hiccup which I have been experiencing lately is that the left bud occasionally loses sound and need some force at the MMCX joint to restore the sound. Any E5000 user who is experiencing the same problem and found an easy fix for it?

Did it happen with included cable?

Because this only happen with other type of cable to me....as if it can't connect tigher enough.

And yeah, I adore E5000 too and alsways find chifi timbre artificial or rough compared to those sweet buttery E5000! (i own at least 50 pairs of chifi iem!)

Aug 12, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #8,972 of 11,644
My humble Final Audio B1 review

Sorry to take so long in this review as I'm busy with work schedule also in my other commitments.

I'm honored & thankful to Final Audio to send me their latest B-series iems to review. I'm no way affiliated with them, Final Audio send me review unit and I got to return back to them. They just want my honest & unbiased reviews.

I'm quite a big fan of Final Audio's flagship FI-BA-SS & hold high regard of them and till now I still considered them to be the very best iems I heard so far. It's amazing what Final Audio had achieved with just a single vented BA driver, that's amazing!

The review unit does not comes with a retail box, so I can't comment much on the packaging. It comes with a cute little rubber holder & house the Final Audio B1 inside.

I use Astell & Kern AK240 for this review. On my initial listening, it still retain Final Audio house sound which is lush, spacious and very detailed. It's that sound that I'm familiar with & admire. I heard some people saying Final Audio trying out something new with B-series but I feel they still stay true to their roots (the only difference might be Final Audio attempt for multiple drivers in B1, is that what they meant?).

I feel however their tuning had slightly change, bass became more heavy (a tad too bassy for my liking) and the sibilance had gone (FI-BA-SS had such issues), the high pitch had quite a massive tone down.

The midrange is the main show in this B1, very organic (Final Audio's trademark), addictive and very seductive especially listening to female vocals.

Conclusion : besides it's beautiful, classy and well made housing (it's looks like a precious jewelry) very capable iem that are really well worth its price point at US$600 I believe it can rival most other iems at this price point, no doubts about that. Also cables are very well made as well and users will be glad that it's user replaceable MMCX connectors.

What the heck....thats a...review?

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #8,973 of 11,644
I am looking for a fast, clear, and detailed in-ears.... mostly neutral... and, ideally, well extended (in lows and highs).

I am not a big fan of mid bass (I find too aggressive and distracting). I much prefer deep, sub bass... for atmosphere... as I listen to a lot of ambient electronic (no vocals) music.

Which Final Audio in-ears would you suggest? I have been looking at the F4100 and the E5000, and I am also considering the Etymotic ER4XR.

Opinions?

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #8,974 of 11,644
Well, F4100 will not suit you in term of sub bass (ER4XR too)....but its ultra supremely fast...wich question me about this unique need you have...more their sub bass, more their risk attack speed is affected IMO

Seriously, E5000 is excellent and the best of the 3 you look at, sub bass will give you plenty of atmosphere and the mid range is luscious, addictive, especially for vocal. Perhaps the B2 can be interesting as well (compared to F4100 and ER4XR), i find them sounding more like a dynamic driver than single BA. Will come back with more impressions soon. Hum, but still, E5000 might be the answer.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #8,976 of 11,644
Did it happen with included cable?

Because this only happen with other type of cable to me....as if it can't connect tigher enough.

And yeah, I adore E5000 too and alsways find chifi timbre artificial or rough compared to those sweet buttery E5000! (i own at least 50 pairs of chifi iem!)

It happened with the stock cable and the Final 4.4 cable which I purchased separately from the local vendor. The problem is intermittent so not really a great issue. Has not happened once during the listening time over the past weekend.

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #8,978 of 11,644
I am looking for a fast, clear, and detailed in-ears.... mostly neutral... and, ideally, well extended (in lows and highs).

I am not a big fan of mid bass (I find too aggressive and distracting). I much prefer deep, sub bass... for atmosphere... as I listen to a lot of ambient electronic (no vocals) music.

Which Final Audio in-ears would you suggest? I have been looking at the F4100 and the E5000, and I am also considering the Etymotic ER4XR.

Opinions?

how about the new B3 with two BAs? fast and clear are not really the strength of E5000 (don't get me wrong, i absolutely adore the E5000 for its timbre, well textured bass and sweet female vocal).

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #8,980 of 11,644

Opinions?

I'd go with B3 from your words

But just to check whether we're on the same page, what did you use so far, and what were your thoughts about it?

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #8,981 of 11,644
hehe, in fact, he need the B3 wit sub bass of E5000 (faster version)....lets ask final adding the E5000 dd in the B3 ahah

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #8,982 of 11,644
I'd go with B3 from your words

Thank you all for your help!

I am looking for a small (I have small ear canals) single driver in-ears.

I own a pair of Grado GR8e (musical, well balanced, comfy, but slow) and a pair of Earsonic Velvet 2 (well extended, musical, detailed.... but not convenient). I find multiple drivers (that go up, around the ear) big and less convenient and practical (to put on and off).

I might be looking for the impossible: well-extended both ways, clear & fast & detailed, with some degree of sub bass (without mid-bass boost).

Aug 13, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #8,983 of 11,644
After reflection, the most important to me is:

small tips, single driver (can be worn cable down), clarity, frequency extension (in lows and highs) & detail (speed is not as important). And again... no mid-bass boost.

music: ambient instrumental (no vocals) electronic.

thanks for helping me find the right in-ears

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #8,984 of 11,644
After reflection, the most important to me is:

small tips, single driver (can be worn cable down), clarity, frequency extension (in lows and highs) & detail (speed is not as important). And again... no mid-bass boost.

music: ambient instrumental (no vocals) electronic.

thanks for helping me find the right in-ears
Final E4000 I'd say from what you're asking there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back