Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #8,986 of 11,640
Interesting. why the E4000 over the E5000?

Well, you keep saying that you don't want an overblown midbass and that you want good extension both in the treble and the bass, and well, E5000 has more treble roll off than E4000, and has more midbass, where E4000 is more natural and neutral than E5000, so I would guess it would suit your needs better.

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #8,989 of 11,640
So, i just finish the review of my favorite Final Audio B model wich is the B3.

You can take a look on headfi or my Review Blog

So I keep saying that my final B series favorite is B3 as well :)

I invite you to check my video review of it! :)

The B3 is very nice, I scored it the same as the B1. Each will sound great with the right type of music.

For me, I give the edge to the B1, but it is primarily due to the aesthetics. Plus, I like the extra bass. :L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #8,990 of 11,640
The B3 is very nice, I scored it the same as the B1. Each will sound great with the right type of music.

For me, I give the edge to the B1, but it is primarily due to the aesthetics. Plus, I like the extra bass. :L3000:

I like them all, no doubt, and well, while I like the gold mirror plating, B1 make me more paranoid about accidental scratching....anyway, its really how the housing is sculpted that fascinate me and whole B serie have same fabulous shape.

I'm not even sure I burn them in enough too.

I find the B1 warmer and more laid back, and as I listen to lot of classical its like if B3 was targeted for my preference hehe

PS: in my next review I will compare B1 to DITA TWIN FEALTY.

Aug 15, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #8,991 of 11,640
Final Audio FI-BA-A1 and (especially) FI-BA-SB are two of my all time favorite IEMs - I distinctly remember (even though its been like 7 years since I last heard either) them having a wonderfully mesmerizing sound, a fairly wide soundstage and just being overall exceptional IEMs. They were infact perfect IEM's as far as I'm concerned (except the cables - god they were awful - with both IEMs the cable broke in under 2 years of purchase and the IEMs were dead or I probably would've still been using them).

I even remember testing out FI-BA-SS at Jaben Singapore (best music store ever!) and they were unsurprisingly incredible but for me the difference in sound wasn't worth the difference in price between the respective IEMs (also didn't help that they were well beyond my budget)

Anyways, since then I am no longer in Singapore (Vancouver, Canada) and I'm not aware of any stores which carries and/or will let me test out the new Final Audio IEMs like Jaben did.

So for those in the know, my question to you is: What other Final Audio IEMs (or other IEMs/Headphones) should I look to purchase for my next buy? How do the E4000/E5000 compare with the A1/SB? Or how does the B series compare (even though it doesn't seem like the B series is sold in Canada yet - on Amazon anyways) to the A1/SB?

Note: I've been carrying ATH M50X since my SB died and while these have been great, they too are in dire need of replacement. I generally prefer headphones to IEMs (more comfortable imo) but if I can get the Final Audio sound back with another IEM, I will happily switch back to an IEM again in an instant.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all! Cheers~

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #8,992 of 11,640
Aug 16, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #8,993 of 11,640
I just picked up a pair of the E1000 Final Audio IEM's. They were like 26 bucks on Sale. I have been into the cheap chi-fi stuff for a couple years now, many of the KZ. Then the some of the TRN's but, I gotta say.... the Final E1000's have a better sound than most of those others. The KZ ZS10 Pro are the only ones I really feel like sound "right" and even they have some issues here and there... but, so far outside of being a bit lite on sub bass the e1000s things sound correct.

While the sound stage isn't huge - the imaging is spot good. Never bright - but they are airy (dac contributes to this). The separation leaves much to be desired but, they are cheap single drivers. I feel like timbre is pretty spot on, overall sound is good. They just get a little sloppy with songs with lots going on, feels squished together sorta goes back to separation. But again at this price - what does one expect.

I do believe it's the same DD driver they use in all the "E" series. I could be wrong but, from what I could tell they were all 6.4mm with a OHM reading within 2 of each other. 14 - 16. The plastic housing feel cheap, but they are light and can't even tell they in your ears.

One last thing - for whatever reason these things can handle the POWER. Looking at the numbers I wouldn't have thought they would be so hard to drive but... the DAC in my LGv30 in Full open mode really isn't enough. I find myself at full volume wanting more. They are the only IEM's I currently own that command that sort of power. I connected them to my Liquid Spark and they were right at home. Never felt like it was too much, in high gain mode I was getting up to around 11 o clock on the dial. I also tried them on my Fiio 10k and that was just enough. 90% is where they were at home with that DAC. So I am blown away by the power handling of these little guys.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts on the E1000s

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #8,994 of 11,640
I just picked up a pair of the E1000 Final Audio IEM's. They were like 26 bucks on Sale. I have been into the cheap chi-fi stuff for a couple years now, many of the KZ. Then the some of the TRN's but, I gotta say.... the Final E1000's have a better sound than most of those others. The KZ ZS10 Pro are the only ones I really feel like sound "right" and even they have some issues here and there... but, so far outside of being a bit lite on sub bass the e1000s things sound correct.

While the sound stage isn't huge - the imaging is spot good. Never bright - but they are airy (dac contributes to this). The separation leaves much to be desired but, they are cheap single drivers. I feel like timbre is pretty spot on, overall sound is good. They just get a little sloppy with songs with lots going on, feels squished together sorta goes back to separation. But again at this price - what does one expect.

I do believe it's the same DD driver they use in all the "E" series. I could be wrong but, from what I could tell they were all 6.4mm with a OHM reading within 2 of each other. 14 - 16. The plastic housing feel cheap, but they are light and can't even tell they in your ears.

One last thing - for whatever reason these things can handle the POWER. Looking at the numbers I wouldn't have thought they would be so hard to drive but... the DAC in my LGv30 in Full open mode really isn't enough. I find myself at full volume wanting more. They are the only IEM's I currently own that command that sort of power. I connected them to my Liquid Spark and they were right at home. Never felt like it was too much, in high gain mode I was getting up to around 11 o clock on the dial. I also tried them on my Fiio 10k and that was just enough. 90% is where they were at home with that DAC. So I am blown away by the power handling of these little guys.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts on the E1000s
The E1000 is the ideal IEM to commute, as long as Wireless is not a requirement. Treble is inoffensive, bass is pretty good and mids are full enough. Great deal at USD 30.-. Period.

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #8,996 of 11,640
I am looking for a fast, clear, and detailed in-ears.... mostly neutral... and, ideally, well extended (in lows and highs).

I am not a big fan of mid bass (I find too aggressive and distracting). I much prefer deep, sub bass... for atmosphere... as I listen to a lot of ambient electronic (no vocals) music.

Which Final Audio in-ears would you suggest? I have been looking at the F4100 and the E5000, and I am also considering the Etymotic ER4XR.

Opinions?

Seriously consider the original model IE800.

Aug 19, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #8,997 of 11,640
After reflection, the most important to me is:

small tips, single driver (can be worn cable down), clarity, frequency extension (in lows and highs) & detail (speed is not as important). And again... no mid-bass boost.

music: ambient instrumental (no vocals) electronic.

thanks for helping me find the right in-ears

After reading this, again definitely IE800, thanks me later.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #9,000 of 11,640
Interesting. I did consider the Senn IE800. But they were over my budget and without detachable cables.

When you say the 'original,' you mean the IE800 as opposed to the IE800S?

I have found a demo unit for half the price... but I am a bit worried about buying a demo pair.

Yeah it sounds like you would prefer the original over S version. (i had them both)

Single driver, totl detail and resolution, amazing bass and treble extension, fast effortless open sound. well worth the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back