Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #8,508 of 11,644
Still enjoy the E4000 and will never depart from them.
Soft musicality with natural timbre and bodied bass and mids...masterfull tuning really!
Must admit i've never been as fascinated and obsess about an audio company, once you enter this Final Audio universe....there so much thing to discover inside and outside there iem! Like, this article:https://snext-final.com/en/acoustics/

Oh, and I review the E4000, but really, i just wanna say give it a listen....too hard to describe subtle beauty of this type of soundsignature, its unique, wich mean: precious too. I underline that proper amping is needed to expend soundstage...but i discover this lately as I love them directly out of enough powerfull Xduoo X20.https://nobsaudiophile.wordpress.co...n-balance-of-seductive-and-tender-musicality/

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #8,510 of 11,644
Very similar just better cable. ..

No my friend did this for me
I think I prefer stock cable for sound and comfort :) but unfortunately stock
cable has disintegrated :frowning2:
Probably I will try again with another cable :)

Your friend is good! I think the silver cable is needed or like spc. Copper maybe too warm...

Really wanted to get mine reterminate for 4.4 balance or least 2.5mm

Mar 1, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #8,511 of 11,644
I'm surprised at how surprisingly sensitive the E4000 is to cable swapping. I just switched from the fairly nice LZ A4 upgrade balanced cable I had lying around, to a cheaper FiiO balanced cable (RC-MMXC2B), and the treble response on the cheaper cable is much smoother, oddly enough. Goes to show you, I don't know a damn thing about cables. But I'm probably going to upgrade to a SPC balanced FiiO cable if I ever invest in the E5000.

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #8,513 of 11,644
No my friend did this for me
I think I prefer stock cable for sound and comfort :) but unfortunately stock
cable has disintegrated :frowning2:
Probably I will try again with another cable :)
That is a shame because it looks very good. It is a copper/silver hybrid cable, if I see correctly? I would have thought that would work well, since in my experience they don't change the signature too much, but perhaps the Piano Forte is more tricky in its pairing. Do you know what material the stock cable was?

Mar 2, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #8,514 of 11,644
Okay, so if you wanted to know some things about Sonorus VI. Those are my first impressions. They were driven from a multitude of high-end sources.

- Build quality is amazing, I mean, fully metallic headphones, they look and feel absolutely beast.
- The comfort is good, although the ear pads are a bit small for my ears, and they are quite a bit heavy. Still, I can't say I had any comfort issues, after I placed them on my head, I forgot about them.
- The original cable is very nice, very flexible and soft, long enough for practical usages. Changing the cable may require some special cables, since it has a unique locking mechanism.
- They are ajustable, and swivel enough to fit practically any head
- Now, the sound is unique. This is the least I can say. Or rather, I should tell a little story.
- So, I started listening to Sonorus VI and I was a little in shock. The sound is extremely aggressive, rough, and quite bright. For me, it didn't work with anything from electronic, pop, Jazz, or commercial music. In fact, I was wondering how could they work with anything, the soundstage is a bit intimate, and everything is a touch compressed. Then, I tought to myself, half jockingly, that I should put on some Grindcore to see how they pair with the most aggressive music in the world. I couldn't believe my ears, how amazing the experience was, how direct, vivid and clear. Then I continued with some SOAD (System Of A Dawn), and man, everything was practically walking through the headphones right into my head. My first instictual sensation was to headbang, and that was on instinct. Then I tried them with something more Rock-ish, like Linkin Park, and once again, they sounded so amazing, so live, so open and so freaking good. The textures in the guitars were so vivid and so vibrant, everything was right in your face, but in a good way, exactly as if standing in the first line of a live metal concert. Amon Amarth, or even something on the mellow side, like Baby Metal, simply sounded sublime. Rob Zombie's music was magical, aggressive, rough, direct, and as metal should be, really really punchy and impressive.
- Sonorus VI has a very very unique tuning, slightly reminding me of IE800, but much more textured in the midrange and treble.
- The Sub bass is extremely strong, very powerful and punchy, they literally vibrate with sub-bass.
- The main bass and upper bass is much more relaxed, so they have a much smaller body than they have raw impact from the bass
- The midrange is extremely textured and aggressive, forward and detailed. In fact, the detail dominates a lot in all songs, they basically reveal too much for electronic or pop music, that music isn't made to be this forward and aggressive.
- Violins will be very aggressive, trumpets will punch you, and guitar solos will speak directly to your soul, stripping you of your flesh and material existence.
- Male voices sound strong and powerful, while female voices sound crystaline.
- The treble is very bright, very forward, very well extended. Not a huge soundstage, but instead, they rely on a forward overall signature.
- Not very hard to drive, but scales well with good sources
- Now, I wouldn't recommend them for anything but metal music. I simply can't. They are so aggressive, it is hard for me to recommend them with typical music, unless you're a detail and a forward / aggressive presentation addict.
- They are absolutely beautiful with metal, and since metal makes at least 50% of my listneing, I really like them. Still, if you don't listen to metal, better take a quick listen before getting a pair, the presentation is really unique and the kind of detail they have is very rare.

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #8,517 of 11,644
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #8,519 of 11,644
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #8,520 of 11,644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back