Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 9, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #8,521 of 11,642
Have anyone tried the new AT's CK2000Ti?
Lachlan recommended it as a "natural upgrade" from people that loves the E5000

Mar 9, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #8,522 of 11,642
Have anyone tried the new AT's CK2000Ti?
Lachlan recommended it as a "natural upgrade" from people that loves the E5000

Err, i have tried it before. I dont think that it is considered as neutral. It is super bright and i can even say that some highs is piercing for me. Bass is very weak. Unless the demo unit that i hav tried is faulty. Because what Lachlan said is totally opposite from what I have heard

I think I should say it this way. My memory is E4000 is brighter one compared to E5000. E5000 for me, i consider it to be a darker earphone. CK2000ti is even brighter than E4000, therefore i really dunno how it is related to E5000.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #8,523 of 11,642
IMG_20190310_085128-01.jpeg

Mar 10, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #8,524 of 11,642
Hey guys, yesterday I went to join an event held by Yodobashi Camera (A big chained electronic shop in Japan) in Yokohama.
Basically, that shop is collaborating with Final to have a special event which is limited to 30 people only. In the event, the attendees are given a chance to assembly an earphone name as TANE under the guidance of Final staffs.

It was NOT FREE though, it cost me 6980 yen which is around USD65, and that was my first experience which I felt to be pretty fun. Here I attach some photos to share!

Supplied item.png
These are what supplied in the event.
A: A tray with a pincet (Exactly same as what being supplied by MAKE series), filter paster, toothpick (Dont know for what though)
B: A box of E-type ear tips
C: Assembly set which includes the unassembled TANE, a set of sound tuning filters, double-sided tape
D: Manual with step-by-step guide and tuning guide

As the class is only set for 50min which is almost enough time for a first-time learner to deal with it, too bad I did not have time to take more photo during the session. :frowning2:

Tane.png
So this is the TANE. Simple design.
A: The dynamic driver. Around 8mm I guess?
B: Rear stainless steel housing with thread
C: Front stainless steel housing with inner thread, work like a screw and nut between B and C
D: Silicone ear tips (Mine though, the supplied are Black)

Something I like about this TANE is, it's like MAKE series, I can tune the sound myself by changing the filters.

Treble 1.png
Changing the front filters affect the Highs

Treble 2.png
Changing the sponge inside the nozzle affect both Highs and Lows. Stronger Highs lead to weaker Lows, Weaker Highes lead to stronger Lows.

Upper Bass control.png
There is a tiny hole at the back of Dynamic driver for air movement I guess. Changing the filter here affect the Mid and Upper Bass. Punchiness

Sub Bass.png
And lastly another filter right at the vent internal which control the sub-bass. It is said that better air movement in the housing bring us stronger sub-bass. Adding filters in the vent limit the air movement which also limit the Dynamic driver diaphragm movement and therefore weaker sub-bass.

Just sharing my experience though. We are told that Final actually has their distributors holding events like this in other countries as well. If there is one around your place, dont miss it. It is pretty fun. If Final is making others with a different model, I would definitely joining again, as long as it is not too far away from my home.

So, another tunable earphone into collection. Yay!
TANE2.png

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #8,525 of 11,642
Hey guys, yesterday I went to join an event held by Yodobashi Camera (A big chained electronic shop in Japan) in Yokohama.
Basically, that shop is collaborating with Final to have a special event which is limited to 30 people only. In the event, the attendees are given a chance to assembly an earphone name as TANE under the guidance of Final staffs.

It was NOT FREE though, it cost me 6980 yen which is around USD65, and that was my first experience which I felt to be pretty fun. Here I attach some photos to share!

A: A tray with a pincet (Exactly same as what being supplied by MAKE series), filter paster, toothpick (Dont know for what though)
C: Assembly set which includes the unassembled TANE, a set of sound tuning filters, double-sided tape

As the class is only set for 50min which is almost enough time for a first-time learner to deal with it, too bad I did not have time to take more photo during the session. :frowning2:

C: Front stainless steel housing with inner thread, work like a screw and nut between B and C

Something I like about this TANE is, it's like MAKE series, I can tune the sound myself by changing the filters.

Changing the sponge inside the nozzle affect both Highs and Lows. Stronger Highs lead to weaker Lows, Weaker Highes lead to stronger Lows.

There is a tiny hole at the back of Dynamic driver for air movement I guess. Changing the filter here affect the Mid and Upper Bass. Punchiness

And lastly another filter right at the vent internal which control the sub-bass. It is said that better air movement in the housing bring us stronger sub-bass. Adding filters in the vent limit the air movement which also limit the Dynamic driver diaphragm movement and therefore weaker sub-bass.

Just sharing my experience though. We are told that Final actually has their distributors holding events like this in other countries as well. If there is one around your place, dont miss it. It is pretty fun. If Final is making others with a different model, I would definitely joining again, as long as it is not too far away from my home.

楽しそう

Looks a little like the FI-BA-SS to me

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #8,526 of 11,642

I've attended a workshop couple of years ago with Adagio V body and BA driver (not sold in that combination as a product).
Tooth pick was explained that you can cut it short and put it beneath the front filter.
It has certain effect to the sound.
I don't know if it was intended like that for Tané this time, but there is option to be used like that.

Btw, TANE which I think to be read "Tah-Neh" meaning "seed (種)" probably to make fans of earphones by assembly events acting like a seed, couldn't be read correctly by English speakers, probably many people pronounce it as "tain". It reminds me of DENON, originally intended as to be read Den-On (電音=Electric Sound) (which is impossible in English) and it was pronounced in Japanese like that, but finally changed its Japanese company name to standard English pronunciation "Deh-Non" (which doesn't mean anything in Japanese) after years.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #8,527 of 11,642
As the E serie self-proclamed number ONE FAN on earth...
200.webp

...I FINALly have my hand on the cheapest Final Audio iem (on earth) the E1000.

To put it simple, its like a 10$ cheaper E2000 with more fowards vocal and more airy soundstage but less full bodied bass. In order of preference for me its E4000-E2000-E1000-E3000

And its very impressive to get this type of balanced sound for such a low price.
P3050880.JPG P3050879.JPG

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #8,528 of 11,642
Looks a little like the FI-BA-SS to me

Personally prefer FIBASS round and mirror finishing though. Little silver bullet!

I've attended a workshop couple of years ago with Adagio V body and BA driver (not sold in that combination as a product).
Tooth pick was explained that you can cut it short and put it beneath the front filter.
It has certain effect to the sound.
I don't know if it was intended like that for Tané this time, but there is option to be used like that.

Btw, TANE which I think to be read "Tah-Neh" meaning "seed (種)" probably to make fans of earphones by assembly events acting like a seed, couldn't be read correctly by English speakers, probably many people pronounce it as "tain". It reminds me of DENON, originally intended as to be read Den-On (電音=Electric Sound) (which is impossible in English) and it was pronounced in Japanese like that, but finally changed its Japanese company name to standard English pronunciation "Deh-Non" (which doesn't mean anything in Japanese) after years.

Adagio with BA. That is interesting! Oh yeah, it is indeed Japanese tah-neh. But I think english TANE sounds cooler?

Omg, I din know that Denon origin was actually as you mentioned. Learnt something new. Thanks!

200.webp

To put it simple, its like a 10$ cheaper E2000 with more fowards vocal and more airy soundstage but less full bodied bass. In order of preference for me its E4000-E2000-E1000-E3000

Excluding E4000 since it has price from different league, I guess my preference is E3000>E1000>E2000.

I have been using E1000 recently, really like its sound with cheap price. Btw, nice Red color version!

Mar 13, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #8,529 of 11,642

And its very impressive to get this type of balanced sound for such a low price.
I just got an E1000 last week and I totally agree with your opinion of them.
I love their more mid-forward tuning, but their lack of low bass and somewhat harsh treble keeps them from being a perfect 10.
But for only $29 bucks, they are stupid good for the money!!

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #8,530 of 11,642
I just got an E1000 last week and I totally agree with your opinion of them.
I love their more mid-forward tuning, but their lack of low bass and somewhat harsh treble keeps them from being a perfect 10.
But for only $29 bucks, they are stupid good for the money!!

Yeah, this type of mature tuning for such low price is so refreshing and a great alternative from boomy or overly coloured sounding iem.
I consider the E1000 as the brighter one in E serie, but im not treble sensitive....due to my listening of numerous harsh sounding chinese iem perhaps, i find all final audio quite smooth sounding in fact.
Bass is more mid centric, E2000 feel more controled on lower end, but separation of bass and mids of E1000 is extremely impressive for the price.

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #8,531 of 11,642
Another E1000 user here, I found the treble and upper mids smooth myself, although it isn't to the degree of the E4000 (the only other Final IEM I've tried). I use these as a beater on the go because I know I'm not losing too much from what I use at my desk, they're just that pleasing to listen to.

What do you all think of their isolation, though? I find them to be decent enough for my purposes, but the shape doesn't seem all that great for blocking out sound.

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #8,532 of 11,642
Anyone owns fh5 and e4000? Is there a big difference of the e4000 imaging or how precise intruments placement are compares to the fh5? I love the fh5 tuning but imaging is kind of lost at times :/

Is it worth getting the e4000 for soundstage? Or are there any other recommendations around 150$ that has out of head soundstage. Im planning to keep fh5 and get another iem for videos and gaming. (Btw, i could've get a gaming headset but my ears aren't made for headphones, ears stick out like wings) btw, i dont need it to be hall like soundstage, i just needed it to be a little out of head and really precise sound positional?.. imaging or somethng..yea

I really like to hear music above my head, below my chest, front and back. With fh5 it feels more left and right only

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #8,533 of 11,642
Anyone owns fh5 and e4000? Is there a big difference of the e4000 imaging or how precise intruments placement are compares to the fh5? I love the fh5 tuning but imaging is kind of lost at times :/

Is it worth getting the e4000 for soundstage? Or are there any other recommendations around 150$ that has out of head soundstage. Im planning to keep fh5 and get another iem for videos and gaming. (Btw, i could've get a gaming headset but my ears aren't made for headphones, ears stick out like wings) btw, i dont need it to be hall like soundstage, i just needed it to be a little out of head and really precise sound positional?.. imaging or somethng..yea

I really like to hear music above my head, below my chest, front and back. With fh5 it feels more left and right only

E4000 should be a bit better.

Do you want a warm IEM?

Because if you can do with something more neutral, there's IT01S from iBasso and BGVP DM6

Mar 14, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #8,534 of 11,642
Impulse purchase on the FI-BA-SS but really glad I did it. The final's statement, "We, however, would like to create earphones and headphones that people have an affinity for and continue to use in much the same way they have with a mechanical wristwatch, the kind that will be valued as an antique in the future." has won me over. And the looks of it really attracted me especially as a full package. I would like to keep it as a collection or antique. (since it's discontinued?) The build quality should hold up and I'm usually not an iem or earbud person but so far i'm enjoying it.

FinalSS.jpg

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #8,535 of 11,642
I just received mu E2000 yesterday. After listening to them during 2 hours, all I can say is What. How can these little things sound that good and have that bass!!! for 40€!!! Like others, I became addictive to these earphones. I want to listen to all the music I have with them
I can't imagine how good would be E4000 and E5000. The E2000 is definitely an incredible value and certainly one of the best under 50$.
I started looking at E4000. Is the sound similar to E2000 but with removable cable? or there is a significant upgrade in the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back