Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #8,491 of 11,644
Man, entering Final Audio Design world from the first little door of the E2000 is near a life changing experience, in term of audiophile value....so much a bargain forthe perfectly tuned sound it give. Not sure I will be able to listen to V shape or over coloured iem after this. Coming for chi-fi, it sure is a shock. And an listening teaching!

I just write a too long review...was too enthusiast I guess. Or perhaps not enough?
For people hesitating to take the plunge into more expensive Final audio product, give it a read as i'm mustly obsess about price value in termof sound quality.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-audio-e2000.22680/

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #8,492 of 11,644
Man, entering Final Audio Design world from the first little door of the E2000 is near a life changing experience, in term of audiophile value....so much a bargain forthe perfectly tuned sound it give. Not sure I will be able to listen to V shape or over coloured iem after this. Coming for chi-fi, it sure is a shock. And an listening teaching!

I just write a too long review...was too enthusiast I guess. Or perhaps not enough?
For people hesitating to take the plunge into more expensive Final audio product, give it a read as i'm mustly obsess about price value in termof sound quality.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-audio-e2000.22680/

Nice review! Thank you for sharing your opinion.
E2000 is indeed a very phenomenal IEM with its price. I was pretty sinister with its quality when final released it (somehow the impression where final only make super expensive thing was too strong), but when I tried it for the first time, I simply could not believe that it is an IEM that cost less than 4k yen. Really love how balanced it sounds, all frequency ranges are presented with high clarity.

Feb 22, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #8,493 of 11,644
Nice review! Thank you for sharing your opinion.
E2000 is indeed a very phenomenal IEM with its price. I was pretty sinister with its quality when final released it (somehow the impression where final only make super expensive thing was too strong), but when I tried it for the first time, I simply could not believe that it is an IEM that cost less than 4k yen. Really love how balanced it sounds, all frequency ranges are presented with high clarity.

Exactly: balanced, clear but not too bright at all. Must of time, I have this type of sound imaging with lot of quirks and some frequencies range being too coloured either with some bass bleed, some mids harshness, or highs inconsistency, this E2000 are tuned like musical studio monitor (with the exception of upper highs being gently smoothed, but not drastically at all as I consider details retrieval excellent too). Sure, construction is average, but I think all investment go into the phenomenal tiny drivers. Really curious about the E1000 now!

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #8,494 of 11,644
I just got my E4000 and immediately got it plugged into my Shanling DAP. I’m running them balanced and with Spiral Dots. I gotta say, even at this barely burnt-in stage, it’s a fantastic pairing with the M5s. And I don’t even need the EQ anymore! Every part of the FR comes through, and separation is great from the balanced port.

Super happy here. I can only imagine better things for E5000 owners who are looking into the M5s.

Feb 22, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #8,495 of 11,644
I just got my E4000 and immediately got it plugged into my Shanling DAP. I’m running them balanced and with Spiral Dots. I gotta say, even at this barely burnt-in stage, it’s a fantastic pairing with the M5s. And I don’t even need the EQ anymore! Every part of the FR comes through, and separation is great from the balanced port.

Super happy here. I can only imagine better things for E5000 owners who are looking into the M5s.

Your right, EQ for E4000 is like trowing barrel of yellow paint on a Master Painting.

Congrats for your new (real) audiophile acquiring!

Feb 22, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #8,496 of 11,644
Your right, EQ for E4000 is like trowing barrel of yellow paint on a Master Painting.

Congrats for your new (real) audiophile acquiring!

Thanks! Yeah, you're right. That's why I'm gonna use the E4000 primarily with my desktop rig which doesn't have an EQ. That alone makes this IEM my all-around favorite under $200.

I think for the DAP, I'm gonna keep it paired with the Planamic because it isolates better and sounds just as great once EQ'd, (and that custom driver has other unique qualities that might cover up some of the not-as-great-as-my-desktop-rig deficiencies). Though that might change as the E4000 breaks in. I love new gear day!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #8,497 of 11,644
I have just received e4000 housing only from japan, i ordered it through a mail forwarding company to egypt for 10800 yen around 98$ without shipping and customs.

Iam making this post to show what exactly comes with them.

20190223_141844.jpg
20190223_142203.jpg
Some final audio tips, a pair of earhooks and a very nice silicone case.

20190223_142332.jpg
The iems and some carabiner.

20190223_142505.jpg
20190224_135315.jpg

I had a quick listen they sound great, felt abit more warmer than i thought they would, but i left them burning in for the time being.

Feb 24, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #8,498 of 11,644
I have just received e4000 housing only from japan, i ordered it through a mail forwarding company to egypt for 10800 yen around 98$ without shipping and customs.

Iam making this post to show what exactly comes with them.

I had a quick listen they sound great, felt abit more warmer than i thought they would, but i left them burning in for the time being.

Yay! Another E4k supporter. I really like E4k so much. Sorry I do not own them though, but my MAKE2 is tuned to be as close as E4K.

Feb 24, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #8,499 of 11,644
Yay! Another E4k supporter. I really like E4k so much. Sorry I do not own them though, but my MAKE2 is tuned to be as close as E4K.

Its my first time to try them, and they don't disappoint .. in fact they sound great and look great.

i was originally going for the e5000 but i also wanted to try moondrop kanas pro so bad, so at the end i opted for e4000 housing only and the kanas pro, they cost nearly the price of e5000.

and they both sound amazing in a different way.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #8,500 of 11,644
Its my first time to try them, and they don't disappoint .. in fact they sound great and look great.

i was originally going for the e5000 but i also wanted to try moondrop kanas pro so bad, so at the end i opted for e4000 housing only and the kanas pro, they cost nearly the price of e5000.

and they both sound amazing in a different way.

Nicey! With the same amount of money, you are getting 2! How do you compare the kanas pro with the E4k? Moondrop is very famous now, and I am really curious about their products.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #8,501 of 11,644
Nicey! With the same amount of money, you are getting 2! How do you compare the kanas pro with the E4k? Moondrop is very famous now, and I am really curious about their products.

I only listened to e4k like 30 minutes, so i am not sure i have an accurate comparison, but for a first impression, i would say the bass is a bit more boosted on the e4k, the mids are thicker, sweeter more on the warm side also slighty recessed in comparison, the lower treble has a bit more sparkle. the kanas pro on the other side sounds a tad cleaner with a more neutral approach.

isolation and leakage are better on the kanas, the e4k is definitely harder to drive.

Feb 25, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #8,502 of 11,644
Quick update after trying out the stock tips to compare to the Spiral Dots. Once again, the dots come to the rescue. Yeah, the bass is a bit quieter with the stock tips, but the treble seems smoother and more accurate on the Spiral Dots, even as the bass gets bigger. With my current rig, this is an ideal pairing. I'm fully into the idea of eventually upgrading to the E5000 once I make some tangentially-related changes to my upstream gear, but that's for another month (year?).

Feb 28, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #8,504 of 11,644
I find the E4000 to shine even more with somewhat powerfull DAP, and this duo take me by surprise, because the X1 isn't the cleanest source, but sure have incredible dynamic and power. With some too trebly iem, background noise is push fowards, cause yeah, X1 have a little dirty background floor. Well, E4000 sweep the dust of this noise floor and sound marvelous, the soundstage expand and imaging is just WOW. Really like this pairing while listen to Goldberg Variation (violin quartetr version).
P2280804.JPG P2280805.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back