Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 11, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #7,816 of 11,644
I too am interested in the Piano Forte IX-T. Despite being launched over a year ago, the -T series has managed to remain virtually anonymous. Final's Direct Shop says that they're made to order, so that could explain their apparent rarity. The -T series uses the same cable that was used on the TOTL LAB II, and it would be nice to think that the "improvements made to internal parts", referred to on their product page, are also derived from that flagship earphone.

I’ve always been fascinated with the Piano Forte series, especially the LAB II. I’ve got to go to the LA show next spring.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #7,820 of 11,644
Given my use of my favorite silicone tips, I find that the E5k is one of my better isolating phones.

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #7,822 of 11,644
Which tips are those?
They are a size L umbrella-shaped soft silicone. They do not insert into my ear canals but rather cover a large portion my my ear prior to the canal. Almost like a custom. I'm not sure where they came from, probably a long-gone inexpensive IEM. The largest size Spiral Dots work about as well also.

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #7,823 of 11,644
Don’t forget about the final FI-BA-SS (older model). Since the SST version came out, there are probably better deals to be had that brings the price closer to the E5000. I own the custom A&K version of this fantastic sounding IEM, and am a big, big fan.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #7,827 of 11,644
Unfortunately no at the moment as they are like a kickstarter thing in Japan last year. The MAKE series is a DIY IEM, which have 3 basic models, MAKE 3 is a single DD, MAKE is a hybrid with one BA and one DD, the MAKE 1 is with 3 BA and lab2 cable. All 3 with different finishing metal shell. I had a quick try on them and below are my very brief impression as I only listened to them for a few minutes.

MAKE 3 - punchy bass was my first impression, sound stage is wide, warm sounding.

MAKE 2 - bass is less than MAKE 3, though the mid is more forward, warm sounding, sound stage not as wide as MAKE 3.

MAKE 1 - not much bass, reminds me of the F7200, lots of details, reference. This is the only version with lab 2 cable.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #7,828 of 11,644
Unfortunately no at the moment as they are like a kickstarter thing in Japan last year. The MAKE series is a DIY IEM, which have 3 basic models, MAKE 3 is a single DD, MAKE is a hybrid with one BA and one DD, the MAKE 1 is with 3 BA and lab2 cable. All 3 with different finishing metal shell. I had a quick try on them and below are my very brief impression as I only listened to them for a few minutes.

MAKE 3 - punchy bass was my first impression, sound stage is wide, warm sounding.

MAKE 2 - bass is less than MAKE 3, though the mid is more forward, warm sounding, sound stage not as wide as MAKE 3.

MAKE 1 - not much bass, reminds me of the F7200, lots of details, reference. This is the only version with lab 2 cable.

Did they say if these would be on sale eventually? Seems like the Kickstarter thing has ended.

Also, how did the MAKE 2 and MAKE 3 compare to the Final E5000 if you have heard that?

Thanks

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #7,829 of 11,644
Hey guys.. I have a chance to buy a fad piano forte viii ..however due to the price I'm unsure? It's apparently new for around $650? Is there some telltale signs it may be a knockoff ( I believe the viii besides the lab2 is highly replicated )

I'm also a bit new to fad and to the piano forte... Does the viii have more of a v shape or is it neutral? I listen to a fair amount of metal which I'm unsure if this is the right iem for that genre.. I may lean towards a campfire audio vega or similar.

Do any of you guys use your PF as your go to for home or travel use?

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #7,830 of 11,644
Hey guys.. I have a chance to buy a fad piano forte viii ..however due to the price I'm unsure? It's apparently new for around $650? Is there some telltale signs it may be a knockoff ( I believe the viii besides the lab2 is highly replicated )

I'm also a bit new to fad and to the piano forte... Does the viii have more of a v shape or is it neutral? I listen to a fair amount of metal which I'm unsure if this is the right iem for that genre.. I may lean towards a campfire audio vega or similar.
Do any of you guys use your PF as your go to for home or travel use?
The PF series are anything but neutral. They do emphasize the mids with both ends of the audio spectrum rolled off to a degree. Wouldn't call them reference but rather rich and musical. As such, they sound amazing for jazz, acoustic and vocal genres. They are best used in a very quiet environment as they have zero isolation. The cables are rather thin so I would personally not want to use them during active travelling. They are like a good wine...savored in a quiet place were one can totally appreciate what they do so well. I owned the PF-IX so cannot comment specifically on the VIII but they do share a lot of similarities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back