Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 2, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #7,786 of 11,654
I'm not sure why you say that all dynamic drivers leak too much. Maybe I am not sensitive enough regarding isolation or need excessive isolation?

Have you tried the Noble Bell or Velvet?
Because of the vent.
I returned the E5000 and just bought a pair of Comet.
For the ones looking for a warm and musical IEM E5K are a nice option in this price range if leakage is not an issue .

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #7,787 of 11,654
I'm not sure why you say that all dynamic drivers leak too much. Maybe I am not sensitive enough regarding isolation or need excessive isolation?

Have you tried the Noble Bell or Velvet?

Because dynamic drivers all need vents?

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Aug 2, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #7,788 of 11,654
Because dynamic drivers all need vents?

I think it a degree of isolation needed then. I don't have an issue with a number of dynamic driver-based IEMs. I don't use my IEMs in high noise areas.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #7,791 of 11,654
Does the E5000 have less midbass than Xelento? Xelentos midbass was putting me off, way too much imo.

I have both, E5000 is not as thick or as bassy as Xelento, the midrange as well feels less thick

EDIT::: To get an ideea, E5000 is a good balance between bassy, impactful and natural, where Xelento is mostly pretty smooth and bassy, if you're looking for something more natural, E5000 is more in the natural side of things, where Xelento is more in the Bassy and smooth side of things.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #7,794 of 11,654
Surprised there's isn't more talk about the E5000.

It kind of blows the FH5 out of the water (imo) and it's pretty competitive with the ER4SR/XR offerings. When you consider fit, isolation, comfort, cable, accessories, SQ and portability (it's ridiculously thing and light), it's a really good deal.

If I didn't have a warm sub-bass monster in the Bravado already, I would've picked it up in a snap (and still will probably...no $ atm).

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #7,796 of 11,654
Aug 5, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #7,798 of 11,654
Is the mojo a good fit with the E5k?
I bought the e5k, and I have the dragonfly red, I want the best portable experience, so I thought to upgrade to the mojo, if it's not a good fit I need to cancel my order of the mojo before it ships, I will be using it with the iphone se as an ipod touch (I have an android phone as a phone, and the se 64 gb like new cost 150).

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #7,799 of 11,654
I bought the e5k, and I have the dragonfly red, I want the best portable experience, so I thought to upgrade to the mojo, if it's not a good fit I need to cancel my order of the mojo before it ships, I will be using it with the iphone se as an ipod touch (I have an android phone as a phone, and the se 64 gb like new cost 150).

I’d say although the Mojo seems portable, it’s really not. Unless if you have a bag on you when commuting. The DFR is just much smaller, lighter and easier to stuff in your pants pocket. I owned both. Mojo SQ is much better though.

Aug 5, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #7,800 of 11,654
I’d say although the Mojo seems portable, it’s really not. Unless if you have a bag on you when commuting. The DFR is just much smaller, lighter and easier to stuff in your pants pocket. I owned both. Mojo SQ is much better though.
I had the mojo (returned it, accidentally bought it from an unauthorized seller, no warranty) , and I know, but I realized that with the mojo pushed higher into my pocket by the new camera adapter it might be tolerable.
Also my dragonfly started cutting out with the left channel with the e5k when nudged away from the lit up side.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back