Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 30, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #7,771 of 11,654
I only care about sound coming the outside since my volume levels are only moderate.
The massdrop + had pretty claustrophobic soundstage for me. Fiio FH5 was slightly better in this regard. If the E5000 improves in this aspect, I am all for it. No need Andromeda level actually :p

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #7,772 of 11,654
Indeed they isolate quite well better than say Andromeda but they leak unfortunately.
I will return them unfortunately.
It seems that a very small IEM you can wear cable down with good isolation no leakage and on a warm side with good bass simply does not exist...
Final audio Fxxxx , Jays Q Jays , Etymotic are too shy in bass . Dynamic drivers leak too much (E5000 or Grado GR10). Remains Rose mini 4 which are good (sold them was a mistake) and Final Heaven VI which I liked but fixed cable killed the deal (bad flat cable too noisy)
It is a bit out of topic but any recommendation which fit these criterias?

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #7,773 of 11,654
I only care about sound coming the outside since my volume levels are only moderate.
The massdrop + had pretty claustrophobic soundstage for me. Fiio FH5 was slightly better in this regard. If the E5000 improves in this aspect, I am all for it. No need Andremade level actually :p

E5K has a more closed in, concert hall-like soundstage. Its not open or "free field" sounding. Notes, especially in the lower freq region, have a large note size and weight.

E5K also has some bass that seems to "overlay" and has this layer that seems to be masking and clouding the sound. This is what people mean when the bass bleeds.

I personally won't say the staging is huge, but it does seem congested at times solely due to the very large bass notes. Overall better for songs that are simpler in nature.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 30, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #7,774 of 11,654
Indeed they isolate quite well better than say Andromeda but they leak unfortunately.
It seems that a very small IEM you can wear cable down with good isolation no leakage and on a warm side with good bass simply does not exist...
Final audio Fxxxx , Jays Q Jays , Etymotic are too shy in bass . Dynamic drivers leak too much (E5000 or Grado GR10). Remains Rose mini 4 which are good (sold them was a mistake) and Final Heaven VI which I liked but fixed cable killed the deal (bad flat cable too noisy)

Not sure if it's small enough but maybe the Campfire Audio Comet might work for you? Failing that either of the edc range (every day carry) from noble (velvet and bell, to be released) may also be an option though not sure how much leakage there is from those. With the CA it's a sealed ba unit so won't be an issue.

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #7,778 of 11,654
We don't even know of there being any knock-offs out there yet, so why the question ? :)
Not what I mean, does the warranty apply (authorized dealers only, etc.) Will they actually send it to me, will it be used, etc.
I just want to know if anyone actually bought anything from them, and if the Japanese version is different...

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #7,779 of 11,654
Demo the E4000 and thought the E5000 is much better =P

E4000 felt meh to me. Kind of empty sounding. Then again the price of the E5000 is almost 2x more...

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #7,780 of 11,654

E4000 felt meh to me. Kind of empty sounding. Then again the price of the E5000 is almost 2x more...

Yeah, the E5000 is incredibly full and complete sounding. Makes most everything else seem as if it's lacking some vital frequencies. lol

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #7,781 of 11,654
Not what I mean, does the warranty apply (authorized dealers only, etc.) Will they actually send it to me, will it be used, etc.
I just want to know if anyone actually bought anything from them, and if the Japanese version is different...

I think the warranty is okay (?)

You can send a message to Final, only they can give clearance on this issue, I never heard of warranty issues with them

I also felt like E5000 is the best I tested from Final Audio thus far, really really warm and realistic, but still open and airy

Yeah, the E5000 is incredibly full and complete sounding. Makes most everything else seem as if it's lacking some vital frequencies. lol

That's one way to describe it, kinda like that actually, it feels like they have something that's sometimes missing (?)

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #7,783 of 11,654
Just bought the e5000 on amazon audioequip, are they legit?

Yup, I bought my E5000 from AudioEquip. Within my email exchanges with them, they do mention that they are authorized resellers of Final products.

I have no problems with my unit.

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #7,784 of 11,654

I'm not sure why you say that all dynamic drivers leak too much. Maybe I am not sensitive enough regarding isolation or need excessive isolation?

Have you tried the Noble Bell or Velvet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back