Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #7,502 of 11,644
Yeah, analogue set up always sounds best...I might splurge on a cheaper set of PF series, see it I like shape and fit. Any good PF that doesnt cost and arm and a leg?

One caveat I have to add is, if you listen to Rock Music a lot, the PF series is not for you. The PF models sound best with Jazz, Pop or Classic. When I want to listen to Rock, I use my Layla II or my CA Vega , both upgraded with Brimar Cables..... If you´re interested, I´d recommend you try the PF VIII-T first.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #7,503 of 11,644
All this glorification of the PF X series....
Highly understandable considering it's Final, but here I am with the FI-BA-SS absolutely adoring them. It makes me wonder so much since I've never tried the PF series despite all the positive talk. Please fill me in, what's the magic this time?

I always preferred the LAB01 over the FIBASS. The Magic is the horn speaker design. If you´ve never listened to a superb horn speaker before, you´d better go and do so. It will be an experience you will not forget, I can tell ya.... The dynamics and naturalness can´t be beaten by any other speaker design, same goes for earphones.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #7,504 of 11,644
One caveat I have to add is, if you listen to Rock Music a lot, the PF series is not for you. The PF models sound best with Jazz, Pop or Classic. When I want to listen to Rock, I use my Layla II or my CA Vega , both upgraded with Brimar Cables..... If you´re interested, I´d recommend you try the PF VIII-T first.
Thanks will read up on them. Thanks for the recommendation

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #7,505 of 11,644

Sounds like they have quite the nice warm sound to them. How do they fair with vocals?

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #7,508 of 11,644
And here I thought the FIBASS did a 10/10 job in delivering vocals lol. Well I'll be damned. What an exciting statement. It's everything I look for in a pair of earphones (...well not quite), better let my ears do the job once I visit Japan early next year :p

For the ultimate thrill, ask if you can listen to them through a tube headphone amp!

Nov 13, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #7,511 of 11,644
I'll try them with my Beyerdynamic A2 tonight and update.

Caveat: If they don´t have at least 600 hours burn in time on the clock, don´t listen to them. They sound horrible right out of the box, and the big big dynamic drivers really need that much burn in to create the magic they´re able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back