Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #7,486 of 11,644
This was an impulse purchase for me because of a recent personal event. However, I don't regret even a bit. I tried Piano Fort VIII as well, Not a huge fan. Too muddy. Stay tuned for their second generation models with a suffix of -T, like Piano Forte X-T. Those should have tiny tweaks and come with silver cables, but are just not available in North America yet.

I already have it. Directly from FAD Japan Headquarters. :sunglasses:

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #7,488 of 11,644
That's awesome! There are so much stuff I would like to buy if I was in Japan. :wink:

Listening right now to Ike Quebec´s "Bossa Nova Soul Samba". The PF-X-T25 is the only one of my IEM Flagships, which can bring me the heart & soul of the music. It´s simply a class of it´s own.....

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #7,489 of 11,644
Listening right now to Ike Quebec´s "Bossa Nova Soul Samba". The PF-X-T25 is the only one of my IEM Flagships, which can bring me the heart & soul of the music. It´s simply a class of it´s own.....

I totally agree. The X is my favorite right now. But when I travel, I have to downgrade to the Heaven series, because I'm too afraid to break it. Wish the cables were detachable!

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #7,490 of 11,644
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-08 at 3.31.00 PM.jpeg
Best headphone/earphone Ive ever heard.PERIOD

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-11-08 at 3.31.00 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-11-08 at 3.31.00 PM.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #7,494 of 11,644
I totally agree. The X is my favorite right now. But when I travel, I have to downgrade to the Heaven series, because I'm too afraid to break it. Wish the cables were detachable!

Maybe read a bit about the way FAD implemented the Junkosha cable to the PF-X-T model. The R&D team did it, because it sounds way better than when the cable would be detachable. And by the way, Kanemori Takai designed the PF models to be his Opus Horn Speakers in the size of an earphone. That´s why I listen to them using a headphone tube amp with vintage tubes!

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #7,495 of 11,644
wow thats saying something, havent heard other FADs, this is my 1st one and it easily beats everything ive heard before. Thanks for the info, I will research it now

I know where you come from. For me, it also was love at first sight when I listened to the LAB01 right out of the box.

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #7,498 of 11,644
haha would love to demo these one day, read good things about the maogc of the PF series. For an acquired taste but lovely all the same

If you´ve ever listened to a very good analog set up, with an excellent turntable or reel to reel tape machine as source, plus tube amps and horn speakers, that´s what the PF-X-T25 sound like. Pure luxury for the ears.....

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #7,499 of 11,644
If you´ve ever listened to a very good analog set up, with an excellent turntable or reel to reel tape machine as source, plus tube amps and horn speakers, that´s what the PF-X-T25 sound like. Pure luxury for the ears.....
Yeah, analogue set up always sounds best...I might splurge on a cheaper set of PF series, see it I like shape and fit. Any good PF that doesnt cost and arm and a leg?

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #7,500 of 11,644
All this glorification of the PF X series....
Highly understandable considering it's Final, but here I am with the FI-BA-SS absolutely adoring them. It makes me wonder so much since I've never tried the PF series despite all the positive talk. Please fill me in, what's the magic this time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back