Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 20, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #7,336 of 11,654
After the PF 10, I could not already listen to 8. Sound stage, sound images, volume .. Final Audio made the price of the PF 10 twice as expensive. This is not marketing. This is the truth of life.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #7,340 of 11,654
After the PF 10, I could not already listen to 8. Sound stage, sound images, volume .. Final Audio made the price of the PF 10 twice as expensive. This is not marketing. This is the truth of life.

I fully agree with you, ninaraduga,
in a few words you wrote an insightful summary of the differences, :smile_phones:

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #7,341 of 11,654
I fully agree with you, ninaraduga,
in a few words you wrote an insightful summary of the differences, :smile_phones:

I´d rather say they´re tuned differently, cause if you look you´ll see that some folks prefer the PF VIII over the IX and X. There´s even one guy on reddit who stated that he listened to all PF models without knowing the price of each model and preferred the PF VIII over the other two. So it´s not so easy to find the model which suites you best imo. You better listen first to all the models than just go after the price......

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #7,342 of 11,654
There´s even one guy on reddit who stated that he listened to all PF models without knowing the price of each model and preferred the PF VIII over the other two.

I have a long time all PF, well warmed up. Perhaps your example shows the power of burning. PF 10 after 500 hours of burning just destroy ALL other earphones (vocal, acoustic, pop music). Without burning, they are very similar to PF 8, 9. I simultaneously had a heated PF 8 and I just bought PF 10 and even PF 8 seemed better in comparison with crude PF 10. I was very upset, because the difference in price is very high between 10 and 8, which did not affect the sound as it seemed to me then. But after long burning ... The difference became incredible.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #7,343 of 11,654
And then I realized that the price of Final Audio is very correct. They never overprice. Each earphone sounds exactly the money that the Final Audio is asking for. The same Fibass I like a lot more competitors in the segment up to 1200 dollars. I like Fibass more than the popular on the forum Rhapsodio Solar (1550 USD). Fibass extremely transparent, clear, pure sound. Solar's are deaf (as if veiled) and narrow at medium frequencies after the Fibass.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #7,344 of 11,654
I have a long time all PF, well warmed up. Perhaps your example shows the power of burning. PF 10 after 500 hours of burning just destroy ALL other earphones (Vocal, acoustic, pop music). Without burning, they are very similar to PF 8, 9. I simultaneously had a heated PF 8 and I just bought PF 10 and even PF 8 seemed better in comparison with crude PF 10. But after long burning ... The difference became incredible.

I respect your experience, but remember people listen for different things, and like different sound signatures. That´s why there are so many headphones on the market. Otherwise we would all just buy the most expensive gear and be satisfied to know we have "The Best". :smirk:

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #7,345 of 11,654
Earphones can be disappointing if the style of music for them is incorrectly chosen. For example, the PF 10 may not satisfy fans of EDM, Trance, Heavy Rock. And FIBASS is perfect for these styles.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #7,346 of 11,654
Earphones can be disappointing if the style of music for them is incorrectly chosen. For example, the PF 10 may not satisfy fans of EDM, Trance, Heavy Rock. And FIBASS is perfect for these styles.

Yup, neither do the PF VIII imo. But once you find the right album, it clicks and the PF do their "magic"....

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #7,347 of 11,654
What source and amp do you guys use with pfx?

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #7,348 of 11,654
Jun 23, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #7,349 of 11,654
anyone tried pairing with amps?
I have heard they would scale with proper amping.
I'm now considering to buy analog squared paper's amp, still thinking to buy which model tho

Jun 23, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #7,350 of 11,654
anyone tried pairing with amps?
I have heard they would scale with proper amping.
I'm now considering to buy analog squared paper's amp, still thinking to buy which model tho

the piano forte x don't realy need a amp, they are very easy to drive. but i like the combination with the analog squared paper tr-07hp amp, a nice litte vfet (transistors that act like a tridode tube) amp, look here https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...scussion-thread.632518/page-246#post-12130254 . two things are not so good, only 4h play time and it takes 1/4 h to sound best. for me the tr-07hp has a very similar character like the piano forte x, the extra bass from the tr-07hp is a perfect match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back