Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 19, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #6,887 of 11,686
F7200, F4100, F3100 are extremely underwhelming when being compared to the Heaven Series.

I wouldn't say that. The F-Series is just different. If you have a warmer source like the i5 the Heavens could be too thick and then
the F4100 would just be a great match in terms of clarity. I really liked the F4100. I also loved my Heaven V on my old Sony A17, but after I got the
i5 they did not work well together.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #6,888 of 11,686
I would agree on this point. Since basically everybody is using an equalizer porgramm to adapt also to different kind of music it seems for me appropriate to not have a to pre specified sound since sometimes i change from classic music to electronic or hip hop. A high bass level is not good in classic but in Electronic and also vice versa. 

Feb 22, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #6,892 of 11,686
Thnx, I tried it. How deep are PFs supposed to go in the ear? Mine does not stay in, you need some seal or its supposed to fit so loose?

It's not supposed to go deep, no seal at all. It just hang there unlike iems.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #6,893 of 11,686
I wouldn't say that. The F-Series is just different. If you have a warmer source like the i5 the Heavens could be too thick and then
the F4100 would just be a great match in terms of clarity. I really liked the F4100. I also loved my Heaven V on my old Sony A17, but after I got the
i5 they did not work well together.
i use the f series with a variety of daps from i5 to qp1r. It just sound plain bad which is why you sell them :) Muddy bass with muffled treble.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #6,894 of 11,686
i use the f series with a variety of daps from i5 to qp1r. It just sound plain bad which is why you sell them :) Muddy bass with muffled treble.

That's strange. The treble on the F7200 was very clear through my Aune M1S.

Maybe you heard more superior IEMs. Wish I had that kind of luxury.

Feb 22, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #6,895 of 11,686

And as an antidote to the above. The F4100 is a competent mid-priced single balanced armature. Its compares well to other similar types of transducers in my collection eg Ortofon EQ7, Shure 315, FAD Heaven IV and the like. Tuning of course differs for all those - I've commented elsewhere on the F4100 vs the Heaven IV. They sound pleasant out of an ipod, Mojo, Fiio X3II, AK70 and a Cowon P1. I find neither the bass muddy nor the treble muffled - it doesn't go as deep or as high as a dynamic driver, but the rolloffs at both ends are well handled and the instrumental timbre is, to my ears, quite good for the price. You won't mistake them for a TOTL iem or even a higher price point earphone - such as my AKG K3003, AK T8ie MKii, Campfire Audio Lyra, Noble Audio Savant, but no-one's asking you to.  

They are good for rock and pop, acoustic and small scale classical. They are not so good for larger classical works nor deep bass EDM. The sound differs significantly with the silicon tips and the foam tubes. Because of their deep insertion point, they aren't a particular good match with Spinfits - Sony hybrids work better.  The main benefit of the F series is their size - there isn't anything comparable in a BA that sounds as good or as comfortable. The RHA S500 and the qJays are cheaper and sound that way, the AAW is a small dynamic driver that is promising as an alternate. Best sleeping iem in my collection!

regards,

Giles

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #6,898 of 11,686
Got it. You don't like them. Let's agree that we disagree on the F-Series (at least on the F4100)

The F7200 sounds so much better but still no match compared to FI-BA-SS

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,899 of 11,686
The F7200 sounds so much better but still no match compared to FI-BA-SS

Given the price differential, would you really expect it to? Really? By the same token you may as well say Apple Earpods don't sound as good as a Sennheiser Orpheus...

regards,

Giles

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #6,900 of 11,686
What is the best tips to use on the Heaven VI? Comply or OEM or Spinfits or JVC Spiral dots; and why?

whichever you prefer.

I used to uses comply foam tips, but my ears started to hurt from repeatedly taking them out and putting them back in.
I have since had a custom pair of tips made. with the cost of these IEMs, i recommend it. (i do not have the Heaven VI, i had grado GR10(e)'s, now FI-BA-SS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back