Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #6,901 of 11,664
What is the best tips to use on the Heaven VI? Comply or OEM or Spinfits or JVC Spiral dots; and why?

Any of the above EXCEPT Comply! With the remainder, I wouldn't say any are better than the others: just different.

...and different depends on your DAP and the type of music you prefer. Personally, the Spinfits are a good balance

between the OEM and JVC.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #6,904 of 11,664
The FI-BA-SS is really exceptional, and the earphone I point to first when someone doubts FAD's ability to make audiophile-caliber products. Right now I'm comparing my white-cabled FI-BA-SS to James444's black-cabled one. The white version isn't available to consumers, but is specially tuned to the company president's tastes and only given to FAD employees and individuals with connections to the company. It's tuned to be slightly warmer and more laid back compared to the black version.

I just bought an AKR02 and will get them in a few days. This is my first FAD product, and I'm excited to hear them.

I wonder if the white cabled FI-BA-SS is the same as the AKR02 since the AKs are supposed to be a bit warmer from what I've read.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #6,906 of 11,664
I just bought an AKR02 and will get them in a few days. This is my first FAD product, and I'm excited to hear them.

I wonder if the white cabled FI-BA-SS is the same as the AKR02 since the AKs are supposed to be a bit warmer from what I've read.

Hoepfully you wont get cable issues - I had 2 AKR02  in the past and both developed cable faults and was almost impossible to replace the cable as had bespoke screw connectors on them.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #6,907 of 11,664
Hoepfully you wont get cable issues - I had 2 AKR02  in the past and both developed cable faults and was almost impossible to replace the cable as had bespoke screw connectors on them.

It appears that you can use the replacement cable from the qJays V2 with the AKR02

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #6,909 of 11,664
Cheers for the info - has anyone tried this ? Pictures please

I saw it in another thread where one confirmed that it worked. And you can get a version of that cable with in-line remote if interested. It is a very good and solid cable, I have used the qJays almost daily for 1 1/2 year with no problems at all

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #6,910 of 11,664

I'm going to use them exclusively at home, so hopefully I won't have any cable issues.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #6,911 of 11,664
Since Final's brand new FI-BA-SST has a replaceable cable, I would imagine it uses the same fitting. If so, that would solve the replacement cable issue for those who prefer not to have an inline remote a la the qJays.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #6,912 of 11,664
Since Final's brand new FI-BA-SST has a replaceable cable, I would imagine it uses the same fitting. If so, that would solve the replacement cable issue for those who prefer not to have an inline remote a la the qJays.

qJays has a cable with and one without inline

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #6,914 of 11,664
My mistake, the FI-BA-SST does not have a replaceable cable, just a new cable.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #6,915 of 11,664
Just received the FI-BA-SS today and have to agree that the cable really let the whole package down. Looking forward to listening to them tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back