Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,856 of 11,644

A small overview of the Russian-speaking LAB 1 owner. My translation into English (original here: https://doctorhead.ru/product/final_audio_design_lab_1/?comments=yes )

Strange, but I never thought that such small earphones are so interesting and efficiently serve the music. To be honest while listening, I felt a physical pleasure to the body. I do not know how to explain it. Music played so interesting and exciting that some energy charge passed through the body in the most climactic moments, and sometimes I felt a formication and the hair rises on my hands. In other headphones I such do not felt, and I heard not a little: AK Layla and Angie, and Westone W60, and Sony all sorts, all of them interesting, high-quality sound. But! what I heard in LAB 1, nobody could repeat. Maybe of course this is all subjective, but it seems to me that the Final Audio create something incredible with these headphones. And I really liked their placement in the ears. Because everyones Layla and other high-end headphones are very bulky and stick out from the ears that affects the sound when walking, because they strive to fall. And the LAB's size as normal headphones, put in and everything is fine, but for them, I would recommend foam tips. In general, they have produced a magical impression on me.

Accessories that I use:

Sony Walkman NW-ZX2

Astell & Kern AK240 Gunmetal

Sony PHA-3

Similar products that I've got:

Westone W40

Ortofon e-Q8

Sennheiser HD 650 Blue Stage Edition

AKG K812

Sergey,
So strange you can't noticed what this is not lab i, cos on picture heaven vii.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #6,857 of 11,644
Олег, привет, for all I know in doctorhead.ru was not VII only VIII.

Take a look at the photo. Visible cavities, as well as in the Lab I. Heaven VII, on the contrary to this point has protrusions, instead of cavities.

Cheers!

Lab I

Lab I

Heaven VII

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #6,858 of 11,644
Олег, привет, for all I know in doctorhead.ru was not VII only VIII.

Take a look at the photo. Visible cavities, as well as in the Lab I. Heaven VII, on the contrary to this point has protrusions, instead of cavities.

Cheers!

Lab I

Lab I

Heaven VII

Lab i have 90 degree angle at back of the housing, instead heaven vii, a little round back.

I m 100 % sure that this is different models, cos i have heaven viii, and listened a few times lib i in music store

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #6,859 of 11,644
Doctorhead.ru verifies all comments very carefully. He would not let the false comments posted. And why? The man described the sound of Lab 1, and not the Heaven VII. He compares Lab I with headphones comparable prices (Angie, Layla). Just a very poor quality photo, and you thought that it was a mistake. However, detailed analysis suggests that a review about the Lab 1.

If you have something to say about the sound of Lab 1, share with the community, because it is very interesting compared to Piano Forte and Heaven.

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #6,860 of 11,644

Cheers!

Lab I

This photo shows definitely the Heaven VII, not the LAB I. The LAB's housing is significantly thicker, which is easy to tell if you look at the bottom curve:

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #6,861 of 11,644
so are you saying the heaven VII sounds the exact same as Lab I? what he says in his review also applies to Lab I it seems. 

Found a review of them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/749038/poor-man-reviews-final-audio-design-heaven-7-heaven-8-and-lab-1

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #6,863 of 11,644
The impression is more Lab 1 like, however there is a mismatch with the picture.
I have Lab 1 and had heard all Heaven Series, including the lab2.
James is trying to correct the statement that is is not Lab 1, but Heaven VII. I think James own a Heaven VII if I am not mistaken.
Anyway, Any of Heaven Series is worth having. IMHO. YMMV.

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #6,864 of 11,644
The impression is more Lab 1 like, however there is a mismatch with the picture.
I have Lab 1 and had heard all Heaven Series, including the lab2.
James is trying to correct the statement that is is not Lab 1, but Heaven VII. I think James own a Heaven VII if I am not mistaken.
Anyway, Any of Heaven Series is worth having. IMHO. YMMV.

Yes, I own a Heaven VII and had a LAB I on loan from our dear (and sadly absent) friend musicbird some time ago.

That's why I instantly knew that the photo shows the Heaven VII. I remember the LAB's thicker housing very well, since I had trouble fitting them with cable upwards. The Heaven VII, on the other hand, are genuinely comfortable for me both cable upwards and downwards, due to their thinner body.

The translated impressions brings back memories of musicbird's impressions of the LAB I. But imho they wouldn't be off the mark either, if someone posted them about the Heaven VII.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #6,865 of 11,644

top: heaven VII. note the 'polygon-like' shapes, as well as the 'carving' around the sides.
below: lab I. note the checkerboard pattern and sleek sides.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #6,867 of 11,644
  Guys I got the question hanging between the F4100 from final and the Sonorous III
Which should i take 

find some place to try them. i'd personally go for the sonorous III out of those 2.

I must say, strange that you're comparing full size headphones with IEMs?

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #6,868 of 11,644
find some place to try them. i'd personally go for the sonorous III out of those 2.

I must say, strange that you're comparing full size headphones with IEMs?

They both use a Single Balanced Armature.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #6,869 of 11,644
Feb 15, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #6,870 of 11,644
Yes i mean this two. 
This is because i want to know if there is change in quality of the sound if i take the In Ear since they actually bring for me the advance portability factor which i as a student prefer.
Also the Sonorous III dont come with any case and are more usable at home. Since in Western Europe its really hard to test them somewhere i wanted to ask before order.
I just ordered the F 4100 and i will see what the results are in the sound 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back