Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #6,841 of 11,644
I currently have Heaven VI and VIII but i am still very curious about the new Lab...

I know some of the comparisons have been made between the new and old Labs ...

I am looking for any opinion on the difference in sound especially between the Heaven VIII and new Labs.

I really like the Heaven VIII when listening i am in a "slow down and relax" mode but they are also very

satisfying with electronica...

Wondering what the new Labs can do?

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #6,842 of 11,644
  So to ask the IV and VI only differ in the Design ? Becuase one got more the plastic construction while the other one is having the aluminium body.
So if you want to have more the boost sound you go for the VI and IV ? 
I only got partly your description, are the III very like Monitoring Headphones as an Example the MX 50 from Audio Technica ? 
Because I got this kind of Headphones allready.
I am more searching for the most impressive Soundstage that you can imagine not a clear Studio Headphone to monitor.

I think drivers are the same , the rest I don't know but to my ears, as far as I remember, they were pretty similar, maybe VI being more refined.
Don't know ATH M50.
For soundstage go for open cans, if closed you can look at VI yes but there are many great closed headphones in the market

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #6,843 of 11,644
Okay then thang you for that report. 
Another question, which In ear are preferable in the In ear Section of Final Audio. I got the Shure SE 425 and i think they are brillieant if you want to hear a lot that you didnt hear before but a bit flat, like i am missing a bit bass.

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #6,844 of 11,644
I have been listening to the FA F7200 for a while. One thing I have noticed is the intimate vocals. The F7200 is very capable when it comes to vocal distinction. It sounds very proper for male or female vocals. The presentation of the sound is large, but not commanding. It sounds liquid smooth and polite. Which is perfect for classical music. Not so good for big orchestral music. That's because it lacks the intensity for powerful big orchestral soundtracks. Soundtracks such as Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst. Although I must admit. Despite the F7200's polite presentation. The soundstage is very 3 Dimensional. With very good imaging and great accuracy. It's definitely the best out of the three.

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #6,845 of 11,644
  Okay then thang you for that report. 
Another question, which In ear are preferable in the In ear Section of Final Audio. I got the Shure SE 425 and i think they are brillieant if you want to hear a lot that you didnt hear before but a bit flat, like i am missing a bit bass.

Shure's have very different sound signatures compared to finals, it's best if you could get the chance to listen to them first.

And what's your budget? I'd have to say Heaven VII is right on the sweet spot when we're talking price/performance.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #6,849 of 11,644
Final audio or campfire audio? Any thoughts?

Thx in advance!

This must be the laziest, vaguest and least answerable question I have read on headfi. Both have tons of models at prices between 50$ and 2500$, with all sorts of signatures. And we have no clue what you budget is and what you want.

Feb 12, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #6,850 of 11,644
This must be the laziest, vaguest and least answerable question I have read on headfi. Both have tons of models at prices between 50$ and 2500$, with all sorts of signatures. And we have no clue what you budget is and what you want.

i usually answer with 'yes' on such multiple choice questions :wink:

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #6,851 of 11,644

Leaning towards fibass vs andromeda vs vega.

Like female vocals, jpop, ochestra, piano, rock, bass, pop etc.

I have the heaven vi. Looking for an upgrade or something different.

Of coz recommendations of other brands are worth considering.

Tried the fibass years ago, absolutely brilliant, bright but fatiguing. Jus wondering if there is sumthing new n better compared to such an old model.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #6,852 of 11,644

Tried the fibass years ago, absolutely brilliant, bright but fatiguing. Jus wondering if there is sumthing new n better compared to such an old model.

Can I ask you what your source device is?

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #6,854 of 11,644

I haven't heard the new FI-BA-SST but it is supposedly less aggressive in the treble than the old model. The Andromeda is a balanced sounding and the Vega more bass boosted.

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #6,855 of 11,644
Mm...also very curious about the fi-ss-sst. Querying a dealer now. Just might spring for it during canjam singa. I had the fi-ba-ss before (it was a dealer loaner). Gave it up. I could no longer remember the reason why.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back