Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #6,574 of 11,642
treat yourself, treat your earphones.

get some custom tips. perfect fit, can wear my earphones the entire day (that's 14+ hours)

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #6,575 of 11,642
For me it really has to be the final audio design heaven vi, they are just stunning with vocals, male and female, I've never heard anything like it and I've owned many decent iems, such as the ue900, re600, se535, fitear f111, Ortofon eq5,7,8. Grado gr10, heir 5, fad fi-ba-ss. The Heaven vi were streets ahead of any of those for vocals it wasn't even close. A really amazing achievement to get both male and female vocals sounding just so good. I think they should be a the top of you list.

I had  heaven VI, agree that the vocals are outstanding, I liked more than fibass.

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #6,577 of 11,642
I received the F4100s today, and I have to sa for a single BA, these are nothing short of incredible.

My objective was to get IEMs with the best possible isolation, SQ second. These easily fit the first goal (better isolation that my old shurese215s). The sound (keep in mind, 1 BA) for the form size is easily excellent. Final can work some magic with BAs, that's for sure. I will write a full review with comlarisons, but I'll write some brief impressions here or those interested.

Packaging: 10/10 for utility, no real complaints. If comparing to RHA though, RHA presentation blows it back. Nothing special, but by no means terrible. Adequate packaging, looks classy, gets the job done.

Accessories: 10/10, has everything I needed. Oesn't come with a hundred things, just what you need. Can't rate lower than 10 because it does nothing wrong. Eartips, earguides, and case. The case is silicon, and has a very convenient cable management system. It is not too crush resistant, but it would take a lot of force to crush these IEMs anyways. The case does its job very well.

IEM build: 9/10 Build is stellar. Little baby chunks of aluminum that magically make sound. Cable is great as well. Feels nice, doesn't tangle easily.

Microphonics: 9/10 I used these with foam eartips. Microphonics are essentially nonexistent with the cable slider in use. You can run with these with little to no cable noise. Haven't tried with silicon eartips.

Isolation: 9.5/10 Excellent. With medium foamies on (inserted at least 1cm in ear), better than shure se215s.

Sound: As a single BA, I can't give these less than a 9 for overall SQ. That in itself is some damn impressive tuning. Bass is clean, mids are the star of the show (first IEM I have tried where the mids actually sound full and organic. Highs are in the right place, not too bright. The soundstage would be about the size of my head. I would describe the sound like a cozy log cabin with a nice fire going. Very very addictive.

As a quick comparison vs Vmoda M100s (completelt unfair comparison by the way). This is comparing a 50mm driver to a 5mm BA. Pure idiocy on my part, but its the only other headphone I have.

If Vmoda bass is a 10, F4100 would be a 7. Doesn't reach as low or rumble (clearly). But the detail is there.
If the Vmoda mids are a 7, the F4100 mids would be 10. M100 has recessed mids, sound distant, but the F4100 are right there.
If the Vmoda highs are a 10, F4100 would be a 7.5 or 8. Never sibilant, but they are in a good spot.

Honestly, for the combination of isolation and SQ, these are purely terrific. Small enough to sleep in, no worries about the cable be ause it can be replaced. Little to no microphonics, and cozy log cabin SQ. I will write a more detailed review with amling and more comparisons. Hope this helped.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #6,578 of 11,642
excellent impressions of the F4100. I agree in most points, especially when it comes to the sound quality. 
They are tuned brighter than the Heaven series, especially compared to the Heaven V (which I used before).
Stunning bass for this tiny fellows, superb clarity.

First use you have to use some courage to push them really deep into your ear canal. But once they are there they stay there
and achieve great seal and isolation. No need to adjust the fit every now and then.

Cable is a bit of downside as I find it very microphonic. Will order a different cable next week.

The case is so so... I like the cable management but whether it is necessary to put the IEM and the jack in two different of compartments the case...I don't know.. I realized myself doing this twice until I find this to complicated and turning back to my old mint can for storage...

But they are totally worth the money and I appreciate seeing more of the money going into the actual product than in the fancy-schmancy packing

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #6,579 of 11,642
With realistic expectations, couldn't be happier! Just wondering, do you use the cable cinch? I have consistently found that cable cinch is the main way to reduce microphonics

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #6,582 of 11,642
Looking forward to your impressions. The F4100s floored me (the only thing I could possibly fault it for is lack of sub bass impact, but would that even be physically possible?). The whole signature is like a log cabin coziness with an energetic fire in the middle driving the vocals (and everything else) to glass skyscraper clarity. The combination of clarity, energy, and fullness of the notes is what really surprised me (usually a tradeoff between warmth and detail, these somehow have both) I hope the F7200 are as excellent, if not better.

As a note about the connectors, they are extremely well made. The website cautions you about repeated disconnecting, but it is as well made as any other mmcx if not better. I would still heed the warning, but it isn't as if they need to be babied.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #6,583 of 11,642
u have yet to try the heaven vi if u think f4100 is organic. if the organic level for heaven vi is 10, f4100 is 6.5.
4100 is good but the mids is not as good as you say.
I received the F4100s today, and I have to sa for a single BA, these are nothing short of incredible.

My objective was to get IEMs with the best possible isolation, SQ second. These easily fit the first goal (better isolation that my old shurese215s). The sound (keep in mind, 1 BA) for the form size is easily excellent. Final can work some magic with BAs, that's for sure. I will write a full review with comlarisons, but I'll write some brief impressions here or those interested.

Packaging: 10/10 for utility, no real complaints. If comparing to RHA though, RHA presentation blows it back. Nothing special, but by no means terrible. Adequate packaging, looks classy, gets the job done.

Accessories: 10/10, has everything I needed. Oesn't come with a hundred things, just what you need. Can't rate lower than 10 because it does nothing wrong. Eartips, earguides, and case. The case is silicon, and has a very convenient cable management system. It is not too crush resistant, but it would take a lot of force to crush these IEMs anyways. The case does its job very well.

IEM build: 9/10 Build is stellar. Little baby chunks of aluminum that magically make sound. Cable is great as well. Feels nice, doesn't tangle easily.

Microphonics: 9/10 I used these with foam eartips. Microphonics are essentially nonexistent with the cable slider in use. You can run with these with little to no cable noise. Haven't tried with silicon eartips.

Isolation: 9.5/10 Excellent. With medium foamies on (inserted at least 1cm in ear), better than shure se215s.

Sound: As a single BA, I can't give these less than a 9 for overall SQ. That in itself is some damn impressive tuning. Bass is clean, mids are the star of the show (first IEM I have tried where the mids actually sound full and organic. Highs are in the right place, not too bright. The soundstage would be about the size of my head. I would describe the sound like a cozy log cabin with a nice fire going. Very very addictive.

As a quick comparison vs Vmoda M100s (completelt unfair comparison by the way). This is comparing a 50mm driver to a 5mm BA. Pure idiocy on my part, but its the only other headphone I have.

If Vmoda bass is a 10, F4100 would be a 7. Doesn't reach as low or rumble (clearly). But the detail is there.
If the Vmoda mids are a 7, the F4100 mids would be 10. M100 has recessed mids, sound distant, but the F4100 are right there.
If the Vmoda highs are a 10, F4100 would be a 7.5 or 8. Never sibilant, but they are in a good spot.

Honestly, for the combination of isolation and SQ, these are purely terrific. Small enough to sleep in, no worries about the cable be ause it can be replaced. Little to no microphonics, and cozy log cabin SQ. I will write a more detailed review with amling and more comparisons. Hope this helped.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #6,584 of 11,642
Thanks for the advice man, I will definitely have to try the Heaven VIs at some point. If you look at my previous IEMs though, you could probably understand why I am so impressed by the F4100 mids. I haven't had a headphone that has such nice mids, and as such it is hard to rank the best.

I checked out some reviews though, and they concur with having truly incredible mids (I don't doubt it one bit either, I believe you here). However, they are also saying that the Heaven VIs can get sibilant. Any hint of sibilance kills sound for me. What is your opinion on this?

I Had the T10s, those were sibilant as sin, the Sibilance overshadowed like 50% of the sound. If they are not sibilant, then I will take a look into getting them. If the F4100 mids blew me back, I can only imagine what the Heavens do. Are the higher model heavens good as well.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #6,585 of 11,642
Thanks for the advice man, I will definitely have to try the Heaven VIs at some point. If you look at my previous IEMs though, you could probably understand why I am so impressed by the F4100 mids. I haven't had a headphone that has such nice mids, and as such it is hard to rank the best.

I checked out some reviews though, and they concur with having truly incredible mids (I don't doubt it one bit either, I believe you here). However, they are also saying that the Heaven VIs can get sibilant. Any hint of sibilance kills sound for me. What is your opinion on this?

I Had the T10s, those were sibilant as sin, the Sibilance overshadowed like 50% of the sound. If they are not sibilant, then I will take a look into getting them. If the F4100 mids blew me back, I can only imagine what the Heavens do. Are the higher model heavens good as well.

for vocals oriented tracks, there is no sibilance at all.
the t10 is one of the worst iems i have ever tried haha, very sibilant.
if u r coming from a heaven vi, 4100 is mehh but when coming from a t10, 4100 is good.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back